128 replies to this topic

#31 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 18 October 2021 - 05:35 PM

What are "Zol Fragments"? I have  7.

Spoiler

Yup, statues first, step switches last...nada..

Yep, I can attest. I tried to do these rooms in level 9 many times, the blue barriers just won't go down. The seashell mansion has similar rooms with the statues and having to press the last switch yourself and I was able to do those rooms just fine. It's just the level 9 statue rooms that will not work.

I will check them again in my copy of the quest, but I haven't had any issues myself.

Edit: I just realized what the source of the problem is and it is silly.

Edited by ywkls, 18 October 2021 - 05:44 PM.

#32 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 18 October 2021 - 06:03 PM

Yep, I can attest. I tried to do these rooms in level 9 many times, the blue barriers just won't go down. The seashell mansion has similar rooms with the statues and having to press the last switch yourself and I was able to do those rooms just fine. It's just the level 9 statue rooms that will not work.

Seashell Mansion has a couple of statue only switches that work fine as does L9.  

#33 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 18 October 2021 - 06:22 PM

Seashell Mansion has a couple of statue only switches that work fine as does L9.  

So, the puzzle was broken by a script setting where ffcs run at screen init.

This made the part which triggered secrets not work properly.

I'm working on getting it fixed as soon as possible.

#34 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 19 October 2021 - 04:14 PM

Some problems in Keep of the Plains:

CkRgw3M.png

I can sequence break on this screen by jumping down from the northern platform and, while in mid air, using the hookshot to reach the tile just above the lowered gray peg.

3QLGnOl.png

After the tricks in the room below this screen, I can then hookshot to the blue statue and bypass the light orange peg (and thus the puzzle) completely.

VOeVTKM.png

Unfortunately, the blue/orange revolving switches (the proper name of these escapes me) don't work correctly. This is difficult to describe without a video, but the bottom revolving switch (orange in the screencap above), when I step on to it from the south, automatically transports me twice in such a way that I end up on the northern side of the switch. I should end up on the eastern side, but the switch automatically transports me again once I reach that side. The blue switch in the screencap also does the same thing as the bottom revolving switch.

Then, the topmost revolving switch (also orange in the screencap above) isn't working correctly either. The problem with this revolving switch is that, if I try to bypass the pegs with the hookshot and approach the switch from the west, when the switch is in blue mode, the switch automatically turns orange and transports my character back to the north instead of to the south. Effectively, this specific switch problem seems to make the intended solution to these three screens impossible and is the reason I found the sequence breaking in the first place.

I can't finish the Keep of the Plains because there's no way to reach the southeast doorway in the last screenshot in this reply.

Edited by Useless Old Man Wisdom, 19 October 2021 - 04:21 PM.

#35 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 19 October 2021 - 05:04 PM

I can sequence break on this screen by jumping down from the northern platform and, while in mid air, using the hookshot to reach the tile just above the lowered gray peg.

I can fix that pretty easily.

After the tricks in the room below this screen, I can then hookshot to the blue statue and bypass the light orange peg (and thus the puzzle) completely.

If you're talking about the light orange pegs that are part of the red/blue block system, that's semi-intentional.
Part of my design is to trick the player into thinking certain things are required which aren't.

Unfortunately, the blue/orange revolving switches (the proper name of these escapes me) don't work correctly. This is difficult to describe without a video, but the bottom revolving switch (orange in the screencap above), when I step on to it from the south, automatically transports me twice in such a way that I end up on the northern side of the switch. I should end up on the eastern side, but the switch automatically transports me again once I reach that side. The blue switch in the screencap also does the same thing as the bottom revolving switch.

Then, the topmost revolving switch (also orange in the screencap above) isn't working correctly either. The problem with this revolving switch is that, if I try to bypass the pegs with the hookshot and approach the switch from the west, when the switch is in blue mode, the switch automatically turns orange and transports my character back to the north instead of to the south. Effectively, this specific switch problem seems to make the intended solution to these three screens impossible and is the reason I found the sequence breaking in the first place.

I can't finish the Keep of the Plains because there's no way to reach the southeast doorway in the last screenshot in this reply.

I will have to look into this and see if I can find out what's happening.

#36 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 19 October 2021 - 05:26 PM

So, I'm not entirely sure what was going on with the floor spinner.

I adjusted the script recently and that might have caused it.

I reverted it to an older version and tested to see if the bugs that were reported still occurred.

As far as I can tell they're fixed now.

I'm uploading this to the database.

