226 replies to this topic

#76 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 12 June 2021 - 07:55 PM

Sure thing:

025_aslionsokra.png

Anything at all would be great, much appreciated!

#77 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 13 June 2021 - 10:52 AM

024_sokranoinst.png

How's this?

• Aslion likes this

#78 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 14 June 2021 - 05:16 PM

It's excellent, thank you!

#79 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 18 June 2021 - 04:04 PM

026_gerudowalk.png

Hi! I'm finally making gerudo. Unlike with the zoras I decided to do NPCs first and pick one or two to expand into full player sheets from there. Any preferences?

• Jared and Demonlink like this

#80 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 18 June 2021 - 04:44 PM

unknown.png

Hi! I'm finally making gerudo. Unlike with the zoras I decided to do NPCs first and pick one or two to expand into full player sheets from there. Any preferences?

3, 4, 9

#81 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 22 June 2021 - 12:20 AM

027_rahinesheet1.png

Harem pants are the goddamn best. They're so much easier to get right than standard Oracle style feet. Maybe emulating Princess Jasmine was always the real secret this whole time, it worked for the Hylian lady too.

I have 4-way walksprites for the other 10, but I'll leave that for the database update. I think I want to do a couple frames for other characters...3 looks like she could be a fun sorceress enemy, if nothing else. Some of the others feel like they should have more but I don't have any specific animations in mind.

• Aslion, Shane, Sheik and 2 others like this

#82 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 29 June 2021 - 12:48 PM

Maybe a strange request: do you think you could make a boss based on some sort of marine bird (albatross, cormorant, pelican, seagull etc)? Around 2x2 (could be bigger if needed) and just facing left/right.

#83 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 30 June 2021 - 12:01 PM

Maybe a strange request: do you think you could make a boss based on some sort of marine bird (albatross, cormorant, pelican, seagull etc)? Around 2x2 (could be bigger if needed) and just facing left/right.

How silly/scary are we talking, like on the scale of Fokkeru - Helmaroc King - Evil Eagle - Wingo from Captain Toad

#84 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 03 July 2021 - 08:20 AM

@Ether, could you please consider some new GB lava tiles? Something similar to this style: https://www.purezc.n...ge=tiles&id=470

Not the same considering DoR and GB are two completely different sets, but what I'm trying to suggest is something like "calm lava", not exactly for a raging fire volcano, but more of a dormant fire mountain... not quite sure how to explain my idea.

That is, if it's possible. If not, no problem. :D

#85 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 03 July 2021 - 01:26 PM

@Ether, could you please consider some new GB lava tiles? Something similar to this style: https://www.purezc.n...ge=tiles&id=470

Not the same considering DoR and GB are two completely different sets, but what I'm trying to suggest is something like "calm lava", not exactly for a raging fire volcano, but more of a dormant fire mountain... not quite sure how to explain my idea.

That is, if it's possible. If not, no problem. :D

Give me your original GBC lava tiles and I'll try.

#86 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 04 July 2021 - 10:59 PM

Give me your original GBC lava tiles and I'll try.

TeHtEIH.png

Here they are. :)

#87 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 05 July 2021 - 01:01 AM

TeHtEIH.png

Here they are. :)

I don't get what I'm seeing here. What's the difference between the six rows?

#88 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 July 2021 - 02:36 AM

I don't get what I'm seeing here. What's the difference between the six rows?

The combination of the 4 8x8 lava tiles are arranged differently.

#89 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 05 July 2021 - 05:45 PM

HI I HAVE A COMPUTER AGAIN, EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL

Art can be made once more.

I can't promise that any lava I make will be good, though. I'm gonna be prioritizing the bird. (However, to explain it to P-Tux if he wants to give it his own shot: lava in the GBC games is 5 separate tiles, each with its own 4-screen animation cycle, not just 1. The grid is really obvious if all the bubbles go pop on the same frame--compare Isle of Rebirth lava to screens in Subrosia in Oracle of Seasons.)

• Anthus, Mitchfork, Aslion and 1 other like this

#90 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors

Posted 07 July 2021 - 07:17 PM

028_lava1.png

Yeah, I'm...really not happy with this one. But it's hard for me to gauge how it looks on an actual screen without the ability to make them for myself. So I guess play around with it, show me how it looks and get back to me?

(The bird was finished last night and should be in Aslion's hands. I'm going to polish it up and add a couple more frames for a database release. This will happen before 2028.)

• Matthew likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users