Photo

How to make walking enemies shoot arrows and bombs?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bokoblin

Bokoblin

added tree hair

• Members

Posted 02 March 2023 - 04:04 PM

One of the many additions in TLOZ Expanded is the expansion of the Blin enemy type. Gone are the days of Moblins and only Moblins. There are also Bokoblins, Bulblins, and Hinoxen to fight.

Bokoblins are fast but weak cannon fodder that swarm you, diverting your attention away from the Moblins, allowing them to take you out.

Bulblins are Bokoblins with bows.

Hinoxen are bosses in the overworld that throw bombs.

But here's the problem, the Bulblins and Hinoxen won't do their jobs. They just walk around, similar to a Bokoblin, completely disregarding the fact that I gave them weapons and a 4-frame 4-dir + firing animation cycle.

I classified them as walking enemies, not projectile shooters, simply because if they are classified as projectile shooters, they stay in one location and fire at you, almost like a turret.

How I coded them is similar to how the Moblins are coded. They are supposed to walk around and fire at you, but they don't for some reason.

How do I fix this?

#2 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 02 March 2023 - 08:44 PM

bokoblin_enemy1.png

bokoblin_enemy2.png

Did you assign the correct weapon from the weapon drop list and did you make sure the other flags were similar to Moblins?

Edited by Naldrag, 02 March 2023 - 08:44 PM.

#3 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 02 March 2023 - 11:37 PM

Hinox arent blin type

#4 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 March 2023 - 02:43 AM

Do the enemies have a step speed? (100 step == 1 pixel per frame, Link moves with a default step of 150)

#5 Bokoblin

Bokoblin

added tree hair

• Members

Posted 03 March 2023 - 09:49 AM

Hinox arent blin type

it is a pig. it is big. it is a big pig.

they're close enough.

Do the enemies have a step speed? (100 step == 1 pixel per frame, Link moves with a default step of 150)

yes

#6 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 March 2023 - 11:06 AM

so, what exactly is happening, versus what you expect to be happening? you need to be extremely specific, and including screenshots of the enemy editor tabs would likely be helpful. With the info you have given, you are literally asking us to guess what the problem is.

#7 Bokoblin

Bokoblin

added tree hair

• Members

Posted 03 March 2023 - 01:03 PM

so, what exactly is happening, versus what you expect to be happening? you need to be extremely specific, and including screenshots of the enemy editor tabs would likely be helpful. With the info you have given, you are literally asking us to guess what the problem is.

they are supposed to walk around and fire things at you, but they don't, they just walk around. i assigned them weapons, they have step speed, all of that. they are assigned as walking enemies with 4 frame 4 dir + firing, just like moblins

#8 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 March 2023 - 01:22 PM

again screenshots of the editor tabs would help. Nothing you've said helps figure out what the problem is- there's nothing obviously wrong, and if you've done exactly what you've told us, it should work.

#9 Bokoblin

Bokoblin

added tree hair

• Members

Posted 04 March 2023 - 03:45 AM

fixed, it was a coding error, the enemies had no halt rate, meaning that they couldn't shoot anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users