Zelda Classic 2.5 RC4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
266 replies to this topic

#241 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

I asked this once before, but I wanted to ask again.

Seeing as we had the enemy slots increased to 500, could we also have the item slots increased to 500 as well? You see I use items for memory as well as for their functionality.

I.e. There's an instance in my quest where Link loses all of his items and needs to get them back. To make sure he gets the proper sword as there's an optional upgrade available before this point, I have to sneak in a dud equipment item in the pickup string for the L2 Sword. It works well, just it uses up an item slot as I can't really use that dud item for anything else.

Then there are sidequests. In one, you help out five different people with their problems and go back to a different person to receive a prize. For this one I have to use an item for each person so that it can recognize when the player has helped all five and can receive their prize.

Other than that, I'd also like to make more optional swords and shields, so the player could somewhat customize their character later on in the game.

I can live with the 255 item slots, but I'd be able to do more if we had 500.

#242 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

I can confirm that the MIDI bug also does it in ZQuest, when you click off the program.

#243 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

So, I was playing a quest and came across an odd glitch with a bat/keese enemy. I hit the bat with my boomerang on the edge of the screen, and I guess I knocked it out of the screen or something, it started acting strange after that. What do I mean by strange? Well, see for yourself (look in the bottom left corner of the screen):

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UXm1bWblajw

Nothing major, just odd. icon_freak.gif

#244 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

interesting. was that a regular keese?

#245 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

I can't be sure, but it just seems like the normal "Bat" enemy to me. You'd have to ask Evan20000 though.

#246 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

Slightly more turnrate/homing rate, but nothing that would change it.

#247 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE(HylianGlaceon @ Oct 30 2012, 01:12 PM) View Post
Seeing as we had the enemy slots increased to 500, could we also have the item slots increased to 500 as well?

Maybe. That's trickier, because there are quite a few places in the code where item IDs are stored in 8-bit numbers. I don't know how long it'll take to find them all.

#248 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Before you go to RC5, can you add in LA_WARPING? I have been waiting for a direct way to determine wherever Link is warping or not and having this would make this process much easier and smoother. I think that this is possible because we already have LA_SCROLLING, which determines wherever Link is scrolling from one room to another.

#249 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

I'd like to see an LA_JUMPING, and different stabbing and slashing actions along with Orin's suggestion.

Edit: Bug found! It seems you can't set your arrow count higher than 255 in the cheats menu.

#250 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

I second the request for LA_WARPING, also it would be very very very cool if there was a GetSideWarpScreen and GetSideWarpDMap function, seeing that you can set it. These functions would be incredibly useful icon_biggrin.gif.

#251 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

I tried adding LA_WARPING, but it didn't work. Apparently, scripts don't actually run when it would be relevant.

I don't think LA_JUMPING makes sense, since Link could be doing any number of other things at the same time. How about just this:
CODE
bool InAir()
{
    if(IsSideview())
        return !OnSidePlatform(Link->X, Link->Y);
    else
        return Link->Z>0;
}

#252 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

I still think it would be nice if we could set Link's action to LA_JUMPING to play the jump animation whenever we want, like in a rolling script I used a while back.

#253 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Nov 2 2012, 06:24 PM) View Post

I tried adding LA_WARPING, but it didn't work. Apparently, scripts don't actually run when it would be relevant.

I don't think LA_JUMPING makes sense, since Link could be doing any number of other things at the same time. How about just this:
CODE
bool InAir()
{
    if(IsSideview())
        return !OnSidePlatform(Link->X, Link->Y);
    else
        return Link->Z>0;
}

How about GetSideWarpType, GetSideWarpScreen, GetSideWarpMap GetSideWarpDmap?

#254 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE(MoscowModder @ Nov 2 2012, 09:06 PM) View Post

I still think it would be nice if we could set Link's action to LA_JUMPING to play the jump animation whenever we want, like in a rolling script I used a while back.

That is very very easy to code. Why not just set Link->Jump to some value? Or even better paint the tiles for that yourself.

#255 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

So is the MIDI glitch going to be fixed before RC5 comes out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users