Photo

Screenshot of the Week 253

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: ... (41 member(s) have cast votes)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

Actually on time?!? This is madness!

Radien
IPB Image
A waterfall at the southwestern river chasm. Where to go?

jimmyb
IPB Image
Cucco: "Link, is that a sword in my back, or are you just happy to see me?"

Migokalle
IPB Image
Hey Link! Is that what I think it is? Oh my god! - important plot element revealed! :O

Shiek
IPB Image
Something boring just to use TMC graphics.

#2 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

Tough choice. I love Radien's shot even though it has like no ground detail. I like the fact that it is clean looking. The lack of ground crap makes it look peaceful.

All the other shots are awesome as well, although... red hay? Really? icon_razz.gif

Migokalle - Robin your shot is great and I love the flags. Nice touch. Why would he get a random phoenix in front of the castle? Wouldn't someone just steal it, lol.

jimmyb - Nice!! Is that MM I see. Anyway, I think the palette doesn't match the original feel and there's a little too much on the ground. Also the bridge is too big. Other than that it's a great remake.

Sheik - I like the shot, except for the red roof, the water for being too dull, and the color loss on the log. The rest looks great. I don't like MC graphics much for a reason, but that doesn't stop it from being good.

Edited by LinkMystro, 26 April 2009 - 04:39 PM.

#3 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

Wow , its a very hard decision.
they are all great screens i must say.

1)Radien 9/10 - great shot , cant find any mistakes in this one. i just love the vibe.

2)Jimmyb 7/10 - Ummm the bridge on the lower left corner is kind of unappealing , the door on the top left corner doesnt fit the perspective of the tiles. Im guessing this a castle passageway?

3) Migokalle 8/10 - I ABsolutely love your new castle tiles Migo , i feel like stealing them =p great Shot love the vibe on the courtyard. Also what is that building on the left of link?

4) Shiek 8/10 - seems like you know how to use the minish cap graphics huh? Good Job icon_thumbsup.gif Also i wouldnt suggest in having that house the color red because there is no other red in the screen to match with that color. but other than the house great shot!

Conclusion - i nulled. cant seem to pick a winner in my eyes.

#4 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE(Christian @ Apr 26 2009, 03:38 PM) View Post

Im guessing this a castle passageway?

Well you guessed wrong icon_razz.gif I'm pretty sure it's Kafei's house from MM. icon_cool.gif Look a lot better if you see it that way icon_smile.gif

Edited by LinkMystro, 26 April 2009 - 04:42 PM.

#5 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:04 PM

Wow...really hard choice this week.

Radien: Relaxing shot, looks like something you'd expect to see in nature, and has a good flow to boot. *votes*

jimmyb:Looks nice, but I don't really like those passage tiles to the right of the screen. The screen reminds me that one back alley in MM.

Migokalle:I see Link still haven't killed the citizens of Hyrule and replaced them with better ones...nice castle tiles BTW.

Sheik:You seem to automatically know how to use a tileset the moment you lay eyes on it, dontcha? icon_razz.gif

My vote goes to Radien. Great shots this week, too.

#6 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:05 PM

Voted for Migokalle. Those new castle tiles look very nice.

Edited by Dawnlight, 26 April 2009 - 05:12 PM.

#7 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Apr 26 2009, 04:05 PM) View Post
Voted for Migokalle. Those new castle tiles from Linkus look very nice.

They're not from Linkus icon_frown.gif
I made them myself... Linkus' are totally different. These are 100% my own... they're not even the ones I edited from Linkus' ones. icon_razz.gif
Thanks though.

LinkMystro, who's saying he GETS the item here? He may just be using it icon_wink.gif

#8 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:42 PM

I voted for Radien. Simplicity for the win.

Also, jimmyb, stop remaking Majora's Mask icon_razz.gif

#9 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:15 PM

I voted for Migokalle, looks great! icon_thumbsup.gif
Other than that, I think all the other screens this week look pretty good too. icon_toast.gif

#10 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

Radien just cause its really nice.

#11 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

What a phenomemal selection this week! Stellar work all around.

Radien - 9/10
DoR as good as I ever see it, and you can expect the best from the father of it all. The waterfall is brilliant! While the ground detail isn't as detailed as some of the other shots, you actually do a wonderful job of making something simple look great. That is not common.

jimmyb - 8/10
Fantastic ground work. You really catch the details in that bridge, and the dirt path blends in with it perfectly.

Migokalle - 8/10
I am not sure what these graphics are, but I really like them. The floor and the grass transition well, and the castle is of fine craftsmanship. My only criticism is how the large and small tree don't go together as well as any other two things in the screen.

Shiek - 8/10
I actually like the details of the roof. A more earthtone red would have worked better, though, so that it wouldn't look too overpolished for what it represents. Ground details and trees are excellently done. The water is good, but not impressive.

On an easier week, any of these shots could have easily won. This looks more like a SotM competition.

#12 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

It is all good.

#13 Questwizard

Questwizard

The Moldorm Guy

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:42 AM

Hmm. It appears that my shot's missing here. I entered and even got a response. Odd. Anyway, here's my opinions:

Radien: I do agree that its lacking in ground detail, but yes, its an awesome shot. 8/10
jimmyb: The passage tiles on the right do look 'weird'. Other than that, its pretty nice. I'd give this a 7.5/10
Migokalle: Nice shot overall, but those black borders on the tower tops just don't fit in with the rest. Another 7.5/10
Shiek: The red on the roof is just far too distracting in my opinion. I think it needs toned down just. Also, the water seems a bit dull-colored. 7/10.

I voted for Radien here.

Also, I assume my shot will be in the next one then, since it seemed to have been misplaced for this one?

EDIT:
QUOTE(Ebola Zaire)
Alright, you're in for SotW 253.

Edited by Questwizard88, 27 April 2009 - 01:43 AM.

#14 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:04 AM

I like jimmyb's this time most. But if it should be clock town than the palette is wrong : \ Need to be more orange/brownish in my opinion. But I like it anyhow.

For the roof: Personally, I dislike that red, too, but the tileset wans't dealing with anything but blue or red for the roof. A golden orange-yellow colour would be way better but I take what I get. If that colour were in the palette I would've recoloured it, but that way...

#15 Miragos

Miragos

みょん

• Members

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:25 AM

Oh my god! All of this screenshots are so amazing!

Radien: 9/10
All of this new DoR-Tiles look awsome and its really nice seeing DoR making progress^^

jimmyb: 9(with al little "-")/10
Looks like this place in MM. Really nice,but why are you hitting this chicken^^

Migokalle: 9(with a little "+")/10
This one looks awsome icon_eek.gif . This new castle tiles looks amazing. And everything is so bright and
colorful... icon_thumbsup.gif

Shiek: 9/10
Your screenshot looks great with these Minish Cap Graphics, but I think it looks a little bit too normal,
there´s nothing special.But it´s really a good screenshot^^

This time Migokalle´s is the best icon_thumbsup.gif

Edited by Miragos, 27 April 2009 - 10:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users