Photo

Screenshot of the Week 446

NewJourneysFire Russ nicklegends Demonlink Benji Hoff123

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 446 (60 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

And by all means, I don't think your screen is poor. I'll admit, I have problems with it, but nothing too big to blame it for starting a debate.

I wasn't directing the post to your screen. I had a feeling someone was going to make that assumption hence "edit much". I was simply replying to "Also, since when has Screenshot of the week become screen design of the week?" which sounded like you encouraged unplayable, terrible screens. But obviously, that statement does not reflect what I feel about the screen. It's playable; just hard to navigate however.

#32 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:45 PM

I voted for the Russ because the Russ has the best screenshot of the week.

• Haylee and Jared like this

#33 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

Was my screen design that poor that such a debate had to begin? Also, since when has Screenshot of the week become screen design of the week?

Oh no, it's not bad by any means. Like I said, I was having a hard time choosing. I just decided that since I've voted for a screen from your quest basically every time it's been in SotW, I'd go for Nicklegends this week for being new with old tiles. I'm a huge fan of what you've done with Triforce graphically.

I voted for the Russ because the Russ has the best screenshot of the week.

Why thank you. I'd honestly probably disagree, but thank you.

#34 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

I'm pretty sure for the past hour or so, we all looked like Shane's display pic. (Or avatar, whatever ya wanna call it..)

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 10 March 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#35 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

I know I was.

#36 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

67888876.jpg

• Ventus and Astromeow like this

#37 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:34 PM

What makes a good screen?

There are no global rules. Choose whatever criteria you feel is right.

#38 Gouanaco

Gouanaco

Death Knight

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

I voted for NJF. I like the shading in this screen and the mini map is gorgeous :3

#39 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

Nicklegends. His shot has several different paths. It's a more interesting shot to me because of that.

#40 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

I vote for Benji's.  I like his classic style.....yeah the perspective issues are off but I don't mind that.  Like the whole grey screen effect too making it dream-like.  

NJF's classic style just has WAAAAAAYY too much going on.  Less is usually more with those tiles.  >_<

#41 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

NJF. By a mile.

#42 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

I personally think that the mountain in the center of NJF's screen is oddly shadowed, but look at the surroundings of the screen. After all it's amazing. :D

I don't know why Russ has german in his screenshot caption and Link's shadow on the background (?) is kind of weird too, but other than that I'd call that perfection! It's so very simple, it works. One very memorable screen of the quest.

Nicklegends has a tropical island setting going on and the colors and the pallette are very easy on the eye. The layout of the ground tiles and the other stuff is just good ;D

I like the tiles of Demonlink's shot but I'm not really fond of the screen design in this screen. This shot really feels a bit uninspired.

Benji's screen looks interesting.

The only thing that I really do not like about Hoff's screen in the DMap title (and the subscreen background color, but meh). xD
It doesn't looks like a beach, but more like it would go in a desert. The palette simply makes it look like a hot, sunny desert scene with a fairy in an oasis. :) The screen design and layout looks very fitting for a GB Zelda game.

Edit: I forgot to vote for someone. All the screens were so nice, that I only commented on them all. My vote goes to nicklegends!

Edited by Avataro, 14 March 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#43 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

The only thing that I really do not like about Hoff's screen in the DMap title (and the subscreen background color, but meh). xD
It doesn't looks like a beach, but more like it would go in a desert. The palette simply makes it look like a hot, sunny desert scene with a fairy in an oasis. :) The screen design and layout looks very fitting for a GB Zelda game.

So you're saying the Present Age of Oracle of Ages is ALL a desert from the description of that palette? The palette on this screen is exactly the same as the overall palette of the Present Age of Oracle of Ages XD

Just sayin'! But I do agree with you, it's very nice and fitting for a GB Zelda game.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 14 March 2014 - 11:01 AM.

#44 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

Well, the colors in the gb games are messed up and too bright. For a desert, together with the sand tiles, it looks good though!

#45 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

Honestly though... 1 screen to the left and you're in a desert haha. It doesn't really look like a beach here, but there's water 1 screen to the right, so this is right in the middle of the beach and the desert. Still part of the beach area though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NewJourneysFire, Russ, nicklegends, Demonlink, Benji, Hoff123

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users