64 replies to this topic

#16 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:28 PM

I can't it crashed

(2.50 build 24)

Ek. The first thing to do, is get off of a version that is three versions old.

Download 2.50.3 RC1. ZQuest should run flawlessly for you.

#17 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:50 PM

Still, it's worth noting that the program occasionally misbehaves for no apparent reason. Yesterday it was crashing non-stop - opening the item editor, trying to edit a combo, opening the combo window, opening the string editor, and editing init data were all guaranteed crashes. Today, not a single hitch, and I've used nearly every feature. It's exceptionally rare, and a reboot often fixes it, even if I didn't have any other programs open anyway. (And, to that extent, it's possible other programs may be interfering, so try working without any other things open and see if it runs better like that.)

But yes, be sure to use the latest version before worrying about anything else.

#18 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:49 PM

Ek. The first thing to do, is get off of a version that is three versions old.

Download 2.50.3 RC1. ZQuest should run flawlessly for you.

Why does know one tell me about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#19 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:48 PM

Still, it's worth noting that the program occasionally misbehaves for no apparent reason. Yesterday it was crashing non-stop - opening the item editor, trying to edit a combo, opening the combo window, opening the string editor, and editing init data were all guaranteed crashes. Today, not a single hitch, and I've used nearly every feature. It's exceptionally rare, and a reboot often fixes it, even if I didn't have any other programs open anyway. (And, to that extent, it's possible other programs may be interfering, so try working without any other things open and see if it runs better like that.)

But yes, be sure to use the latest version before worrying about anything else.

Lut, I don't see any other posts from you on this subject. Likewise, please report your OS, OS Version, and the version of ZC/ZQuest that you are using. Is this also on OSX, like David?

#20 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:11 AM

Lut, I don't see any other posts from you on this subject. Likewise, please report your OS, OS Version, and the version of ZC/ZQuest that you are using. Is this also on OSX, like David?

Well that's because it rarely happens like that. I can't ever recreate the mega-crash environment, and if a reboot fixes it anyway, it's likely not ZQ in the first place.

But if you want, I've got Windows XP SP3 all available windows updates installed (except useless stuff like .net or IE7+), ZQ 2.50.2 official release.

I just don't have anything other to say than "it was crashing and I rebooted and it worked again," which doesn't seem particularly useful as a report.

#21 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:38 AM

Well that's because it rarely happens like that. I can't ever recreate the mega-crash environment, and if a reboot fixes it anyway, it's likely not ZQ in the first place.

But if you want, I've got Windows XP SP3 all available windows updates installed (except useless stuff like .net or IE7+), ZQ 2.50.2 official release.

I just don't have anything other to say than "it was crashing and I rebooted and it worked again," which doesn't seem particularly useful as a report.

When this does happen, is there any particular feature that you tend to be using; and is it primarily when ZQuest has been running for a while?

#22 agentmojo

agentmojo

• Members

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:30 PM

I'm having a problem with ZC 2.50.  I am running Windows 7 64-bit.  The problem is with my Buffalo Classic USB Gamepad.  I have my buttons mapped in the Settings menu.  The problem is every time I hit Start to bring up the Game Menu, the item that I assigned to A is switched.  The B item is left alone and can be switched with the L/R buttons.  What is going on?  Is there some way I can force the game to not do this?  Thanks!

#23 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:34 PM

I'm having a problem with ZC 2.50.  I am running Windows 7 64-bit.  The problem is with my Buffalo Classic USB Gamepad.  I have my buttons mapped in the Settings menu.  The problem is every time I hit Start to bring up the Game Menu, the item that I assigned to A is switched.  The B item is left alone and can be switched with the L/R buttons.  What is going on?  Is there some way I can force the game to not do this?  Thanks!

​Chances are you have Ex1 or Ex2 mapped to the start button.

#24 agentmojo

agentmojo

• Members

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:54 PM

​Chances are you have Ex1 or Ex2 mapped to the start button.

Oops!  I had never thought of that.  I'll give it a try.  Thanks!

