Photo

Screenshot of the Week 442

PrinceMSC joelmacool12 EddyTheOliveira Demonlink Avataro

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 442 (75 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:32 AM

I voted for Avataro because I like what he is going for with his dungeon shot and his design works. Makes me wonder how the dungeon is going to play out.

PrinceMSC's shot is way overrated IMO. The only thing it has over all of the others is the admittedly mindblowingly awesome tileset, which isn't enough to make it stand out above Avataro's for me. :shrug:. I still liked the shot, so keep up the good work.

Edited by Orithan, 10 February 2014 - 04:43 AM.

• Avaro, Jenny and Arekuzii831 like this

#17 sutibu

sutibu

Initiate

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:13 AM

PrinceMSC's by far. This is one of the best screenshots I've ever seen on here. The palette is fantastic and so vibrant. It makes me want to play it so bad. There were some other great shots this week, so I just want to mention that the other people who entered also did a great job.

Just a couple of things since they came up. I think the "open corners" thing is a bit overrated. While I agree that for the most part all corners should be filled, I think when used correctly, leaving corners open can be effective in screen design. Since this one was a desert screen, having open corners gives the feeling of openness and sparseness that a desert brings to mind.

Also I think with regards to the amazing tileset used for PrinceMSC's shot, since (I assume) that it's his original work that it should be taken into account. But that could just be me. We're all entitled to our opinions I guess.

Great shots everyone and nice SOTW.

#18 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

...You should release a tileset!

All in good time my friend. 

Does this quest have any playable demos?

Though it is playable, I have no plans to release a demo.

But on the other hand, there will be a beta once the quest is completed for the members who have shown interest.  ;) 

Everyone has very well-built screens. I'm loving the way all of them look. But my vote is going to PrinceMSC. Though everyone here had good screen design, PrinceMSC's shot stood out to me the most. I think it was the subscreen, or a combination of that with the beautiful, vibrant colors of his tileset, but whatever it is, that screen munched on most of my attention. Good job!

Also, what tileset is that, PrinceMSC?

The tileset that I am using is a tileset that I’ve created off and on over the last few years. The name of the tileset will be known as the 9 Phantoms set, hence the name of the quest being built with it.

Also, I would like to thank you guys for the kind words. It really does mean a lot to me. It makes me feel like my hard work and efforts are appreciated. You can certainly expect to see more of 9 Phantoms in the coming months. Heck, maybe I’ll submit another screenshot next week. 

• nicklegends, The Satellite, Avaro and 3 others like this

#19 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

Ack, PrinceMSC is wrecking this competition!

Ah well, it's amazingly designed and it looks so beautiful, no surprise if the shot wins :D

• coolgamer012345 likes this

#20 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

Also, I would like to thank you guys for the kind words. It really does mean a lot to me. It makes me feel like my hard work and efforts are appreciated. You can certainly expect to see more of 9 Phantoms in the coming months. Heck, maybe I’ll submit another screenshot next week. 

I'm trying to picture a world in which you submit every week, and I can't decide whether it would lead to more competition or less. :XD:
  • PrinceMSC and coolgamer012345 like this

#21 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

I'm trying to picture a world in which you submit every week, and I can't decide whether it would lead to more competition or less. :XD:

Haha and what a world it would be. 

#22 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

Prince MSC, you've made me do what I thought I never would. I voted for that tileset.

Generally, I dislike non 8-bit tilesets (No idea why), with the exception of DoR and aLttP (and maybe Minish Cap, though that's a stretch). Frankly, that's one of my least favourite tilesets. However, your shot looks really quite nice. For some reason it reminds of Pokémon ranger. Not sure why that is.

In second, I probably have to put Avataro (though that has another Non 8-bit tileset). No idea about the rest of them though. They're all good.

Edited by klop422, 10 February 2014 - 03:25 PM.

#23 DaLink

DaLink

These are my work clothes.

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

The tileset that I am using is a tileset that I’ve created off and on over the last few years. The name of the tileset will be known as the 9 Phantoms set, hence the name of the quest being built with it.

Well, you should give some people a chance since your screenshots basically destroy the competition.

Edited by DaLink, 10 February 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#24 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

Well, you should give some people a chance since your screenshots basically destroy the competition.

I do not see the point of this. I also disagree with it, but this here probably is not the place to debate this issue (which is an issue of attitude, I am afraid, and thusly potentially emotionally charged in a manner about which the consens seems to be that this community is not capable of handling it; which I of course disagree with as well).

• Demonlink likes this

#25 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

I vote for Demonlink's screenie!  Loving that animated sandstorm and the desert.  :3

#26 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

It's fair game for everybody. You don't want to have "jelly"fish inside you. But seriously, it's all for the fun and not the wins. ;)

• Demonlink likes this

#27 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

It's fair game for everybody. You don't want to have "jelly"fish inside you. But seriously, it's all for the fun and not the wins. ;)

Oh it's not? Darn. XD

#28 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

DemonLink's pallet is fantastic! It looks so real. Good job! (vote)

Everybody else's are good too. Good turn out this week.

-Strike

#29 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

Let me tell you something, this is a fair contest. All other contests in the past have been fair too. From joke shots to fancy tileset shots. You know what isn't fair? Criticizing people's opinions and calling someone's work overrated because people like it. There is nothing in the world that will be more unfair than biased remarks against things that are so trivial it's almost impossible to get mad over. And yet, people still do.

Although my opinion is that Avataro has presented the best shot this week, Prince did a wonderful job with the tileset and made a very pleasing screen. Because it has 40+ votes doesn't make it bad. Just saying. ;)

TL:DR - We are all here to have fun. Whether entering, voting or simply watching. No one likes people trying to take away the fun.

Edited by Charizard, 12 February 2014 - 10:14 PM.

• Haylee and Jared like this

#30 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

With 77.27% of the vote (holy shit), the winner of Screenshot of the Week 442 is PrinceMSC!

PrinceMSC.png

Congratulations!

• Demonlink likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PrinceMSC, joelmacool12, EddyTheOliveira, Demonlink, Avataro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users