Zelda Antagonist vs Antagonist

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Battle depends on hype, and strength as a villain. The last part is Ganondorf again all of them, except in a 1v1.

Vaati vs Majora
Veran vs Nightmare
Onox vs Dark Link
Zant vs Ghirahim
Bellum vs Malladus

Ganondorf vs All, but 1v1.

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE(Zemious @ Jan 9 2012, 08:10 PM) View Post
Vaati vs Majora
Majora. Majora is a demon incarnate. Vaati is a wizard that takes the form of a giant eyeball. I didn't see Vaati drop any moons.
Veran vs Nightmare
Tough to say, but I pick Nightmare and its multiple forms.
Onox vs Dark Link
Again tough to say, but I think I'd pick Onox here.
Zant vs Ghirahim
Ghirahim without lifting a finger. Without Ganondorf, Zant is nothing. Ghirahim has several skills, such as shifting form, summoning daggers, teleportation, some sorcery (animating a boulder into Scaldera for instance), and is an accomplished swordsman, on top of being able to summon enemies at will. Zant's powers would be worthless against Ghirahim, and again, without Ganondorf, Zant is nothing.
Bellum vs Malladus
Malladus, probably. Seems like a somewhat even fight since we don't know much about either being. But Malladus likely has the upper hand here.
Ganondorf vs All, but 1v1.
This oughta be fun... Well, let's go.

Ganondorf vs. Vaati - Ganondorf is more powerful than Vaati, and in fact usurped him in canon anyway, so Ganondorf.

Ganondorf vs. Majora - Majora turns out to be somewhat weak in the final battle after all, though one could say this is because she had already exerted so much energy into the moon and the traps and the other monsters. In this form, Ganondorf would win. In pure form, there's no telling. If you give Majora and Ganon both their pure forms, I'd say it'd probably be fairly even.

Ganondorf vs. Veran - Can't really judge this, but for now, I'll default to Ganondorf, since Veran in the end was merely a pawn of Twinrova.

Ganondorf vs. Nightmare - Ganondorf. I can't imagine he'd be phased at all by Nightmare's shifting forms, and considering all of the forms are of underlings he used and his own strategies, he would know what to do and destroy Nightmare fairly simply.

Ganondorf vs. Onox - Same as Veran.

Ganondorf vs. Dark Link - An evil mirror of Link versus the foe Link never ceases to defeat? I think I'd probably give this fight to Ganondorf, since Link also triumphs over Dark Link pretty easily. And in writing this section I realize something else: Darkness could not defeat Ganon, only that with the ability to destroy evil. So some of these matchups might end up in stalemates. But Ganondorf would probably win this matchup.

Ganondorf vs. Zant - Ganondorf, simply because he's the source of Zant's power, and could take them away. Sure, Zant's Onmyoji bond thing was what killed Ganondorf, but that's beside the point; Ganondorf would easily utterly destroy Zant.

Ganondorf vs. Ghirahim - I'm inclined to say that Ghirahim would rather be a servant of Ganondorf, since Ganondorf is the reincarnation of Demise, Ghirahim's master. In a battle, though, Ghirahim might be pretty crafty, but I'd say Ganondorf would take the victory.

Ganondorf vs. Bellum - If the Phantom Sword is the only thing capable of destroying Bellum, this match might be a stalemate, unless Ganondorf goes out of his way to get a Phantom Sword forged. Which I could easily see happening. Without their respective weaknesses, though, I'd still say Ganondorf would take this match.

Ganondorf vs. Malladus - Both bosses require Light Arrows (sometimes Silver Arrows in Ganon's case) to stun and defeat. Well, Ganondorf not always, but he does require some kind of sacred weapon to be killed. Even in their ultimate forms, these two could likely never defeat each other without the other's respective weakness. This would be a stalemate, a battle that would never end, and now that I write about it, I would love to see this battle take place. It just sounds epic for some reason. (On a side note, I have a theory that Malladus may be another incarnation of Demise, since there are some similarities between him and Ganon, and Demise's prophecy was to reincarnate every time there was a Link and Zelda, so he would basically be Ganon's replacement in the Adult Timeline until he died.)

Ganondorf vs. Demise - ... just kidding. Although if the fight actually happened then I'd say Demise wins.

#3 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

When does Vaati battle Ganon?

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

They don't exactly battle, but in FSA, Vaati is nothing more than a pawn of Ganondorf, used to distract Link and buy Ganondorf enough time to find the Trident of Power.

#5 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

Usurped doesn't mean he had to battle him. Ganondorf sent the Shadow Link to force Link to draw the Four Sword, releasing Vaati again, just as a trap and a diversion.

#6 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

Vaati vs Majora: Good question! I'd actually pick Vaati because it takes the Four Sword to kill him. I didn't see four Links chase after Majora. But Majora has the fierce Diety up against him, but Majora don't even put up a fight against FD. FD was just a fun bonus. As for Majora summoning the moon, as scary as it would seem, there is no indication that Vaati would find this a threat, but is definitely would turn favors in Majora's hand. Didn't Vaati also absorb Zelda's Godly powers as well? I'm certain that counts for something.

Veran vs Nightmare: I'd say Nightmare if he were real. He's not Freddy Krugar, and we don't really know if he is capable of anything or even exists in the real world. So in conclusion the answer is Veran.

