Photo

Megaman 11

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:52 PM

The slide thing (apart from seeming too short) also felt a bit choppy. Coming in and out of one didn't feel as smoothly as it did in prior titles. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I'm not planning on touching the demo again, want to wait for the full game so I don't get burned out on one level.

• nicklegends likes this

#32 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:15 AM

Oh, God. Capcom celebrated the Japanese release by announcing a live-action, Hollywood-made Mega Man movie.

... There'll be English articles tomorrow, I'm sure, but there's really no information beyond that.

#33 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:08 AM

I doubt it'll be very good, but I'm looking forward to a high-budget yet hilariously bad film.

Although if it turns out great, I'm not complaining.

EDIT: I've been watching ProJared play through it, and it looks decent enough. I can't comment on controls - I can't really experience them while watching someone else - or music - which I can barely hear over his voice - but the game looks fine as far as gameplay goes. The voice acting isn't too bad (except I get a little annoyed at the repeated "Rush Coil!" "Woof!", so I guess that is an issue).

Anyway, I'll likely not get ahold of this for a while myself (need to get a Switch first ) so that's as far as I can 'review' it.

Edited by klop422, 04 October 2018 - 02:12 AM.

#34 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:17 AM

1) You can mute all voices. May also affect cutscenes.
2) Weirdly enough, Arin on Game Grumps is doing a decent job at the game (though he has said he's completed it twice already).

#35 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

I beat the game yesterday and I honestly really enjoyed the game overall. I'd put it somewhere in the middle of my ranking list for the classic series, but nearer the top than the bottom. It was a very fun experience, and one that didn't feel like a recycling of past concepts. I loved the arsenal, which is now one of my favorites in the series, and I'm glad they actually have some enemy variety between stages; for some reason I feared they'd have one crop of enemies that make up most of the enemies in each stage, but thankfully that wasn't the case.

My complaint about the music sticks from my original post. There's a couple tunes that are okay, but overall the soundtrack just isn't very memorable, and I'm not fond of its instrumentation either. I feel like, if this had a great soundtrack that sounded awesome, this could've easily shot a few places up on the list, but good music is important to me in Megaman games and the lack of one here hinders the game a bit in my eyes, even if the rest of the experience is solid. I suppose I appreciate the fact they were brave enough to use all original tunes (minus the classic "robot selected" theme), I just wish the new stuff was on par with games of the past. It's sad I can recall more themes from Megaman 8 than this game.

Also the sound effect nitpick sticks more strongly than before, especially because they actually do use an updated version of the Wily UFO sound effect. So why couldn't they give the other distinctive sound effects that treatment?

But those problems aside, I still think this was a great game and worthy sequel in the series. They announce a Megaman 12 with this same team and I am all over it. Just work on the sound department and we're solid.

Gonna spoiler some gameplay negatives, nothing big overall, but they did bother me while I was playing:

Spoiler

Also realizing until that spoiler block I didn't even talk about the gear system until now. It's fine. I didn't use it much, apart from using power gear on Block Man's weapon to make extremely short work of minibosses. And I thought Metal Blade was OP.

#36 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:03 AM

I find a lot of the spherical effects like explosions, when you take damage etc. to either have too long a duration or too opaque which often results in an inability to see what is going on on screen. Edit: Including the effects when collecting stuff like health, weapon and gear refills.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 05 October 2018 - 05:15 AM.

#37 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:24 PM

Beat the game, here's what I think of Mega Man 11:

+Mega Man has the slide and charge shot again!

+Multiple difficulties so anybody can play the game.

+Speed Gear helps in some spots.

+Upgrades that make parts easier (like the upgrade that prevents you from slipping on ice & the one that let's you move at normal speed while Speed Gear is in effect).

+A lot of Challenges to do when you're done with the game (The balloon one seems to be the most fun).

-Music is mostly not memorable (the only songs I liked were the Stage Select theme and the Gallery theme), which is a bit of a problem when music has been 1 of the best things about the Mega Man franchise.

-Didn't find myself using Power Gear as much as Speed Gear.

-A couple of annoying parts in the game (Acid Man's stage really turns up the spike count when you're going through the red liquid section, and Wily Stage 1 with it's rotating platforms over bottomless pits and enemies in annoying spots).

-Some of the upgrades requires you to unlock them for purchase by doing certain requirements, but the game doesn't tell you what to do to make them available

Spoiler

-Some minor things that don't hurt the game, but people will likely have problems with like....

Spoiler

-

Spoiler

Score: 8.5/10. Despite all the negatives listed, I really enjoyed the game and am glad to see Mega Man back. Hopefully Mega Man 12 & X9 will be a reality, and maybe Legends 3 & ZX 3 as well!

Most surprising moment of the game:

Spoiler

Edited by KEM64, 06 October 2018 - 05:26 PM.

#38 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:43 PM

Another nice thing about the upgrades is that you can apparently disable them after purchasing them, so purchasing them isn't a commitment to using them for the rest of the playthrough.

#39 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 07 October 2018 - 07:34 PM

Oh, God. Capcom celebrated the Japanese release by announcing a live-action, Hollywood-made Mega Man movie.

... There'll be English articles tomorrow, I'm sure, but there's really no information beyond that.

Maybe it'll be as good as this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1662534/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users