Photo

Screenshot of the Week 102

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Ready? Vote! (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Ready? Vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:25 AM

background tiles are a little wierd. 1st

That's cause the PureSet reallly doesn't have a good background item. =/

#17 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE(.TakaM @ Oct 19 2005, 05:50 AM)
ZCNinja: awful custom tiles and terrible sprites  icon_confused.gif I really cannot see how this one is winning icon_blink.gif  icon_eek.gif

Are you joking? This must be some form of a joke challenge!
I voted for ZC-Ninja. Great custom tiles and sprites.

I didn't vote for Dart Zaidyer because I don't think it's fair to everybody else to use 2.11 shots in SOTW. icon_confused.gif

#18 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:03 PM

Did anyone notice!?!?!?! In Darthie's screenie, the Link tiles are bigger than ours! its the LttP link!

#19 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:29 PM

I spy palette cycling!

BH4's was nice and suspiciously like ALTTP, but I had to hand my vote over to ZC Ninja for his nice custom tiles, creative sprites, and overall palette. The effort is easily apparent in your picture, ZC Ninja, so you deserve to win. icon_smile.gif

#20 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:58 PM

Shoelance gets my shot.

Although, they were all good and hard to choose from, I like the origanality an an animated image but I think that the blink effect is a repetitive, why not make it more of an aura? (I also can tell you synchronize the rain in perfect rain)

#21 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:09 PM

Did anyone notice!?!?!?! In Darthie's screenie, the Link tiles are bigger than ours! its the LttP link!

Duh, its called 2.11...

Okay, .TakeM, were do you get off randomly insulting some members that have way more expierance than you? You really have no right to pass judgement unless you can do better. That was mainly directed towards your comment to ZC-Ninja... Can you draw something better? If not, you have no right to call it horrible...

Anyway, I null'd. I like Dark Emperor's, and ZC-Ninja's... Though DE, you could use a little more gradiance in you MC cliffs icon_wink.gif

#22 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(.TakaM @ Oct 19 2005, 01:50 AM)

ZCNinja: awful custom tiles and terrible sprites  icon_confused.gif I really cannot see how this one is winning icon_blink.gif  icon_eek.gif

Ow... well, Ill be looking for youre Zelda Classic Work. Im gonna guess youre new to Zquest arent you?

Shoelace: Is that king custom? I dont recall seeing him in the pure set.

Edited by ZC-Ninja, 19 October 2005 - 10:15 PM.

#23 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE(Rex Zemenheart @ Oct 19 2005, 09:09 PM)

Duh, its called 2.11...

Okay, .TakeM, were do you get off randomly insulting some members that have way more expierance than you? You really have no right to pass judgement unless you can do better. That was mainly directed towards your comment to ZC-Ninja... Can you draw something better? If not, you have no right to call it horrible...

Anyway, I null'd. I like Dark Emperor's, and ZC-Ninja's... Though DE, you could use a little more gradiance in you MC cliffs icon_wink.gif

ROFLMFAO!!!!!
look pal, I understand you are saying I suck at graphics just to try and get your point across, but it doesnt help you at all when youre avatar was made by me!!! ROFL!!!!!!!
user posted image omg look at that, the original :O
now, that is really one of my worse sprites and it is very old.
now, for my more 'recent - better than anything you'll ever achieve - sprites and tiles':
user posted image(everything custom) you can deny my skill all you want, but I get paid off my work -edited-

now, getting to the real deal - my opinion disrespected;
firstly, I will show exactly how i am right, heres the image for reference:
user posted image
take note of the terrible looking ghost sprites, the lack of anti aliasing is just terrible. and certainly some nicer colours and overall lines (the entire sprite really) could be a lot better
the bush sprites have fallen victom to the n00b disease known as 'pillow shading' actually.. nearly every tile has fallen victom to pillow shading, its not good it doesnt look good, it wont get you anywhere professionally.
the water tiles are an espescially good example of terrible shading. it doesnt look like water, it looks like some kind of jelly thing. that isnt how water looks to be put simply.
the bridge- the lack of anti aliasing is terrible and that the ropes holding it up illogically go up and down pixels seemingly at random interals, it isnt drawn how a rope and wood bridge should look.
and the link sprite. the best link sprites are the official ones, straying from the real link sprites loses the zelda feel. I dont know whats going on, say this might be a cutscene, it looks like link is about to vomit or something (disgusted at the pillow shading or the fact that the almighty takam that graces these forums only to offer advice has had his opinion disrespected- I dont know)

I really am sorry for this ZCninja, and if you like I will offer you help and my services to improve your graphics. the disrespect in this post is really directed at the few that assume I dotn know what Im talking about
once again, I am sorry ZCninja, I arent that active here and havent been following your game, Im sure the gameplay will make up for the somewhat lacking graphics.

Edited by .TakaM, 20 October 2005 - 02:37 AM.

#24 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:08 AM

.TakaM, Zelda Classic as a program is limited. To start, you made plenty of references to anti-aliasing, which really isn't possible under such a program because you can only have about 45 unique colors total per screen in background tiles. If people could make a screen like you with the program pixel for pixel, they would, rest assured.

As a result, I find your Animal Crossing picture an invalid comparison, but I really don't mean to sound too harsh here. It's just... you're comparing a professionally designed screen from a program that can do much more than Zelda Classic with ZC itself.

That's all. icon_neutral.gif

#25 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:26 AM

yes I know its not the same sort of limitations I was just showing I am quite skilled.
and dont give me that people cant make their games look amazing, raidens game has thoroughly wowed me, his sprites and tiles are excellent

#26 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE(.TakaM @ Oct 19 2005, 10:55 PM)
ROFLMFAO!!!!!
look dumbass, I understand you are saying I suck at graphics just to try and get your point across, but it doesnt help you at all when youre avatar was made by me!!! ROFL!!!!!!!

alright, enough. you have great skill in graphics, there's no question about that. and you do get paid for your work, which is also admirable, but that does not give you the right to flame other members, or bash their work. just because somone isn't as good as you, dosen't mean you can make rude comments. try giving tips and hints about how to make their graphics better

#27 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:37 AM

Im sorry, I'll edit my post

#28 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:49 PM

I will show exactly how i am right

Spritework is subjective, it's a matter of opinion, you can point out flaws in any piece of work. I could do it to yours, you could do it to mine, but it doesn't get you anywhere becuase it's a personal opinion, not fact.

SotW is a friendly competition, it was stopped for a month because numerous people were making statements like yours. If you don't like a shot, that's okay, but try to keep it civilized. We don't go to your building and call your work crap, so please don't do it to us.

As for the competition at hand, I voted for Shoelace. I think it looks pretty nice, though the King has some funky colors.

#29 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:08 PM

yes yes, I didnt want to get into the facts that formed my opinion. thats why my first post was rather vague. it wont happen again

I apologise once more

#30 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:02 PM

I did not say you suck, I simply said that you should not call it horrible unless you can do better...

Which I can see that you can, but still, you don't need to say that it sucks, instead you coulf offer him help and stuff (as you did)...

It's funny because I was thinking, "What if he can do better..." You can, so okay...

And you act like I took credit for your Deku Tree... I copied the image from this OoT 2D site...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users