#25 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:36 AM

Found a tile editor bug in 2.50.3 RC1.

YUWRkoE.png

Swiping off the edge sometimes draws a pixel on the other edge of the window where the green line is. It's a bit hard to reproduce but zig-zagging the cursor along the right edge should make it happen eventually. I tested and it does happen in 2.50.2 as well, although seemingly less frequently. May just be in my head.

• Deedee likes this

#26 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:57 AM

Found a tile editor bug in 2.50.3 RC1.

YUWRkoE.png

Swiping off the edge sometimes draws a pixel on the other edge of the window where the green line is. It's a bit hard to reproduce but zig-zagging the cursor along the right edge should make it happen eventually. I tested and it does happen in 2.50.2 as well, although seemingly less frequently. May just be in my head.

Oh, I've had that bug happen in the past. Never could get it to reproduce on command though.

#27 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:40 AM

No idea if this was fixed or not, I'm using 2.50.2 still.

It's possible to use the hookshot through a 1 tile tall solid wall upwards if you stand exactly 4 pixels (i believe) away from the wall.

Don't even know if this has always been the case.

Edited by Avataro, 08 March 2017 - 09:41 AM.

• strike likes this

#28 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:04 AM

Reposting from here, since it has been brought to my attention that this is a bug instead of a weird Z1 backwards compatible feature:

http://www.purezc.ne...551#entry990165

Thought I would post it here due to the fact that several people are working on tilesets ATM.

It has come to my attention that the Big Triforce item interacts with CSet 9 in a way that is not really well known and may cause a lot of issues for those who use it..

Collecting the Big Triforce item (or any Triforce Item with the cutscene type set to 0 in the item editor) causes the Ganon dying Sprite Palette to be loaded into CSet 9 on for the palette (not DMap or level, but the palette the DMap uses) for the rest of the quest until you die or use F6->Continue, which may produce unintended effects for those who use the Big Triforce in place of the small Triforce piece in their quests.

#29 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:53 AM

Some random things that are mostly no bugs. Windows 7 64 bit. Version 2.50 Build 29

- pound combos ignore charged hammer attacks

- walking into a direct warp with the sword charged/hurricane spin results in the sword sprite being stuck in place

- non-sensetive step and warp-combos can be avoided through walking over them through the upper half

- undoing a recoloring undoes all previous recolorings and the last normal tile edit I did.

After playing for some time ZC ignores my keyboard (like the controls still work, but if I want to enter a cheat nothing happens). I had this problem also with another game. Sometimes if I close ZC or ZQuest the windows closes but the symbol remains in the taskbar and I have to force the program to stop. And if I unzip the ZC-file and start ZC for the first time it always freezes (I close it by force), but afterwards it works just fine.

• Alucard648 likes this

#30 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:00 AM

- non-sensetive step and warp-combos can be avoided through walking over them through the upper half

That's really the nature of them though. The sensitive option was added so that you could decide whether to have that original Z1 behavior (walk across upper half) or have the new behavior where the entire tile activates when you step across the upper half.

What I think should be added are sensitive options for all step combos (step -> next and other warps) instead of only step -> secrets and only one warp option. Having step -> secrets with a sensitive option, but not step -> next, is probably the first thing that should be added for consistency. It would also be nice to have step -> next options available for screen state carryovers, but that's another point entirely.

- undoing a recoloring undoes all previous recolorings and the last normal tile edit I did.

This seems to have been fixed in the 2.50.3 RC1 package.

I haven't used it extensively, but I just tried copying a tile then undoing a recolor, then editing a tile and undoing a recolor, and both worked fine.

Maybe other things may cause it, but for now, it seems to be taken care of.

On the other hand, pressing M to make tile(s) into combos after doing copy/pastes or edits still does strange things, the extent of which I should probably experiment with.

But for recolors in 2.50.2, I just copy a stray tile, so that when I hit undo, only the copied tile disappears and everything else stays the same. And if I don't have to undo the recolor, then I just delete the copied stray tile and move on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZC, Bug, Reports, Audio, MIDI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users