Global

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#16 Demonlink

Demonlink

Experienced Quest Developer

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

Is there a way to make 2x3 doors with this script?

I got them working, let me explain to you. Check this image:

zelda003_zps34ed4e62.png

As you can see, to my left I got 2x2 doors and to the right I have 2x3 doors. To set them up, you must set the overhead combo and where Link walks combo to the Combo Type you decided that shall use this script. This way, when Link enters the screen, the door will act as an NES door. Now, since I don't have much time to explain, here is how you must set up the script according to the instruction.

(Script Combo) -> (Overhead combo)

(Script Combo) -> (Open door combo)

The top line is for the overhead combo used in doors, while the second line is for the open door one. I strongly suggest you use the script on 2x2 doors only, since if you use it for 2x3, you might get a visual bug like the door on the bottom right, it looks... weird. While if you use it on 2x2, it will look correct like the top left door. 

I hope you understood my explanation :D 

#17 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

Is there a way to make 2x3 doors with this script?

I got them working, let me explain to you. Check this image:

zelda003_zps34ed4e62.png

As you can see, to my left I got 2x2 doors and to the right I have 2x3 doors. To set them up, you must set the overhead combo and where Link walks combo to the Combo Type you decided that shall use this script. This way, when Link enters the screen, the door will act as an NES door. Now, since I don't have much time to explain, here is how you must set up the script according to the instruction.

(Script Combo) -> (Overhead combo)

(Script Combo) -> (Open door combo)

The top line is for the overhead combo used in doors, while the second line is for the open door one. I strongly suggest you use the script on 2x2 doors only, since if you use it for 2x3, you might get a visual bug like the door on the bottom right, it looks... weird. While if you use it on 2x2, it will look correct like the top left door. 

I hope you understood my explanation :D

I'm not completely sure I understand your explanation, but 2x3 doors are entirely possible. In fact, you can create doors of any rectangular size you'd like, provided one of the sides is touching the edge of the screen. To see an example of this, take a look at my example quest, screen 56. On the bottom-right I've created a 3x2 door (the door is two tiles wide and sticks out three tiles). I put Script 1 combos in all six positions, then covered them up with layers so Link would walk underneath them. I generally use layers in the place of overhead combos as they allow me more flexibility.

#18 Kyle

Kyle

Initiate

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

What does the script look like for those kind of doors? I'm using the New-New-First graphics.

Edited by KyleZCPure, 19 January 2014 - 06:57 PM.

#19 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

What does the script look like for those kind of doors? I'm using the New-New-First graphics.

You should be able to use this script with any types of doors. All you need to do is make sure the combo type for all combos that are part of the door are script 1.

As an aside, unless you have very large doors, you shouldn't need doors that are three combos wide. The doors that Demonlink posted are actually 2x1 (on the right wall). You can see that the opening to the door is only one tile wide - the edges are just wall decoration.

#20 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

Deleted

Edited by Zecora, 30 March 2014 - 12:29 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Global

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users