Photo

▲ ▲ Dungeon Design Monthly #4 ▲ ▲

Dungeon Design Month Contest

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Dungeon Design Monthly #4

Who's level do you feel gave the best overall experience?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

Welcome to the fourth officially unofficial

Monthly Dungeon Designing Contest!

Now with sparklies*

We're glad to see your brimming, bright faces eager to sink your teeth into these entries!!

This current monthly contest will run from today, November 10th, 2016, through December 10th, 2016!

This month we have exactly 3.12 entries. Oh wait, that math isn't right. Three entries! One of which is mine (shh don't tell anyone..)

We have an awesome, and familiar stage from Saffith. We have a 'hard' dungeon from peteandwally. And.. that Anthus guy.. dammit, we have to let him in. He says he has a dungeon or something.

Here are your entries:

Saffith: Crashman's Stage (ZC 2.50)

CrashMan1.pngCrashMan2.pngCrashMan3.png

Description: It's Crash Man's level. The file's unpassworded; feel free to play around with it.

------------------------------------------

peteandwally: Level 7 (ZC 2.50.2 [build 24])

y1hXXXX.png

Description: It's hard.

------------------------------------------

Anthus - Rusted Labyrinth (ZC 2.50.2)

1EIzqif.pngNW6jMJH.png2zhVETX.png

Description: I originally made this 11 years ago. I messed with it in 2.5 on and off over the last few years. I've probably scrapped and revamped this dungeon more times than I care to count. :P It's also unpassworded.

-------------------------------------------

If you are interested in entering, give the first post in this thread a read for details, and guidelines, and please remember, it is highly encouraged that you at least try to play all entries before voting.

*There are no sparklies. If you paid money for this free-ware app, demand your money back.

• Eddy likes this

#2 Tabletpillow

Tabletpillow

Hi

• Members

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:20 PM

Holy crap, Saffith! There's screen scrolling?

You're a god, man!

Edited by a30502355, 10 November 2016 - 08:25 PM.

• Anthus likes this

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:40 PM

I'm glad to see this back. I'll be playing some of these throughout the week and providing my input. No streams though since I like to have just general freedom to just play these and take breaks from time to time. 

• Anthus and Naru like this

#4 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:02 PM

Moosh: Hey, I'm feeling pretty confident in my ZScript skills today.
Saffith: You are but a tiny baby before me. Behold...

M E G A   M A N
                                                                             I N   Z C
                                                     W I T H   S C R E E N   S C R O L L I N G

• Anthus, Mitsukara, Eppy and 5 others like this

#5 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:20 PM

I played both other entries and enjoyed them very much. It's strange to play megaman on a keyboard after so many years of nintendo controllers... nice work, guys :)

• Anthus likes this

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:36 AM

I normally use a keyboard myself for ZC, but I've been using my controller more recently, and since I suck at platformers with a keyboard, it came in handy. :P

While playing Saffith's entry it's hard to remember I'm actually playing a ZC quest. Peteandwally has a really solid Z1 dungeon. It really reminds me of the good ol' days of ZC dungeoneering. :)
  • peteandwally likes this

#7 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:29 PM

So I never played a game like Mega Man. Mario should be the one most similar to it regarding anything I ever played. It feels like a perfect game, professional and all. Also felt not like ZC in the slightest. The first few attempts were just horrible, I couldn't even jump correctly. I don't think I will vote here. It feels awsome and all, but I quit after I were game over three times for instadeath for falling down. I hate restarting though I understand such games were no fun if even I could handle then eith my skills X3

Anthus dungeon had a few bombs too many, I quite walked a bit off over the correct switch in the room with many switches and got lost afterwards for some time (since I thought they all were wrong after missing). The Wand kind of feels like only put in for a one-time wand trigger and so a bit out of place. It would be better too just add it as a extra like in the original. Also the pathway is kind of silly, you just could put a room into the corner to connect them. Still, a solid dungeon I think.

With peteandwally I again have problems to get the file. I mean I can download it, but it is just a typeless file, no unzipping it, no idea what to do with it.
  • Anthus likes this

#8 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:10 PM

With 3 votes (75.00%) Saffith is this contest's winner! :)

7X24h1s.png

And what an awesome entry it was. If you remake the whole game, I'll do an LP of it :P

But onto sadder news, this will be the last Dungeon of the Month/ Dungeon Design Monthly. Thank you all for your support and interest over the months, and making this contest a fun little distraction. This contest had a good run, but I think it has come and gone, unfortunately.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dungeon, Design, Month, Contest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users