Onox vs Dark Link: Dark Link.... Link defeated Onox, so why couldn't Dark Link. I know that's a vague answer but we haven't explored Dark Link enough in the series to really decide this one.

Zant vs Ghirahim: I agree with the majority. What is Zant without Ganondorf's powers?

Bellum vs Malladus: I don't have clue... I never beat this game.

Ganon vs all: I'd say Ganon would beat them all even if they teamed up together, he is a product of the curse of demise blessed by the Gods. Obviously achieved much more than his ancestor ever did, and carries the Triforce of Power, and in the world of Zelda, there is no denying the power of the Triforce. There is no nightmare, warlock, dragon, plant, beast, demon, sword, etc, etc, etc, who can defeat one of the God's chosen. Just like the sages said, nobody knows how he became chosen by the Gods, call it a s***ty stroke of luck on Hyrule's fate, but Link and Zelda has to live with the fact that Demise's curse also carries the Triforce of Power.

#7 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:27 AM

Vaati vs Majora
Vaati.

QUOTE(NewJourneysFire @ Jan 10 2012, 10:18 PM) View Post

Vaati vs Majora: Good question! I'd actually pick Vaati because it takes the Four Sword to kill him. I didn't see four Links chase after Majora. But Majora has the fierce Diety up against him, but Majora don't even put up a fight against FD. FD was just a fun bonus. As for Majora summoning the moon, as scary as it would seem, there is no indication that Vaati would find this a threat, but is definitely would turn favors in Majora's hand. Didn't Vaati also absorb Zelda's Godly powers as well? I'm certain that counts for something.

Plus Vaati turned everyone to stone in MC remember. I'd say there's higher odds Vaati would turn Majora to stone, than the 72 hour wait for the moon to destroy Vaati. But I'm biased more towards Vaati, so dunno. I've always felt the Four Sword is as or possibly more powerful than the Master Sword as well, as it does seal both Vaati and Ganon in FSA.

Veran vs Nightmare
I guess Veran, there's really no way to figure this one out as Nightmare is in a dream..

Onox vs Dark Link
Onox. Dark Link isn't that strong from what I've seen as he's just created by someone else with Dark Magic.

Zant vs Ghirahim
I'd say a draw, tbh. From what I remember Zant could only be hurt with the Sol's power in the Twilight Realm, which could only be absorbed by the Master Sword, which I don't think Ghirahim would be able to wield. But, I'm not sure whether or not Ghirahim could be harmed by anything other than the Master Sword, which Zant wouldn't be able to use as well.

So, I'll go with.Zant. The Twili's old magic that Midna uses could probably be used in some way to defeat Ghirahim by Zant. If Zant is nothing without Ganondorf, I feel it's the same with Ghirahim being nothing without Demise.

Bellum vs Malladus
Some of the lamest bosses ever. I guess Malladus. Bellum was pretty lame...

Ganon vs all
I think it's obvious Ganon would win.. Kinda lame..

#8 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE(HylianGlaceon @ Jan 11 2012, 02:57 PM) View Post

I feel it's the same with Ghirahim being nothing without Demise.

Actually, I feel Ghirahim was a perfect villain with capability to cover the lands in darkness even without Demise. Unlike Zant who was used by Ganondorf selfish reasons (to escape).

Edited by Shane, 11 January 2012 - 12:39 AM.

#9 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

Who is the strongest in terms of hype? Who had the most potential as a villain? Excluding Ganon.

#10 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

It's a toss up.

Vaati: Because he is the only other villain other than Ganon and Dark Link that's been in more than one game.

Ghirahim: He had potential, but I don't see him going anywhere outside of Skyward Sword.

Majora: Same as Ghirahim.

#11 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE(Zemious @ Jan 13 2012, 03:21 AM) View Post

Who is the strongest in terms of hype? Who had the most potential as a villain? Excluding Ganon.

Ghirahim, regardless if he appeared in just one game or not. He proven himself as a high ranked person and doubts his enemies with no painful regrets.

#12 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE(Shane @ Jan 12 2012, 09:43 PM) View Post

Ghirahim, regardless if he appeared in just one game or not. He proven himself as a high ranked person and doubts his enemies with no painful regrets.

This. ↓
QUOTE(NewJourneysFire @ Jan 12 2012, 01:02 PM) View Post

It's a toss up.

Vaati: Because he is the only other villain other than Ganon and Dark Link that's been in more than one game.

Ghirahim: He had potential, but I don't see him going anywhere outside of Skyward Sword.

Majora: Same as Ghirahim.

#13 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE(Zemious @ Jan 13 2012, 06:10 PM) View Post

This. ↓

Then why ask for opinions? icon_aggravated.gif Why bother question if Vaati takes the win with the "This villain won't go outside X" excuse. I mean if you look at that perspective the answer if obviously and only going to be Vaati. Seriously? icon_unsettled.gif

Edited by Shane, 13 January 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#14 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

What can I say bra, Vaati is too strong. IPB Image

#15 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE(Zemious @ Jan 14 2012, 02:09 PM) View Post

What can I say bra, Vaati is too strong. IPB Image

He becomes a blind tool for Ganon, that's strong?

Edited by Shane, 13 January 2012 - 11:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users