Photo

Hey everyone. Have a question to anyone who is interested.

Quest Idea Help Proposal

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 metalnerdmikey

metalnerdmikey

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:28 AM

EDIT: This has gained some attention so I made a discord specifically for it, if you would rather use that to communicate then ill message you the link (it wont let me post it)

Hey there everyone! Hope everyone is having a good day so far! This is going to be a pretty long and detailed post so let me apologize for the novel first and foremost. 

I have been playing ZC quests for a long time, When this project first started back in the day I was super excited because it allowed peoples creativity to take front and center in the designs of custom quests and game ideas in the realm of Zelda, and lets face it...we all love Zelda, so whats not to love about the idea of ZC? I used to scour the forums for any new projects available to give them a shot and even post some ideas here and there to help make them better if help was sought after. Unfortunately life got in the way of my questing and I had to step away form the community for a long time. Ive been gone for so long that I completely forgot all login info for my old account and had to recently make a new one (hence the low post count).

I have ALWAYS wanted to create my own quest, the idea of making my own Zelda like experience was always something I was interested in doing, so I took some time to check out the forums for help with the engine and watched some tutorials and learned how to do some basic things but when life came a knockin I had to put that on the back burner in order to pay bills and all that jazz, but I would always have that longing in the back of my mind for making one of my own. So I started writing a basic story idea to go along with it, id always come back to it to see if I could improve on it and make it better and I finally think that now that I have the time and enough of the idea complete to make a solid quest id get back into it. I forgot how to do many of the things i previously learned with the engine, and even with the free time that I do have, I just dont have the excess amount of time to really learn the minutia of ZC and its newer features. In response to my dilemma I figured id reach out to the community to see if anyone out there would be interested in working together on the "quest" idea I had. I really want to make this into its own full featured game, but as I know next to NOTHING about programming in something like game maker, and always had a love for what this community does with ZC, I think it would be a cool thing to make it a reality through the very engine that started my passion in the first place. I just need the help to do so. 

So here is my proposition to anyone who might be interested in making something awesome: I would provide the story of the quest (which the basic idea is already completed, minus some filler stuff needed) with an obvious openness to new ideas if some are provided that improve on the original idea (im always open to new ideas). EVERYONE who works on it will obviously be given equal amount of credit, and if something good comes of it and it somehow gains some public traction outside of ZC (if it doesnt, im fine with it too since I really just want this to be done and to do something cool to say I did it for myself, however there is a further plan to all of this that has been thought out for a VERY long time) they would obviously be involved in any further projects that came of it. I would help with the musical side of things as well, I used to tour in a signed metal band for around 8-10 years and throughout the years ive gotten alot of awesome contacts and friends involved in studio sound engineering and have all the lovely plugins to compose some great music (ive also been a producer of sorts to 4 studio albums and many single tracks released). I would help with world/level/dungeon design and, if possible, puzzle elements. I used to make DnD scenarios and DM for a group of friends every weekend for around 4 or 5 years so scenario design and concept/story elements is kinda my specialty, im a writer at heart (albeit, not a professional one) and graph paper is my best friend for designing dungeons so I would not mind in the slightest helping with that aspect of the design. The goal is to make a love letter to the series, a game that I would want to play over and over myself that is up to par with the various ARPGs of yesteryear that alot of the gaming world needs more of (IMHO).

What I would need is this:

Someone well versed in tileset design (this includes people that do their own pixel artwork, or people who are good at hybridizing tilesets already available to fit a cohesive design) to help design and get the look of the quest/game, Its important that the final product that people can play feel like this is its own world. Whoever works on this will have FREE REIGN over the artistic style of the game, as long as it fits with the overall idea and tone of the story, and of course someone who is capable of using some creative criticism to help make it better (if needed). 

Someone who has a good idea of the capabilities of the engine itself. I have some ideas about workarounds if certain things cannot be done, but not every tutorial or video about ZC is really in depth so the actual depth of the engine and its capabilities is unknown to me at its extremes. I would need someone who can balance the ideas I have for mechanics (Which I in no way are dead set in if they cannot be done) to make the game feel like its its own experience and be done well enough to make the people playing it have a fun and fresh enough experience.

Anyone who might think they would have something to contribute who are serious about making something great. Its VERY important to me that whoever gets involved, for whatever thing they get involved with or whatever amount of time they decide to donate to the cause, wants to help me make this a better experience for everyone. Not only do I want to have a good time with the quest/game but I want others to feel the joy I have in playing it, even if barely anyone ever sees it.

