Photo

Screenshot of the Week 234

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 234 (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite screenshot!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Oct 27 2008, 08:14 AM) View Post

SerpitaX:
Now that's what I call perfect snow area! Good layout, design, detailing and that ice covered statue entrance really adds to the good feeling.
My vote goes to... SerpitaX.

You srs bout the design thing? icon_freak.gif

WAY to many solid combos 1 combo away from the border that can be entered upon. Never put them that close, also the corners need to be covered. I mean upon first glance this shot looked good, but upon more inspection, the design is not that great.

Went for Evile, blaman was a close...close second though.

#17 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

Blaman: The main problem here is that the screen doesn't flow off of the edges very well. It's one thing to be able to look at a screen, but something else to be able to look at a screen, and pretty accurately imagine what's around it. My main remedy for this is to put objects that flow off of the screen by the edges.

Evile: Pretty colors, pretty graphics. Seen that same screen shape and design 6000 times in multiple other tilesets and quests.

Serpitax: I don't see shots like this too often. This is the first time in a long time where I've seen a not-so-elaborate dungeon entrance, the design works. You win my vote.

#18 BitZero

BitZero

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:37 PM

Serpita's is not. I just don't like it, and as I've siad before: Small trees does NOT fit in DoR at ALL!

Well, trial and error and I prefer small trees.
I do like your map though; I was thinking of using the pale blue mountains, but it looked a little to icy for what I was going for.

You srs bout the design thing?

WAY to many solid combos 1 combo away from the border that can be entered upon. Never put them that close, also the corners need to be covered. I mean upon first glance this shot looked good, but upon more inspection, the design is not that great.

The corners can never be reached while playing the game (unless if you cheat...). You can't get up there either way, which is why I made it like that. But I guess that you're right with the amount of objects near the edge.
~
Blaman: The design is nice and it is detailed. There is also a good amount of variety in the trees and ground.
-
Evile: It looks really good, but there's something I don't like about the ground. It may be because it is just one color, but that's just me. I also like the pagoda, very nice addition to the screen.
-
SerpitaX: ...

I nulled, but if I voted I would have picked Blaman's screen.

#19 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:49 PM

Covering corners isn't just about gameplay. It really improves the screens look, makes it seem fuller and more complete.

#20 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Oct 27 2008, 06:49 PM) View Post
Covering corners isn't just about gameplay. It really improves the screens look, makes it seem fuller and more complete.
Agreed. Screen detail is good everywhere, especially in areas that aren't playable/reachable. icon_wink.gif

#21 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

blaman's cuz it reminds me of the days of yesteryear when people weren't quite the elitist pricks they are today.

#22 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:34 PM

*Votes for Evile. Is that pagoda from MC?!

#23 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:53 PM

Yes that house is from MC and slightly edited by me. Thanks for every ones support and votes but I'm afraid this project is no longer going to be in my hands. I'll explain more when when I have some more certain information to give out (probably tomorrow). Thanks again. icon_wink.gif

#24 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:50 AM

Evile is the irrefutable king in screenshots haha icon_razz.gif

#25 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:34 PM

I voted for Evile. His screen appealed to me more than anyone else's. The others were okay, just not as good as Evile's... icon_heh.gif

#26 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(Majora @ Oct 27 2008, 09:23 PM) View Post
blaman's cuz it reminds me of the days of yesteryear when people weren't quite the elitist pricks they are today.
I would like to point out that being elitist and shifting your standards to keep with the times are two totally separate things. Think of it like an iPod- whereas a 2nd gen might've been the hizzle in this shizzle way back when, it is now ludicrously unacceptable. It isn't elitist, it's simply the rapidly improving face of technology. Obviously it hasn't been that pronounced here, but design is shifting and thus so do my expectations.

blaman: 8/10
It's beautiful and simple. The palette is pleasing, but it doesn't overwhelm you with color.
Evile: 9/10
As close to perfect as I can imagine. It's just really, really good.
SerpitaX: 6/10
It's quite straight and the mixture of tree types isn't very good. The 90 degree mountain angle at the top is very awkward as well.

#27 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:37 PM

blaman - 8 votes = [2.00%]
Evile - 19 votes = [47.50%]
SerpitaX - 13 votes = [32.50%]
Total Votes: 40

Evile
IPB Image
DETILED!

Congrats on winning this week Evile! Congrats!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users