Lanmola tiles overlap feature?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Valerie

Valerie

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 08 September 2020 - 04:12 PM

Okay, I'm not sure how to explain this. I tried adding the BS lanmola tiles from the gigaleak, and they overlap. Sometimes they overlap correctly and sometimes they don't. For example when they are going down the head tile should be over the body tile, but sometimes the body tile is over the head tile and it looks wrong. (it seems to rapidly switch between over and under) I've included a pic of the gigaleak tiles that show how they should work. I think the moldorms also behave like this, but they don't in the original BS Zelda.

saTfD43.png

Edited by Valerie, 08 September 2020 - 04:25 PM.

#2 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 September 2020 - 12:20 AM

err, this sounds a lot more like you are reporting a bug than requesting a feature.

#3 Valerie

Valerie

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 25 September 2020 - 04:01 PM

I found clicking the quest rule ‘No NES Sprite Flicker’ fixes most of this problem, though lanmola still doesn't look correct when going down, it looks good when going up, side to side looks a little awkward, so maybe there is already a way to make him look correct that I haven't figure out.

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:03 AM

err, this sounds a lot more like you are reporting a bug than requesting a feature.

No, it's because the spawn order and order of the sprites on the screen is always head first, and then of course, hp shuffle occurs. As a result, the directions where the head should overlap do not overlap as they would on the Super Famicom game. This is a request that would need a fundamental change in how elanmola and eslanmola work internally, or a new enemy entirely. The head and tail would need to change screen index based on the enemy direction.

npc script bslanmola
{
    void run()
    {
        while(1)
        {
            if(this->Core)
            {
                if(this->Dir == DIR_DOWN)
                {
                    Screen->FastTile(2, this->X+this->DrawXOffset, this->Y+this->DrawXOffset, this->Tile, this->CSet, 128;
                }
            }
            Waitframe();
        }
    }
}

In 2.55, this should correct it by redrawing the head over the body, if you attach it to a lanmola enemy.

• ShadowTiger and Bagu like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users