If you are interested at all, then please message me. Ill be leaving the forums open so that I can respond to anything as fast as I can. I hope this isnt taken as just some random dude (which admittedly to you all it would seem) who is spouting smoke about making another quest project that will never get done, because this is something thats super important to me as an individual...I feel like I need to do this for myself, or ill never be happy with myself for not trying, I just need a little help doing it, and im not at all afraid to admit that.

I hope everyone has an awesome day, and keep making quests everyone...many of you may have no idea of how much joy they bring to people.

Edited by metalnerdmikey, 17 July 2019 - 01:22 AM.

• Avaro likes this

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:47 AM

I hope this isnt taken as just some random dude (which admittedly to you all it would seem) who is spouting smoke about making another quest project that will never get done

Nah, don't worry. You explained what you want exactly, and your situation very well. There's been people here before, asking for people to help make their quests without explaining anything at all. (They were ignored). You sound more serious about it.

I would help, but I have all my existing projects already... Though I've always wanted to make 1 big zelda-inspired quest one day. I've made a lot of pretty good smaller quests (at least I think they're good :P), but I haven't had what it takes to make a real adventure. I'm good at the inner working of the program, making ideas work in-game. I'm good at thinking off cool ideas too, and level design and I'm okay at graphics. My big weakness is making stories/plots. Maybe someday I could join your project? I wish you good luck in any case.

Something general you should know: Most everyone in this community will be familiar with version 2.53, which is the latest stable release of ZC. The 2.55 version is currently in alpha.

There's an official Discord server but a lot of the people who use the program don't frequent it. Those who do use mostly private discords, lol.

Edited by Avataro, 16 July 2019 - 12:06 PM.

#3 metalnerdmikey

metalnerdmikey

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:53 AM

I would help, but I have all my existing projects already... Though I've always wanted to make 1 big zelda-inspired quest one day. I've made a lot of pretty good smaller quests (at least I think they're good :P), but I haven't had what it takes to make a real adventure. I'm good at the inner working of the program, making ideas work in-game. I'm good at thinking off cool ideas too, and level design and I'm okay at graphics. My big weakness is making stories/plots. Maybe someday I could join your project? I wish you good luck in any case.

Something general you should know: Most everyone in this community will be familiar with version 2.53, which is the latest stable release of ZC. The 2.55 version is currently in alpha.

There's an official Discord server but a lot of the people who use the program don't frequent it. Those who do use mostly private discords, lol.

I hear ya. its hard to balance out your own goals with stuff that you may want to dabble in on the side so i appreciate the honesty. I hope more people bite because its something I could totally see being a big community like project, something everyone could use to bring more people to ZC again since Zeldas popularity is increasing again with BOTW and the coming sequel and just a general lust for more storycentric single player experiences. Id say that if you are even the slightest bit interested then We could setup something on discord (i generally assumed most people wouldnt be avid users except for personal reasons) to tell you about the story idea. Even if youd want to be an off and on help to the project id still welcome it. Who knows, maybe I could convince you to be a major part of it or even help you out on some story ideas. Ive been sittnig on about....6 full game ideas...2 full novels written and a SWARM of musical projects that are left unfinished due to people flaking and me not wanting to publish them without them involved, but im ALWAYS game to talk about lore/story ideas. Let me know if you wanna know the basic outline and I can message you on here or whatever, maybe wet your whistle a bit more haha. Appreciate the honest and awesomely understanding response. 

• Avaro likes this

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:18 PM

I have sent you a PM. Also, you might want to mention your previous nickname, maybe? Maybe some would recognize you.

#5 metalnerdmikey

metalnerdmikey

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:35 PM

I have sent you a PM. Also, you might want to mention your previous nickname, maybe? Maybe some would recognize you.

Oh i doubt it, it was a while ago. I honestly cant remember it. And right on ill check it out.

#6 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:07 PM

This is somehow both very specific and very vague.

So far, it sounds like you're aiming for a project manager role. It's true that past attempts to do things like that haven't worked very well around here, but I think it can happen depending on the amount of work you do yourself. People are often willing to collaborate and share the load of a large project, but they usually won't just do somebody else's work for them.

It's good that the project seems open to input, and giving collaborators a say is helpful in getting them in the first place. It's clear you've thought through many aspects of the project, but where it's kind of vague is the look and the story. You say "Zelda-like experience," but I'm not sure how Zelda-based you want this to be in either regard. Will the game have Triforce items and emblems all over, or are you looking for original items and visuals that only function similarly? Will the story even feature Link and Zelda, or will it be entirely original characters?

