Charity Bundle

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 08 June 2020 - 05:43 PM

Currently Itch.io is hosting a bundle with quite a few games (and other media) in it, with 100% of the proceedings going to support the cause of the protesting happening in the united states right now. You can find the bundle here: Link

While there is a lot of titles in there that are kind of no name, there are a fair few more well known indie titles, such as:

• Night in the Woods
  • Oxenfree
  • Super Hexagon
  • OneShot
  • Heavy Bullet
  • Bleed 1&2
  • Catlateral Damage
  • Minit

...and probably lots more I missed. Entire bundle is 5$ and it's DRM free, so, it's quite the steal.

The bundle also actually come with licenses for some game making assets too, which might be relevant to some of you?
There is also like, at least 10+ shoot em ups in here, none of which I had heard of before, so if you're into those then, uh, might be good to check it out?

• Avaro and Matthew like this

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 08 June 2020 - 07:11 PM

That's a lot of games. And yeah sounds like some pretty good titles in there too.

#3 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:15 PM

video games are good sometimes but (POLITICAL DISCUSSION WARNING -- DO NOT CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SUBJECTED TO POLITICS)

Spoiler

• Hergiswi likes this

#4 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 June 2020 - 03:33 AM

I heard about this yesterday - will definitely pick it up. I often jump on itch.io and try out demos/free games (just sidestep all the softcore visual novels) so this sounds like fun to peruse. Maybe chuck the devs of any games I like a little extra.

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:05 AM

I cannot recommend Night in the Woods enough.  It draws you in, hugs you, shows you a good time, and wants to invite you back for Holiday dinner a week later.  OneShot is actually kind of similar.  It's pretty darn unique.

There were some RPG art packs in there that looked interesting.  I'd like to see if some graphics can be ripped from them.

#6 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:03 AM

There were some RPG art packs in there that looked interesting.  I'd like to see if some graphics can be ripped from them.

Mind whatever licensing agreements if you do this. Most license agreements prevents re-distribution.
  • ShadowTiger likes this

#7 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 09 June 2020 - 02:55 PM

FYI: The bundle just got updated with around 500 additional works, including Celeste, a very good precision platformer that I can't recommend more than enough!

• ShadowTiger likes this

#8 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 09 June 2020 - 03:59 PM

Yes Celeste is highly recommended! One of my favourite games.

If this isn't the most worth bundle ever idk what is. And the fact all proceeds go to charity is nice.

Also Rambly are you reflecting yourself?

Edited by Avaro, 09 June 2020 - 03:59 PM.

#9 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 June 2020 - 05:49 PM

It has PICO-8, which is quite good. I made a P8 game. Really ought to do another. :P Very nice little game software.
Celeste was originally a P8 game, incidentally.

• ShadowTiger and Anthus like this

#10 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:40 AM

Also Rambly are you reflecting yourself?

what

#11 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:16 PM

It has PICO-8, which is quite good. I made a P8 game. Really ought to do another. :P Very nice little game software.
Celeste was originally a P8 game, incidentally.

That's awesome. I played it, but I can't get passed the second board yet. I did beat P8 Celeste though.

I went ahead and bought this a few days ago cause literally why not? I downloaded a good handful of games I wanted to check out, including Night in the Woods, the first Anodyne, Celeste, and Lenna's Inception, which was in another thread and looked neat. Haven't actually played any yet though, but I do own Celeste and beat it on Switch >.>

#12 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 17 June 2020 - 06:23 PM

The bundle is sadly over, it did end up raising a lot of money though!

unknown.png

On a related note, HumbleBundle just opened up a new bundle with the proceedings going to similar causes: Bundle here!
This one is a bit pricier to get the things in it, and has less stuff in it. There is very little overlap in the things in this bundle vs the other previous one though, so this one might interest others more!

• Matthew likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users