Link's Rise 2 ~ The Re.. Uh.. Re-Rise!

Mr.ReDead

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 salvidienus

salvidienus

• Members

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:25 PM

I seem to be stuck in the Rock Top Temple as I need arrows to proceed and all I have is a bow that won't shoot? Unless I need a candle to move beyond that block with a circle in it, which I have also been unable to find. 

MxR4dyk.png

#2 salvidienus

salvidienus

• Members

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

Here is the room with the quiver which I need to shoot arrows...but it is blocked again by a block which I apparently need to shoot an arrow at?

OzP3MAl.png

#3 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:04 PM

I quit playing because I got stuck at the same spot you are - maybe Mr. Redead didn't test his quest??

#4 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:25 AM

Oh, this finally came out? Nice.

So if I remember correctly from the demo I played a few months ago (and assuming nothing's changed), the Arrow item is also in the same room as the Bow. You kill the blue darknut, get the Bow as the main room item, but then you can also press a block on the left side of the screen to open an item chamber with the Arrow. You should have an introductory arrow-carrying capacity of 10 before you pick up the Quiver, so it being behind an arrow-block is an indicator, not an oversight.

• Shane and salvidienus like this

#5 salvidienus

salvidienus

• Members

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:20 AM

Thanks I found the arrow there. I didn't check all the blocks because I assumed only one item would be find in any given room. 

Oh, this finally came out? Nice.

So if I remember correctly from the demo I played a few months ago (and assuming nothing's changed), the Arrow item is also in the same room as the Bow. You kill the blue darknut, get the Bow as the main room item, but then you can also press a block on the left side of the screen to open an item chamber with the Arrow. You should have an introductory arrow-carrying capacity of 10 before you pick up the Quiver, so it being behind an arrow-block is an indicator, not an oversight.

#6 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

Please help me find Level 3.

Thanks

Nevermind...found what I need 30 seconds after posting.  Isn't it always the way.

Edited by Gendof, 15 January 2019 - 01:24 PM.

#7 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

I don't recall if the levels had numbers, and I might have done some out of order, but did you go to the ones at the top west and bottom west of the overworld?

If not, there's a raft dock on the south center of the overworld, below the grassy forest and the green dungeon. It has a raft branch path, where if you hold right, it takes you to a heart container, and if you hold left, it takes you to a cave. The cave then has two more exits. The lower one takes you to the ocean dungeon, and the upper one takes you to the one pictured in the screenshots above.

And OK, consider yourself neverminded :P (Now just for future reference!)

Edited by Lüt, 15 January 2019 - 01:28 PM.

#8 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:39 PM

Hi!  I'm a little stuck.  I finished 3 dungeons (mostly.  There are a couple rooms in two of them I can't seem to find.)  I have the bow/arrow, the hookshot, the boomerang, raft, ladder, and the blue candle and I actually stumbled on the hammer only because I got a lucky freeze-timer and was able to walk across some spikes that I otherwise shouldn't have been able to.

I can't find the next level.  I feel like I need either the flippers or the flute and I can't find either one.

The three dungeons I found were Dead Tree, Flooded, and Rock Top.

#9 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:46 PM

I feel like I need either the flippers or the flute and I can't find either one.

That would be accurate.

If you cycle through the 3-stair warp paths, one should take you to the bottom-right side of the southern overworld. Use the short Hookshot to cross a small line of spikes to a raft dock. There's a branching raft path, and the upward route takes you to the Flippers. However, you'll need to super-bomb the entrance open, and the bomb shop is hidden by one of the docks.

Admittedly, I also found the Hammer early by doing a similar thing. If you have the Spin Scroll, you can hold your sword out while facing away from the spikes. Then when you step on them, you get knocked further into them instead of back from them. Turn around and walk toward the other grab post. You'll have to take another 2 hits before you can reach it, so you'll need 7 or more hearts to pull it off, but you can use the Hookshot from there and cut ahead like that.

I actually did that to get to the graveyard segment in the northern overworld, which is where I found the other super-bomb shop, so for a while I really wasn't sure what the "proper" progression was, and Flippers ended up being one of the last items I got. But it seems you're supposed to get them after those first 3 dungeons, so there you go.

#10 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:30 PM

Thanks. That's exactly what I thought but I have yet to find the super bombs, unfortunately.

#11 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

Should be a bombable rock wall above the first raft dock. When you come out of the 3-stair warp and hookshot across the short row of spikes, the next screen over'll have it.

#12 Triple Factorial

Triple Factorial

• Members

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:10 PM

I already am aware of the random numbers that tend to replace your HP with strange damage amounts when wearing the Red/Gold Rings in the classic tileset; I dont know how to fix this yet.

Those "random numbers" are fractions of a heart that aren't exact quarters, in sixteenths. It should be in Quest -> Graphics -> Tiles, page 100 on a default tileset; though you'll have to edit them manually if you want to fill those in.

• Mr.ReDead likes this

#13 soxfan2k4

soxfan2k4

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:12 AM

Rise2_zpslcrz2tjw.jpg

I cant find my way to the lower right corner to even attempt to find the superbomb shop.  I have found the warp spots at E4, E5, and F8.  They all seem to lead to each other.  Unless there is a fourth one I'm not seeing

#14 derby77

derby77

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:45 AM

I looked everywhere in the forest, but can't find shop with candle. Also wasn't able to get in room next to boss room in first level,did I miss something?

Nvm, I found it, but I guess nobody checks this forum, as I posted this 4 days ago and no answer. Was about to move on to another quest, but explored more and found it.

Edited by derby77, 10 March 2019 - 05:17 PM.

#15 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:42 PM

Is there a blue ring I can get anywhere after the Flippers? Feels a bit strange to have the White Sword given so early but no sign of a defence upgrade anywhere after 3 dungeons in or so. Maybe it's an intentional choice, but I wanna be sure I didn't miss anything lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mr.ReDead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users