What I can say in regard to the first point is that the ZC program itself has been trying to assemble an original tileset for a long time through open assets submissions, so that it can be distributed free of Nintendo content, but that hasn't exactly happened yet, so you might be setting your hopes too high if you're hoping for entirely original art. Your idea of piecing together the consistent parts of existing tilesets is probably the option you'll end up having to choose, especially if you're planning a lengthy quest with a variety of areas and mechanics. But you should at least have an idea of how you want the visuals to look, even if it's as general as "traditional NES," "LttP-style," "SD3-style," or whatever. That alone can tell potential artists plenty, and give them some idea if they'd be a match for the project.

What's actually amusing... I did an AFA in music at an NASM-certified college, and I apparently did good enough in the classes that they hired me as a private tutor for music theory/aural skills/class piano/music lit for another 4 years, but the one thing they didn't have is tech-related courses, so I'm relatively helpless in the studio. If you were in the Chicago area, I'd totally trade ZQuest lessons for studio tips.
  • Avaro likes this

#7 metalnerdmikey

metalnerdmikey

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:04 PM

This is somehow both very specific and very vague.

So far, it sounds like you're aiming for a project manager role. It's true that past attempts to do things like that haven't worked very well around here, but I think it can happen depending on the amount of work you do yourself. People are often willing to collaborate and share the load of a large project, but they usually won't just do somebody else's work for them.

It's good that the project seems open to input, and giving collaborators a say is helpful in getting them in the first place. It's clear you've thought through many aspects of the project, but where it's kind of vague is the look and the story. You say "Zelda-like experience," but I'm not sure how Zelda-based you want this to be in either regard. Will the game have Triforce items and emblems all over, or are you looking for original items and visuals that only function similarly? Will the story even feature Link and Zelda, or will it be entirely original characters?

What I can say in regard to the first point is that the ZC program itself has been trying to assemble an original tileset for a long time through open assets submissions, so that it can be distributed free of Nintendo content, but that hasn't exactly happened yet, so you might be setting your hopes too high if you're hoping for entirely original art. Your idea of piecing together the consistent parts of existing tilesets is probably the option you'll end up having to choose, especially if you're planning a lengthy quest with a variety of areas and mechanics. But you should at least have an idea of how you want the visuals to look, even if it's as general as "traditional NES," "LttP-style," "SD3-style," or whatever. That alone can tell potential artists plenty, and give them some idea if they'd be a match for the project.

What's actually amusing... I did an AFA in music at an NASM-certified college, and I apparently did good enough in the classes that they hired me as a private tutor for music theory/aural skills/class piano/music lit for another 4 years, but the one thing they didn't have is tech-related courses, so I'm relatively helpless in the studio. If you were in the Chicago area, I'd totally trade ZQuest lessons for studio tips.

Yeah its kept vague because im keeping it kinda close to the chest as well. Mainly because ive talked to a couple game devs in the past about my game idea projects (including john romero himself for a doomlike idea that he really liked but they are working on 3 projects currently already) and he gave me some good advice about keeping it kinda in the air until people come toyou just so you can kinda weed out (for lack of better term) the people who just pop in and just use your own ideas. Avataro here as already planted the seed for my discord which is now open so if you are interested in hearing more or even a super condensed story version and then a super condensed mechanics writeup id be happy to send ti to you as well. My main concerns is the actual world size and scrolling/camera type stuff involved that would give a big portion of the games feel and style being feasible, but I do have ideas for workarounds. As I said earlier, I could just start a project with people in game maker (and actually got offered to start this one on game maker but the dudes i was talking to ended up being super sketchy about the information I was providing) and had the great idea of seeing if it can be done in ZC specifically because A) it was one of the first game engines I got into and experienced, and B) I think it would be a great accomplishment to show how "easy" it is to actually make your own game, especially with a community of peoples as passionate about ZC as this community is, and especially with the challenges the engine provides. Kindof a show off of technical and stylized knowledge of how to do things with lesser, If that makes sense. Point being, it would be a great way to showcase what people can do in this community with the tools given to us, and I want everyone to shine...not just me and my idea.

