Photo

Map of the Month 3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Map of the Month 3 (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote:

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 AntonJ3000

AntonJ3000

Junior

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:58 AM

CastChaos - I like that "sand" kind of dungeon - VOTE
Ebola - Won't Load
Radien - I like it but not very much, It's not zelda-like.
Schwa - I liked that "sand" dungeon, But the rooms looks too full.

#17 KaBoom

KaBoom

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:02 AM

Ebola, everyody already knew your screen design kicks ass ;D
But it's starting to become too monotonous. That looks just like Boselle Village, except more deserted. (Same trees, mountains, colors, etc)

Radien, everything about your map is monotonous, but I like the road designs. I have a weak spot for well-designed wiggly roads.

#18 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE(KaBoom @ Jul 2 2008, 09:02 AM) View Post

Ebola, everyody already knew your screen design kicks ass ;D
But it's starting to become too monotonous. That looks just like Boselle Village, except more deserted. (Same trees, mountains, colors, etc)

Radien, everything about your map is monotonous, but I like the road designs. I have a weak spot for well-designed wiggly roads.
Because... it is. I have a nasty habit of doing areas over. And over. And over. I was not satisfied with my first or second attempts at it, so... well, here's half of it, at least. And unlike my previous attempts, I am very satisfied with this one, and I think I can keep the same style for other areas.

And I do know what you mean by monotonous- I think I'd bust a kidney if I submitted another shot from this area.

#19 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jul 2 2008, 07:25 AM) View Post

Because... it is. I have a nasty habit of doing areas over. And over. And over. I was not satisfied with my first or second attempts at it, so... well, here's half of it, at least. And unlike my previous attempts, I am very satisfied with this one, and I think I can keep the same style for other areas.

I wouldn't call that a nasty habit... Being a perfectionist is a VERY good thing when working with ZC, even though it tends to make you take more time on an area.

I would never be good at using the DoR set though... X_X

#20 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE(Schwa @ Jul 4 2008, 12:45 AM) View Post

I wouldn't call that a nasty habit... Being a perfectionist is a VERY good thing when working with ZC, even though it tends to make you take more time on an area.

I would never be good at using the DoR set though... X_X
Well, it is when it starts to interfere with actually getting things done- but nevertheless, I think I've reached a level of screen design that I'll be happy to stay at for the rest of the quest, so I guess it ended well.

#21 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:25 AM

I'm voting for Ebola. His just looks really nice and peaceful.

#22 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:18 PM

Hello...due to my vacation with my dad, starting one of these days, I MIGHT not be able to get MotM 4 on the EXACT date. There is two possible solutions:
One, I send all the submissions to a step-in, then ask the people that hasn't submitted yet, to send them to him.
Two: I try to gather enough submissions to make MotM 4 a few days earlier than planned. This is my first choice, but it depends on how many submissions I can gather. So guys, please submit your maps! It's... for a good cause? xD
So far, I've got one only. I CAN submit one of my own though.. that'd make two. I would personally like AT LEAST three, but... yeh know.

So... submit peeps!

#23 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

I'm step-in, correct?

#24 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

If ye feel like it, sure icon_biggrin.gif
I mean, I did ask you a few weeks ago, but I didn't want to say "Joe123 is my step-in" and then having you say "Huh, what? When?" xD
But yeah, if I don't get enough submissions by the time I leave, I'll give you all the submissions, then ask people to forward their unsubitted submissions to you...

BUT KEEP IN MIND, DO send your submissions to me still, as I haven't left yet icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Migokalle, 17 July 2008 - 06:46 PM.

#25 Hero of Fire

Hero of Fire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:44 PM

I really like all of them, but my imagination got the most out of Ebola Zaire's. Nice job icon_smile.gif.

#26 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:22 PM

I nulled. Mainly because I couldn't decide between Radien or Elboas but still couldn't bring myself to vote for either.

Radiens is nice, tranquil, and great for a game. Though boring. If there were some little animal critters in there, than I would vote for it licky split. Maybe a bunny gnawing on a carrot in the corner, ya know? icon_biggrin.gif.

Elboas is peaceful, good, but I cannot stand the water contrast

#27 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:58 AM

Ooh that's right, MotM! I better get something ready! icon_biggrin.gif

Of course, my submission is already ready; I just need to send it. I'll go ahead and say to you what it is... My wasteland map will brutally chew off all your heads this month, just you watch! icon_superevil.gif

*makes map and PMs Miggs*

BTW, Migo, you don't mind that I call you Miggs, do you? I like that name, but I have to remember to ask before nicknaming people... I do that in RL... icon_xd.gif

Edited by Schwa, 18 July 2008 - 03:58 AM.

#28 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

EZ's map wins. It's just the right size and has great detail.

Radien's was just too big and open, (although that may have been the intended goal) CC's was just too unrestricted, and Shwa's was a bit too linear. No offense, guys. It's hard to be blatant AND nice.

#29 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:53 PM

Okay, I've got three maps so far... It's VERY unclear which of these days I'll be leaving, but it will probably be tomorrow.
So, I'll be setting Map of the Month 4 up tomorrow morning MY TIME. (It's 11:46 PM eight now, so that'll give ye a clue.)
I'll probably be setting it up sometime between 10:00 AM and 14:00... it MIGHT be later, but it WON'T be before 10... NO CHANCE... I'll be sleeping like a little fishy.
I would have let Joe take care of it at the right date, but since I've got enough maps to start it now, I will... so if I get any maps right after I've made MotM 4, they'll be added to MotM 5 instead.
I'm sorry for this trouble, really.

Now, you can still submit your maps.
Just do it before I make MotM 4, which will be sometime after 10:00 AM. Thank you!
icon_biggrin.gif

-Migo

#30 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:33 AM

Ebola Zaire is the winner of Map of the Month 3! Congratulations Ebola!
Now, take this imaginary medal, and hang it around your neck! icon_biggrin.gif

MotM 4 will be up shortly icon_wink.gif

Edit: Aaaand crap... I posted the last post... argh. Sorry for the double peeps! :/

Edited by Migokalle, 19 July 2008 - 09:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users