#37 Malstygian

Malstygian

Initiate

• Members

Posted 19 October 2021 - 09:38 PM

So, the puzzle was broken by a script setting where ffcs run at screen init.

This made the part which triggered secrets not work properly.

I'm working on getting it fixed as soon as possible.

Fortunately, you left the Level 4 cheat in place so I was able to clear level 9 by clipping through the barriers the statues were supposed to lower; otherwise, I would have been stuck too.

#38 Useless Old Man Wisdom

Useless Old Man Wisdom

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 20 October 2021 - 12:43 AM

So, I'm not entirely sure what was going on with the floor spinner.

I adjusted the script recently and that might have caused it.

I reverted it to an older version and tested to see if the bugs that were reported still occurred.

As far as I can tell they're fixed now.

I'm uploading this to the database.

Makes sense, because I'm playing on and experienced the floor spinner problem on the October 18 update.

#39 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 20 October 2021 - 11:31 PM

Makes sense, because I'm playing on and experienced the floor spinner problem on the October 18 update.

Please check the latest update to see if this issue is fixed now. 

Thanks for your patronage!

• Useless Old Man Wisdom likes this

#40 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 21 October 2021 - 08:52 AM

Can someone tell me where Poe's house is?  I don't seem to be able to unload my boxing glove on anyone.

Edit - nevermind.  I figured out what I was supposed to do with it.

Edited by congo23, 21 October 2021 - 01:24 PM.

#41 jccarratl

jccarratl

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 October 2021 - 12:17 PM

Hi ywkls.  Great quest!!  I am now experiencing the same spinner problem as discussed in Post #34.  The top right orange spinner shown in the 3rd picture down Post #34 will not let me go down. When adjusted properly so that the spinner is blue and pointing down, when I enter from the left side to go down, the blue spinner changes to orange when I enter and makes me go up.  I think I went through here before the latest update without any issues but could be mistaken.

Also, what weapon is needed to defeat the boss in Level 4 as well as the Keep of the Desert. I have the sword, magic boomerang and hook shot but none have any effect. I need the Roes feather to jump the red beams but nothing I have does an damage to the boss.  Am I missing the hammer or wand or something?  Thanks!!

#42 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 21 October 2021 - 01:33 PM

Hi ywkls.  Great quest!!  I am now experiencing the same spinner problem as discussed in Post #34.  The top right orange spinner shown in the 3rd picture down Post #34 will not let me go down. When adjusted properly so that the spinner is blue and pointing down, when I enter from the left side to go down, the blue spinner changes to orange when I enter and makes me go up.  I think I went through here before the latest update without any issues but could be mistaken.

Also, what weapon is needed to defeat the boss in Level 4 as well as the Keep of the Desert. I have the sword, magic boomerang and hook shot but none have any effect. I need the Roes feather to jump the red beams but nothing I have does an damage to the boss.  Am I missing the hammer or wand or something?  Thanks!!

I just updated the quest with a fix for the issue with the spinner so check those puzzles again and see if they're still malfunctioning.

The key to beating the boss of level 4 is a combination of things.

First, hit it with the boomerang.

This may take a few tries but it should be stunned eventually.

When it is stunned, it should stop the head from moving.

The appearance of the enemy should also change.

However this doesn't always happen.

While stunned, it can be hurt by any other attack.

#43 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 21 October 2021 - 10:10 PM

Just to let everyone know who might play this quest, I've learned of a critical bug.

In Crazy Tracy's potion shop, don't return after buying the Revival Potion. 

Currently if you get near to it, this will freeze your game.

Look for an update to fix this soon.

#44 congo23

congo23

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 October 2021 - 06:39 AM

I'm in level 9.  Am I supposed to know what the 8 Towers are by this point, and therefore how to light them? 

Edited by congo23, 22 October 2021 - 06:44 AM.

#45 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 22 October 2021 - 08:57 AM

I'm in level 9.  Am I supposed to know what the 8 Towers are by this point, and therefore how to light them? 

There's not a lot of clues about these.

Basically, once you defeat the final boss; it drops an item.

This causes 8 towers to appear around the world. 

Here's some clues and solutions to where to find them.

Clues:

1. In a wood shrouded in mystery.
  2. Near a great waterfall
  3. On the road to the far northeast
  4. In a maze that is neither wet nor dry.
  5. Near a shore of this isle
  6. To the east of a road to dreams
  7. Below a town where beasts roam
  8. Beside a spot where ruins dwell

Answers

Hope that helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users