As for the tileset problem you mentioned, I was thinking about this being the early "version" of the full game. Like a skeleton build of sorts to show the ideas off and to use already existing tilesets to set the stage to move the project onto bigger platforms (if it were to ever catch on). There is a whole plan to this to make it bigger than what we are talking about here (which I dont mind sharing with you in private), but I just think ZC is the perfect platform to get started in, especially with the community it has. You guys have been nothing but awesome to me both in the past, and currently. I wanted the idea to be darker, so perhaps a bs zelda like template, a more SNES style tileset would work with a bit more detail, but unless someone joins the project to design their own tileset to use for this project we would have to rely on whats available (which no doubt would work as some poeple are especially talented at hybridizing the tilesets available) but again, if this needs to be a barebones skeleton version fo the whole project until improvements can be made then so be it. I have no real time frame as of right this second to release so it could be gradual, the important thing to me is that the idea is being worked on and made with love and heart.

And for studio stuff? I could literally show you tutorials ive learned from that teach ALOT of what you want to try to do, but honestly most of what ive learned as self taught just by me screwing around, I myself am a vocalist so I mainly specialize in vocal processing, but I use the program FL STUDIO 20 and kontakt to use simulated instruments to make most of my music now. The sound quality is exactly what you would hear in the bloodborne and dark souls 3 OST's. all it takes is just having the programs and learning how to process them. You havea  background in music so I dont doubt for a second you can actually compose. If you like actually writing music in notation you can even use programs like guitar pro which uses simulated instruments to easily jot down ideas for later composition. Just depends what you wanna do, but like I said before, im more than happy to help out anyone who helps me out, even a little bit. Its all about building relationships.

and the idea would be using SOME zelda like mechanics, like some puzzle solving elements, item usage (albeit a little tweaked if possible) and a "stamina" system if it can be managed. The characters would all be original. But at its heart a VERY zelda like experience.

If you like metal music at all you can check this link out to hear what the instruments have the ability to sound like. Everything was done by myself and my homie Chris who then took ti to his band mate to master but all the instruments are emulated and fake EXCEPT the guitar solo tracks. I rushed the vocals for the release so im not too happy with how they came out but the point is this is all in house with plugins and a basic, but focused, knowledge of processing.

https://www.youtube....DYFt99wO0&t=25s

and if you listen closely to alot of the songs melodies you can hear zelda, chrono trigger, and megaman ish inspiration.

Edited by metalnerdmikey, 16 July 2019 - 11:29 PM.

#8 metalnerdmikey

metalnerdmikey

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:35 PM

oh and by the way Lut, your quests look amazing. Ill have to try them out. I like what i see.

#9 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:00 PM

Yeah its kept vague because im keeping it kinda close to the chest as well.

Yeah I get that. Don't wanna have your original ideas suddenly appear in some other product before you even finish your own.

But things directly related to what people might be contributing, such as sprites and tiles for original characters or settings, are rather essential if you're looking for any response more specific than "yeah I can draw." Things related to the scale of the quest or amount of original content intended are useful too.

There's ways to give generalized descriptions that don't necessarily betray content. Referencing existing styles and story scopes is probably the easiest one, but there's others depending on what you're looking for.

Avataro here as already planted the seed for my discord which is now open so if you are interested in hearing more or even a super condensed story version and then a super condensed mechanics writeup id be happy to send ti to you as well.

I'm just about at the breaking point of adding new servers. I've been turning down invites to very specialized private ones because I can't keep up with the ones I've already joined. But more and more I've been thinking of saying "fuck it" and overloading the list.

Though just to be clear, before you do that, it's highly likely I can't be an active contributor. Server lists aren't the only thing I'm overloaded with, so I'd probably make a few comments on the story or resource goals and that would be it.

My main concerns is the actual world size and scrolling/camera type stuff involved that would give a big portion of the games feel and style being feasible, but I do have ideas for workarounds. As I said earlier, I could just start a project with people in game maker (and actually got offered to start this one on game maker but the dudes i was talking to ended up being super sketchy about the information I was providing) and had the great idea of seeing if it can be done in ZC specifically because A) it was one of the first game engines I got into and experienced, and B) I think it would be a great accomplishment to show how "easy" it is to actually make your own game, especially with a community of peoples as passionate about ZC as this community is, and especially with the challenges the engine provides. Kindof a show off of technical and stylized knowledge of how to do things with lesser, If that makes sense. Point being, it would be a great way to showcase what people can do in this community with the tools given to us, and I want everyone to shine...not just me and my idea.

Scrolling camera in ZC is still a highly specialized quasi-hack job that requires recoding an absurd amount of base engine elements.

You can check the scrolling demo topic in the development forum to see what progress is being made in the alphas for the next version of ZC, but unless you're going to dive deep into programming, you're best off accepting the current screen-by-screen system.

