SotW Announcements & Post Contest Discussion

• Please log in to reply
1613 replies to this topic

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:35 PM

This thread will serve as a general update hub for Screenshot of the Week. Generally, I don't like creating individual topics for things, since it clutters the forum (and if you're perceptive, you'll notice that I do remove topics once they've served their purpose) so instead decided to simply group them all here. Feel free to post here, but remember to limit shot discussion to the appropriate threads. Now on to our two announcements:

1) There is a slight change in our SotW rules. There was a discussion last week about SotW image size limits, and so I have edited the SotW Rules to only allow shots that are less than 350 pixels horizontally. Since the standard size is 256 pixels, I feel this is lenient, not excessively large, and easy to remember. Obviously, to have the best shot at winning, 256 pixels is ideal.

2) There have been no shots submitted in the past week, so SotW 291 will not occur until next Sunday, May 16.

#2 Jupiter

Jupiter

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:36 AM

Submit shots peoples!

#3 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE(Jupiter @ May 10 2010, 04:36 PM) View Post

Submit shots peoples!

Well, since only one screen will suffice, are anybodys interested if I submit something? icon_shy.gif

#4 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:41 PM

Actually, that is incorrect. Minimum number of shots needed for us to start up a SotW, would be 3. It's not any sort of competition with just 1 shot, and I've tried the 2 shots thing in the past, and many people were frustrated with only 2 shots, and that's why 3 are needed. Really not sure where you got the idea where "one screen will suffice," but it's not how it is. Thanks.

#5 Jupiter

Jupiter

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

I've participated in about six competitions in a row--so I am taking this one off (plus, I'd risk having 3 shots in SotM), but, Cosmofeild, and anyone else, I say go for it!

3 may be a minimum, but there were like 7 submissions to Screen Rebirth...I would think more people would want to participate in SotW than SR...

#6 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

Well, SotW has been around for a much much longer amount of time, and to some people it's just getting to be the same old thing, while SR is a newer competition, so it seems to be a bit more appealing to people I guess. I wish both were busy all the time.

#7 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:08 PM

I submitted a shot, not much, but its something.

#8 cosmofield

cosmofield

Magical Girl

• Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE(Angeal @ May 10 2010, 11:41 PM) View Post

Really not sure where you got the idea where "one screen will suffice," but it's not how it is. Thanks.

Actually, I was thinking that I only needed to submit one, not counting other fellows. icon_biggrin.gif

But probably not, work seems to catch up with me, so I probably won't have time to make anything. icon_neutral.gif

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:37 PM

I submitted one, so that makes at least two. Hopefully we have a third shot in...

#10 TheFierceDeity

TheFierceDeity

• Members

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:51 AM

Is it open to anyone? I was kinda thinking of submitting one

Edit: Thanks Koh

Edited by TheFierceDeity, 18 May 2010 - 05:15 AM.

#11 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE(TheFierceDeity @ May 18 2010, 12:51 AM) View Post

Is it open to anyone? I was kinda thinking of submitting one

SotW is a board competition (as well as SR and MotM). Any member is free to participate. Just be sure to read the rules icon_wink.gif.

#12 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:50 PM

Announcement:

SotW will not occur this week because no submissions have been taken.

#13 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:47 PM

When's SotW gonna start back up? icon_neutral.gif If you need more shots, I'll submit one to get things going. It's been awhile.

#14 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:52 PM

We got enough shots this week. I'm kind of bummed out that we didn't get enough for three straight weeks, though. icon_frown.gif Activity fluctuates pretty randomly, I'm hoping that this is just a really dry period.

#15 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

Once again, no shots this week, so we'll postpone until next Sunday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users