• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:52 PM

It has been 5 years since I have released The Hero of Dreams!!! I am really proud of the game, and thank everyone that has played and enjoyed it. So for the past couple of months, I have been working hard on re-releasing the game, and it will be coming out in April. I am going to add some things to the game, and a different ending. Or actually, more detailed ending. icon_biggrin.gif

So, because of the re-release I will be in need of bug testers before the release. Basically, I am pretty sure all of the bugs are gone, but I still want at least three people to play through my game and point out any bugs, any details, and everything. You know, the regular bug testing. lol

A couple of things I added:

- Went from 1400 strings to 1700 strings. O_O
- Fixed all known bugs.
- Added better hints to puzzles that people have trouble with.
- More storyline

#2 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:53 PM

Sweet!
I only got to the desert dungeon (Not sure how far in the game it was), but it was amazing. I played it for hours on end. I should really go back and finish it!

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

I'll be happy to play HoD again. From what I played in my 1st Playthrough, I only spotted at least 3 bugs. You fixed those bugs.

#4 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:02 PM

I would definitely say wait for the updated version if you are going to play the game again, because I made a lot of changes in Level 4.

I'll be happy to play HoD again. From what I played in my 1st Playthrough, I only spotted at least 3 bugs. You fixed those bugs.

Sounds good. icon_biggrin.gif

Also, just to let anyone know. If you make a Let's Play on my game btw, let me know because I want to post links to the Let's Plays in the manual.

Edited by Shoelace, 27 March 2011 - 08:03 PM.

#5 Dinnick the 3rd

Dinnick the 3rd

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

cant remember when I finished HoD....years ago.
But I would like to play it again after the update (just wondering if your gonna change the ending ._.)
anyways I cant really remember any bug or something...just super puzzles xD
must be proud of it. Its one of the best qsts I ever played its just AWESOME icon_thumbsup.gif

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

I'll be happy to test it. I love the original, and found a bug myself in it. icon_razz.gif And I gotta say, I'm psyched now. Psyched for a five year old game. Kinda sad. icon_razz.gif But yeah, I'll gladly test it.

#7 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(Shoelace @ Mar 27 2011, 09:02 PM) View Post

Also, just to let anyone know. If you make a Let's Play on my game b w, let me know because I want to post links to the Let's Plays in the manual.

Are we opening this up for more LPers to LP HoD...? *Runs*

Actually, I wouldn't mind doing an LP of HoD, but the thing is I'm backed up on my LP log as it is. XD That, and I have a weird thing against doing games other people have already done, depending on the person/game. Well, for myself; I don't generally care if someone else does an LP another person did. But I digress.

...Though if SurrealCanine didn't have a problem with overlapping LPs... *Grins* He's got no problem with it. I'll probably do it later down the road once I've cleared my LP list a bit.

5 years...and those were 5 damn good years. Hero Of Dreams is a great quest worthy of all the praise it receives. I should replay it sometime once I've got some free time to devote to gaming again. XD

#8 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:59 PM

I never finished the original. Got stuck (can't recall where) and never got...unstuck. Sounds great, though! 2.10?

#9 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:09 PM

Hey, Is this just a re release or remade?
Anyways, I would like to be a beta tester, because I would like to help out, And I loved Hero of Dreams,
but I didn't find any bugs in the first version of Hero of dreams.

Edited by Yoshidude, 27 March 2011 - 09:18 PM.

#10 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

Hey cool. Does this mean you are remaking the game? Or just a tweeked version? Either way, it would be awesome.
Also, I would like to beta test if that's okay. I'm a huge fan of the game and would love to test it out and see if I can find any bugs or secrets in the quest. So, what do you say?

---Keiichi

#11 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:23 AM

Thanks guys. It is for 2.10. I was planning for the longest time to wait for 2.5 to be released first and then make the updates, but it has been five years, I decided I am not going to wait for it anymore. I fixed up a lot of things in the game, like got rid of a lot of Dmaps that I didn't need, so that I add the things I wanted to add. So still going to use up all of the Dmaps. lol.

Also, this isn't a remake, just an update. I am going to update it on PureZC's database, then advertise it on Youtube. icon_razz.gif

So thanks guys, I will let you know who I will pick for the beta testers very soon. icon_biggrin.gif

#12 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:34 AM

Hi,
I'll beta test it for you. I just finished your first HoD a couple of weeks ago. I real enjoyed playing it.

#13 Littlelink91

Littlelink91

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:01 AM

OMG! icon_omg.gif Your updating Hero Of Dreams!? THERE'S GONNA BE MORE STRINGS? MORE STORY LINE!? AND A NEW ENDING!!!? AHDASLFHJSDKLJAsdklfajslk!! I'm so EXCITED!!! AHHHH!!! And your looking for people to beta test this updated game!? Thats awesome! I would be honored if I was given the chance to be one of your chosen beta testers Shoelace! I love your game! I think its amazing. The idea of replaying an updated version of Hero Of Dreams in itself sounds really great! It would be so much fun! If I were chosen to be a beta tester, I would look EVERYWHERE for bugs. EVERYWHERE! I swear it! It would be like a dream come true if I was given the chance to be a tester.

Kudos on five years past the release of this magnificient game Shoelace. I wish it a happy belated birthday.

Edited by littlelink91, 28 March 2011 - 01:02 AM.

#14 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:46 AM

So outta curiosity, I remember a while ago you said you wanted to make an extra dungeon, but ran out of dmaps for it. Will that extra dungeon be included in this version?

#15 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:01 AM

Most likely not; I've heard that HoD was the absloute max for 2.10, all Dmaps and maps were used, and maybe all tilepages too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users