As for the tileset problem you mentioned, I was thinking about this being the early "version" of the full game. Like a skeleton build of sorts to show the ideas off and to use already existing tilesets to set the stage to move the project onto bigger platforms (if it were to ever catch on).

A thing like that could work. I mean, 50 Shades Of Grey started as a Twilight fanfic after all  :derp:

Also worth noting, the thing I mentioned about ZC trying to replace Nintendo content with original assets is so that it can be distributed as a legit infringement-free game engine. I believe the intent of the development team is that games using the engine in conjunction with original content could be distributed on platforms like Steam, so if the engine ends up being able to deliver everything you want, you might not need to port the project to another engine after all.

I wanted the idea to be darker, so perhaps a bs zelda like template, a more SNES style tileset would work with a bit more detail, but unless someone joins the project to design their own tileset to use for this project we would have to rely on whats available (which no doubt would work as some poeple are especially talented at hybridizing the tilesets available) but again, if this needs to be a barebones skeleton version fo the whole project until improvements can be made then so be it.

Dance Of Remembrance: Hybrid is one of the most graphically advanced tilesets available, and happens to include a number of LttP resources, including all 4 dungeon sets (though, like most tilesets, their tiles are off and need adjustment).

And, as the name implies, there's many things from other games too. It helps if you're familiar with the sources of the graphics, so that they're best matched in the scenes you make. Not everything in the set automatically fits together well.

One thing it doesn't have much of, though, is BS Zelda. To that extent, the BSMC beta by Jared is the best adaptation of those resources to ZC that I've seen. There's only one dungeon set though, which afaik is the main reason it's still beta. Palettes lean toward the bright side, but those are easily adjusted.

and the idea would be using SOME zelda like mechanics, like some puzzle solving elements, item usage (albeit a little tweaked if possible) and a "stamina" system if it can be managed. The characters would all be original. But at its heart a VERY zelda like experience.

Stamina systems are fairly common in ZC, though they way they are done is simply by repurposing the magic meter and giving items magic costs. Forgotten Hero, released just a few days ago, is the latest quest to do such a thing.

Now, if you want magic and stamina, that'll be a much taller order.

And for studio stuff? I could literally show you tutorials ive learned from that teach ALOT of what you want to try to do, but honestly most of what ive learned as self taught just by me screwing around, I myself am a vocalist so I mainly specialize in vocal processing, but I use the program FL STUDIO 20 and kontakt to use simulated instruments to make most of my music now. The sound quality is exactly what you would hear in the bloodborne and dark souls 3 OST's. all it takes is just having the programs and learning how to process them. You havea  background in music so I dont doubt for a second you can actually compose. If you like actually writing music in notation you can even use programs like guitar pro which uses simulated instruments to easily jot down ideas for later composition. Just depends what you wanna do, but like I said before, im more than happy to help out anyone who helps me out, even a little bit. Its all about building relationships.

Nice, well actually composing is the main reason I did the music program, unlike most people I wasn't interested in being a performer. Focused on piano as "major instrument" so I could put compositions into the computer using a MIDI keyboard easier than writing note-by-note. I did take voice lessons for 3 semesters, but that and aural skills are the only 2 classes I ever got B's in, so I'll take that as a sign :P

I'm vaguely familiar with FruityLoops/FL Studio, mostly by virtue of half the musicians I know having used it at some point. I ended up with Ableton Live 9 Suite, thanks to student discount making that cheaper than normal version, but just haven't gotten much done with it. Really hard to just open a thing of that scope and get going, but that's getting kinda off-topic for this thread. Would be interested in seeing what tutorials worked for you though.

If you like metal music at all you can check this link out to hear what the instruments have the ability to sound like. Everything was done by myself and my homie Chris who then took ti to his band mate to master but all the instruments are emulated and fake EXCEPT the guitar solo tracks. I rushed the vocals for the release so im not too happy with how they came out but the point is this is all in house with plugins and a basic, but focused, knowledge of processing.

https://www.youtube....DYFt99wO0&t=25s

and if you listen closely to alot of the songs melodies you can hear zelda, chrono trigger, and megaman ish inspiration.

Yeah I'd say I have a fair bit of metal in my collection heh.

On first skim, it sounds pretty good. I'll give it a proper listen in a day or two, but I can at least say now I'd be plenty happy if I got a final mix on par with that one.

oh and by the way Lut, your quests look amazing. Ill have to try them out. I like what i see.

Oh, well they're pretty straight-forward NES-style quests, but I'm actually pushing 2.53 updates for both of them within the week, so maybe wait for those to go live before playing.

