Photo

Screenshot of the Week 55 (finished)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 55 (finished) (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 55 (finished)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:17 PM

Z's is nice, but it's mostly because of the CT rip. He did an awesome job ripping it, but this is Screenshot of the Week, not Loose Tile of the Week. So he gets a 5 for my loose tile vote, but for this I really have to go with Phil. Very nicely designed, and some custom tile edits, too, I believe.

#17 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:54 PM

none of them really caught my interest, so null vote

#18 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:44 AM

Why are you people only looking at the timegate? I know this is SOTW, my entry is not about the timegate, it's just the overall design of the screen. I haven't heard anyone (Except BH4) talk about that, only the timegate. :\

#19 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 14 May 2004 - 04:43 PM

Well, Mr. Z's shot isn't all that impressive aside from the timegate, but I vote for it anyway since the other shots don't have redeeming qualities either. Phil's shot is a standard, run-of-the-mill ripped overworld shot that I hate so much yet many on these forums seem to sell their soul for. Jaivaz gets points for an interesting scene, and the snow looks nice, but everything seems to cluttered and I don't like the design of the houses. Ccc, those walls own. But a single good looking aspect does not make up for the lack of quality in the rest of the shot, as the room is, well, very empty. Mr. Z, as I mentioned, has done something really neat with the time gate, but the shot is rather uninteresting besides that. Nevertheless, it's good enough to receive my vote, though I disagree with everyone so obsessed with the time gate... no offense to anyone of course with my comments, I just happen to be an unusually blunt critic ^^

#20 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 14 May 2004 - 06:06 PM

I'm with you, jman, and I echo your thoughts, Mr. Z. It doesn't feel good to get judged positively over something you didn't put the majority of your efforts into, even though compliments are nice.

Part of the reason it didn't impress me may simply be unfamiliarity. The king didn't catch my eye until someone mentioned him, because I thought he was a simple edit of something from a previous Zelda game. So perhaps I should have been more impressed than I was. I'm still more of a "layman" than not.

Anyway, most of the shots this time are best for their tiles. I should have entered, but mine has good design and boring tiles. :\ I guess I'll see what people think next week (/month/whatever).

Edited by Radien, 14 May 2004 - 06:07 PM.

#21 Jaivaz

Jaivaz

God of Death

• Banned

Posted 14 May 2004 - 06:26 PM

Jaivaz gets points for an interesting scene, and the snow looks nice, but everything seems to cluttered and I don't like the design of the houses.

Well it is supposed to be a cluttered little happy village icon_razz.gif

Jaivaz: Why does this shot still seem a bit bland to me? .. Disregard this, I guess.

Well...it IS a Village. icon_razz.gif

Jaivaz
I like this one. Snow, and in a town! Lots of things going on, just a little too white IMO.

*Points to Name of Village* icon_razz.gif

Jaivaz: That's a lot of houses O_O

O.o....Er....yeah...

Anyway...I voted for Z. It is one of the best pics and in my opinion is the best of the 4...and I think mine is a close 2nd icon_razz.gif

#22 Reverse-a-Link

Reverse-a-Link

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 15 May 2004 - 04:59 PM

I LOVE Mr. Z's shot. The whole layout flowed very nicely. The King's sprites and placement were very well-designed, as were the text border's. icon_wink.gif No way I'm voting for any of the others (not to sound rude, though). Jaivaz's looked too cramped to me, maybe a few houses and people could've been left out; it was still good, though. icon_thumbsup.gif Phil's house was neat, but the rest didn't impress me. I thought Ccc's walls were cool, but it seemed like there was next to nothing in the room. :\

#23 a guy and his game

a guy and his game

Wizard

• Members

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:11 PM

Hah! I vote for Jaivaz!
And it's not because of a timegate either. icon_razz.gif
I like the snowy village a lot. It just looks the best of the three. I do think you could take out some houses and have some terrain objects like trees or stumps but other than that, Overall I think it's the best.

#24 Jaivaz

Jaivaz

God of Death

• Banned

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:13 PM

I like the snowy village a lot. It just looks the best of the three. I do think you could take out some houses and have some terrain objects like trees or stumps but other than that, Overall I think it's the best.

There already are enough trees in the village. And that screen just happens to be one of the more populated areas. Basicly in Icen Village the north is more populated than the south part icon_razz.gif

#25 Guest_Raven (Guest)

Guest_Raven (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:27 PM

I voted for Jaivaz, it was the most detailed and neatest in my opinion. ^_^

#26 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:56 PM

Mr. Z wins. I need submissions for 56 now.

#27 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 23 May 2004 - 02:39 AM

To tell the truth, I really didn't like any of them. Mr.Z would get my vote out of all of them. But, I null vote.

#28 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 23 May 2004 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE(Praethus @ May 16 2004, 11:56 PM)
Mr. Z wins.  I need submissions for 56 now.

I have edited the topic to make it more obvious this poll is finished for this week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users