Photo

Screenshot of the Week 138

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 138 (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 138

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 September 2006 - 02:46 PM

pikaguy900's screenshot was the only one that caught my eye. My votes goes to him.

#17 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 22 September 2006 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Sep 22 2006, 02:46 PM)
pikaguy900's screenshot was the only one that caught my eye.  My votes goes to him.

View Post

icon_xd.gif I think I'm going to faint. This is the very first time I've entered SotW, and I'm already winning? I thought no one would like my screenshot!

#18 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:55 PM

I didn't expect five entries this week, but yeah I would have voted for Pikaguy I think especialy for the subscreen.

Daiv had a nice title screen, but it didn't interest me very much (It's nice though).

I would have voted for me second because I love shots like that in that type of area.

Nothing special in Zeldafreak's shot.

Hero Link's is cool, but those statues lined up at the top and the mountain running along the side bother me.

#19 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:00 PM

pikaguy900 - I'm not personally a fan of the Metroid-style graphics due to their being based off 2D graphics rather than simulated 3D, which messes up the perspective. Despite that, this is the best shot here. Very nice fog and very nice textures on the gray walls.

Daiv - The "Zelda" text would be better off being straight. The characters in the bottom right hand corner look unusual. Also, the complexity of the wood clashes with the nearly classic-style of everything else.

Link75 - The waterfalls look strange. You can see dark blue water around where they stop, but that suddenly gets cut off by the boardering lighter blue water.

Zeldafreak - Move along, there's nothing to see here. Decent way of creating the hole graphics, though.

Hero Link - The transparant clouds in the top left hand corner look strange, as does how the grass near the right side of the screen is suddenly cut off by the statues. A bland, yet solid shot otherwise.

#20 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE(System Error @ Sep 22 2006, 06:00 PM)
pikaguy900 - I'm not personally a fan of the Metroid-style graphics due to their being based off 2D graphics rather than simulated 3D, which messes up the perspective. Despite that, this is the best shot here. Very nice fog and very nice textures on the gray walls.

View Post

You do know that I'm using Exate's MXL Tileset, right? Don't blame me for the graphics (except the ones in the subscreen- Mine).

#21 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:06 PM

Hmm. it seemed like I was winning 'til Everyone went nuts for pikaguy.(Though he deserves it.)

#22 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(Daiv @ Sep 22 2006, 07:06 PM)
Hmm. it seemed like I was winning 'til Everyone went nuts for pikaguy.(Though he deserves it.)

View Post

I'd deserve it even more if I had waited until I finished my subscreen! icon_lol.gif It looks better now.

#23 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:54 PM

I probably wouldve voted pikaguy, but since it was jpg I just voted for one of the other ones, cant remember which either icon_thumbsdown.gif

#24 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(.TakaM @ Sep 22 2006, 08:54 PM)
I probably wouldve voted pikaguy, but since it was jpg I just voted for one of the other ones, cant remember which either icon_thumbsdown.gif

View Post

I ant to say something, but I'd probably get warned for it, so I'll just say this:

That's not fair! Why are you voting against me just because ImageCave uploads all pictures as JPG? I can't change a thing, so deal with it. Augh, this is what I was afraid of! I wish someone wouldn't count his vote. That's not fair, not voting for someone because of the file type. There's nothing I can do about it, so deal with it.

Edit: oh yeah, I'm also really angry now, but I'm sure no one cares.

Edited by pikaguy900, 22 September 2006 - 09:01 PM.

#25 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:04 PM

Don't worry pikaguy900. You don't have to hold every vote with equal weight. As long as you are secure in knowing which votes are fair and which are not in your own mind (regardless of winning or losing), then you can be at peace.

QUOTE(.TakaM)
I probably wouldve voted pikaguy, but since it was jpg I just voted for one of the other ones, cant remember which either.

I am curious to know your reasons behind a file type mainly determining your vote. After all, a file type has absolutely nothing to do with raw talent. I am not trying to put down your vote. I am just curious in your reasoning.

#26 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:07 AM

I'd like to provide my constructive criticism and needless sarcasm into the comments, sometimes. icon_naughty.gif

pikaguy900 - well, I kinda doubted you at first, but from looking at your screenshot, I think you're able to handle Exate's MXL/MTPP tileset. I'll be looking forward to acting as your BETA tester when I am done with my signature quest and the 2.11 BETA improves a bit more. So, I may be downloading the next 2.11 after my quest is done. You got my vote.

Daiv - The sword on the cliff gives me that nostalgic Zelda 2 feeling. The moon looks nicely colored, but it looks like a moon that has Jupiter's patterns, no offense. The rest of the tiles seem a bit lacking, since it looks like this came from a Paint project.

Link75 - I like your idea of an overworld that isn't dull. But, maybe play with the rain tiles a bit, so it doesn't look like they're all coming down at once. Other than that, the rest is a good solid area.

Zeldafreak - Well, Ganon's really gotta stop stomping around in there. He's turned the floor into swiss cheese! It looks good, but basically you're showing us the Final Boss room of Zelda LttP, with a hole-y twist to it.

Hero Link - Hmm,... what can I say about this? Well, the statue's nice, although I've seen it before. I recognize many of the tiles from other tilesets. Basically like Link75's, with a winter theme to it.

#27 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(Daiv @ Sep 22 2006, 01:24 PM)
*Looks again* Hmm... You're right.
Oh well. The shot's a little dark and you don't get much of the link in that shot.
I couldn't tell icon_shrug.gif
Oh well.
Good luck me*I mean* Everybody.

View Post

How you can confuse DoR and PTUX? The set are really diffrent in many forms. icon_razz.gif

I voted Hero_Link, since he's is the only one that stands out of the rest.

#28 Linkman

Linkman

Magus

• Members

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:53 PM

Daiv all the way, and the zelda logo is supposed to be crooked! I know I beta test!

#29 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 September 2006 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE(pikaguy900 @ Sep 22 2006, 08:00 PM)
I ant to say something, but I'd probably get warned for it, so I'll just say this:
That's not fair! Why are you voting against me just because ImageCave uploads all pictures as JPG? I can't change a thing, so deal with it. Augh, this is what I was afraid of! I wish someone wouldn't count his vote. That's not fair, not voting for someone because of the file type. There's nothing I can do about it, so deal with it.
Edit: oh yeah, I'm also really angry now, but I'm sure no one cares.

View Post

use imageshack
QUOTE(Nathaniel @ Sep 22 2006, 08:04 PM)
Don't worry pikaguy900.  You don't have to hold every vote with equal weight.  As long as you are secure in knowing which votes are fair and which are not in your own mind (regardless of winning or losing), then you can be at peace.
QUOTE(.TakaM)
I probably wouldve voted pikaguy, but since it was jpg I just voted for one of the other ones, cant remember which either.
I am curious to know your reasons behind a file type mainly determining your vote. After all, a file type has absolutely nothing to do with raw talent. I am not trying to put down your vote. I am just curious in your reasoning.

View Post

and the reason I didnt vote pikaguy is because I cant clearly see how well everything is pixelled, it could be a big blurry mess in game, or it could have some nice subpixel selout and antialiasing, but with jpeg fucking everything up, who knows?

edit-
plus any artist should go to rediculous measures to upload their work as anything other than jpg under all circumstances.

Edited by .TakaM, 24 September 2006 - 12:31 AM.

#30 Nimono

Nimono

• Members

Posted 24 September 2006 - 03:48 PM

If you don't like the fact that my pictures are jpg, then don't look at them. If I tried uploading them as anything else, they'd look worse. Still, I guess it can't hurt to try another image hoster. If it only saves images as one file type, I'm not using it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users