#10 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:22 PM

I don't know if I'd like to commit to such a thing, but I am definitely willing to answer questions on how to do some things in ZC.

I think I know quite a lot about the ZC editor since I try to do as much as I can unscripted. I've even wanted to do tutorials at some point, but just have struggled to find time to do it.

I also consider myself pretty good with ideas and story.
I'll let you know if I decide that I can commit to helping, but I believe I'd be flaky at best.

#11 metalnerdmikey

metalnerdmikey

• Members

Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:45 PM

I don't know if I'd like to commit to such a thing, but I am definitely willing to answer questions on how to do some things in ZC.

I think I know quite a lot about the ZC editor since I try to do as much as I can unscripted. I've even wanted to do tutorials at some point, but just have struggled to find time to do it.

I also consider myself pretty good with ideas and story.
I'll let you know if I decide that I can commit to helping, but I believe I'd be flaky at best.

Id be more than happy to have you tag along on the adventure. it will be a learning experience for me as well so im not going to shy away form saying that I need all the help I can get. PM me and ill give you the discord link.

#12 metalnerdmikey

metalnerdmikey

• Members

Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:01 PM

Yeah I get that. Don't wanna have your original ideas suddenly appear in some other product before you even finish your own.

Im just gonna quote this so you get the mention but to go over your latest post:

The problem id have with referencing anything is that everything ive seen (so far) has been on the lighter side, which is ok. As I said a barebones skeleton look for a project just to work with game ideas and mechanics would serve just as well so no definitive direction is really needed right now (unless someone comes along that actually has the talent to make it) so all i can really relay (in reference to this community and its assets) is just an overall "darker" look. I saw some graveyard tilesets and decrepit forests/dungeons ones before but I dont remember where I saw them but they were for sure ZC assets.

As for scrolling, screen by screen is fine with me, but scrolling would make for better boss fight potential and bigger sprites, not to mention works better with the idea of area affect like item-spells.

Stamina and Magic bars being separate is a possibility, but one workaround idea I had with that is that stamina (magic bar) correlating to attacks and dodge rolling (if it can be done) and magic affecting the actual vitality of a player, kindof a high risk high reward kind of mechanic, the worlds story idea has to do with souls much like in the dark souls series only souls not only benefit the player to increase stats (or in this case hearts, and certain equipment level ups) but benefit the player my increasing their vitality (hearts or hit points if it can be done that way) to actually use and cast the item-spells.

I even had the idea to replace scrolling boss fight scenario with screen transitions acting as boss "phases" in some way. Let me ask you this, is there a way to load multiple quest projects at the same time? Like lets say I have 3 loaded in tandem. First one plays through and acts as its own "cinematic" data set, then moves into actual game content, and then the third would be like end game choice different from another game choice to play out an ending. I know know there is limits to how much data and map you can make in one project, unless im mistaken.

For the music stuff, in my discord ive turned off repeated notifications so if you happen to join up i dont think it would overwhelm you, youd just have to check in to see if some new stuff is posted but id make just a music section to talk about tutorials and stuff, id show you some any way you want anyway, be it thru DM here or there, whatever works for you, and in response to how much youd help, ANY amount would be fine. Ill take what I can get. Not like I think everyone should drop what they are doing and do THIS project, but I do think that my project would be something worthwhile and VERY ambitious and if done well and right, would be a stepping stone for the ZC community for sure. Im that confident in it. Abelton is a good DAW, ive used it before. as long as kontakt is functioning well with it and you have a midi connected to some sort of piano roll interface in Abelton then I could literally send you instruments to use and compressors and whatever.

#13 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:23 PM

Let me ask you this, is there a way to load multiple quest projects at the same time?

Not really, it'll make the most sense to make everything in 1 file, so it can all properly connect. I wouldn't worry about map count, there's a 255 max atm and multiple maps can be combined if they fit too.

#14 metalnerdmikey

metalnerdmikey

• Members

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:30 PM

255 individual screens? and when you say multiple do you mean multiple 255's? Thats quite a bit mroe than what im used to with ZC the latest updates must have greatly improved the capabilities of the engine, but like i said earlier its been a while since i actually got to play any newer quests.

#15 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:37 PM

I meant maps. Each map can have a maximum of 128 screens.

Also there is a link to a nice ZC 2.50 tutorial: https://www.purezc.n...?page=tutorials

Edited by Avataro, 17 July 2019 - 07:48 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Quest Idea, Help, Proposal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users