• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:41 AM

Heyho :)

I remember that there is a way to duplicate message strings in the message string editor. But I can't remember, how to do that.

Maybe this isn't a function anymore in build 2.50.3 RC1?

The problem is that I need this function. Otherwise I have to set "String font" and the "Attributes" for every message string by hand. And I'm working on a very textbased quest, so that will took hours of my life...

Edit:

I think, there was a "duplicate"-button in there editor. Now there is only an "Add new here"-button. Did they really change that???

Edit2:

Nevermind. I found out about the template-function. That will do the job as good as the duplicate function.

Edited by Rastael, 08 November 2017 - 08:49 AM.

• judasrising likes this

#2 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:14 AM

Yeah, I replaced the duplicate button with the template functionality because that's almost always what you really want... But maybe I should've added copy and paste to the right-click menu, just in case.
  • Rastael likes this

#3 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:17 PM

Yeah, I replaced the duplicate button with the template functionality because that's almost always what you really want... But maybe I should've added copy and paste to the right-click menu, just in case.

You can also highlight a message by clicking on it, Press C; then move to another message and press V to copy that exact message in the same format. Useful for making things like item messages.

• Rastael likes this

#4 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:40 PM

@ywkls:

Oh, I didn't know that, thank you. :D

@Saffith:

The template function works fine for me, the way it is. :)

Edited by Rastael, 09 November 2017 - 12:41 PM.

• ywkls likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users