Photo

Screenshot of the Week 495

NewJourneysFire joelmacool12 kurt91 DragonDePlatino

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 495 (75 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:47 AM

An Ocarina script has been a thing for quite some time, and scripted by many people. But what I'm talking about is the mapwork of the OoT demake, not the gameplay. ;)

Edited by Shane, 20 February 2015 - 05:48 AM.

#17 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:24 PM

An Ocarina script has been a thing for quite some time, and scripted by many people. But what I'm talking about is the mapwork of the OoT demake, not the gameplay. ;)

Don't forget Link riding his horse sprite:   Jump on and off a combo like a vehicle as it saves its place always within any given map area that it was last left from.

+ Summoning your ride with the whistle /or/ ocarina.

Actually it's not really 'a demake' in some peoples aspects as it is to lift the abilities: ZCmaker gives people the illusion it does not have when it actually does.'

Bring some the best scriptors into a project just to see how far an engines limits can ascend + even surpass.

(Still looking at that game called 'Eiyuu or something,' all makes me think when i see a dark-lit old-monked-out area screenshot like that also.)

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 20 February 2015 - 05:27 PM.

#18 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:57 PM

A week with no overworld forests?  I don't get to see this very often.  A nice change of gears to have once in a blue moon, no matter how good I think the screens turn out.

Joel - I sort of get it, and sort of not get it.  It might be neat as a gameplay sort of thing, assuming there is more to it than meets the eye, but graphically it's not exactly elegant.  The block tiles along the edges don't transition in any way with the wall tiles.  I know it's classic, but I'm sure a little creative mindedness could do something about that.

kurt - The walkable ground details are the best thing going for this screen.  Otherwise, it's rather dull.

DDP - I voted for this screen, which was a rather easy choice for me.  Without the caption, I would have some trouble describing what this screen is, but it's certainly really pleasing to the eyes.  You do well with shades of blue and green.  When I see a sidescroller, I love to see what people do with background details, and you did them very nicely.  Those bricks are perfect, and you pull off the dungeon combined with natural underground very well.

NJF - My second favorite screen.  It is a hot spot, as it's very clear that this part of such an adventure is a critical moment.  Very nice details throughout.

• DragonDePlatino likes this

#19 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:34 PM

I voted for NJF's.  I'm away form here for a week and I miss a chance to get DaviAwesome's Awesome® screenshot a chance at winning.  I thinks it's extra lame that I can't add a post to that thread after voting closed.

edit:  I'm surprised the volcanic shot got no love; it doesn't suck.  well, I guess that should have been my first clue....

Edited by trudatman, 20 February 2015 - 11:36 PM.

• David likes this

#20 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:36 AM

I voted for NJF's. I'm away form here for a week and I miss a chance to get DaviAwesome's Awesome® screenshot a chance at winning. I thinks it's extra lame that I can't add a post to that thread after voting closed.

edit: I'm surprised the volcanic shot got no love; it doesn't suck. well, I guess that should have been my first clue....

Well, Link is missing from that one screenshot + no enemies. (The sky does not match at least with the dull clouds filling it.)

image2.jpg
^background sorta likes this*  behind the Lava would have possibly wons if it had some catchy factory pipes and something zelda-ish like thats besides the Ocarina of time hybrid-like sword Alter shot which i've seen before in some various quests very similar looking.

But then again, .. people's voting tastes here can be a bit predictable, so even trying something new is always risky to the norm of what people are used to voting for.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 21 February 2015 - 02:40 AM.

#21 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:09 PM

With 71.64% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 495 is NewJourneysFire!

NewJourneysFire.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- joelmacool12 (1 votes [1.49%])

- kurt91 (0 votes [0.00%])
- DragonDePlatino (18 votes [26.87%])
- NewJourneysFire (48 votes [71.64%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NewJourneysFire, joelmacool12, kurt91, DragonDePlatino

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users