Hmm, the nonsense I thought up but could never make myself. Since I don't follow the item-contest, most likely nothing new.
Magnetic boots (earth, electro?)
- more complicated version: if you jump at certain places with these boots obtained you are pulled up and walk on the cyling (link seen from below with his shoes upwards). While you become invulnerable to "ground" enemies there are also a few that can only be fight there. Sounds rather complicated to me and might look pretty dumb. Based on SS I think?
- easy version: you can run on certain walls, depending on the wall the sprite is flipped to reflect this. Opens up new pathes.
Ice arrows/wand/whatever (water)
- activates split on hit on enemies (no other hits split them, look alike but no movement and frozen palette), interesting for some battle strategies.
- fake-zora-shooters that turn into a swimming platform if hit by this item like in MM.
- wind temple, slows you down, protects you from wind effect. combined with hookshot pulls thing to you.
- lets you walk on watergrounds if dived with them. time-limit for air.
- rush down if used in mid-air (feather) and works like a hammer)
Whirlwind bait (wind)
- pulls enemies or certain items of them in. Has also an effect on Link but can be ignored with iron-boots.
Light candle (electro -> earth?)
- the screen turns white for a short moment and nearby enemies are stunned.
- in dark rooms after turning white it goes slowly dark again, rooms include station where you can charge and use the candle, not needed for better version of it.
- activates statues, some only through a direct hit, multiple levels in a big dungeon (though could be very well replaced with a sword and sword beams)
- maybe upgraded to the one in the database that can use
Cane of Byrna/Boots/flippers (wind)
- enables you to walk on water or air
- maybe really just flippers with a flying sprite (thought about doing this with marple on her broom), but not sure what to do with the dive
- byrna as activateable weapon during these areas?
- based on the element fairys OoS
- statues as raft-docks you can only enter from below
- you are moved up a bit and change than to a glowing light and move around like with the rafts. uses things like solid steps you can move over with the raft.
massive hammer (~earth? or to break ice)
- charged hits finally also effect pound-next
- can be temporary obtained in a certain spot to get to a certain area
- grounds, areas that can be broken up with a charged hit (useful for a riddle like the eagle tower in some way)
true feather (wind)
- based on the scripts to jump over stuff, but while you are on a solid and jumpable combo you can walk on these.
- If you leave them you move slightly down and make a drop sound
- places where you "fall down a few tiles" (jumping sprites) till you reach the ground to make the illusion of hights when jumping.
lava cloak (fire)
- like flippers and boots to walk over or swim in lava, pretty boring.
shovel whistle (earth)
- sound and animation of digging, changes only the combo below and does not triggers secrets, most useful as tool for going underground (combo turns into warp)
block wands (wind or magnetic)
- the one from Avataro that shoves blocks away from you
- another one that changes the block for puzzles that need both weapons
- the one you made (phantom?) without afterimage.
- can be upgraded to work like a instant hookshot if used with a hookshot grab in front.