Photo

Screenshot of the Week 484

Dwarlen Zahalfor Evan20000 Twilight-Prince

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 484 (77 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

Zahalfor - Those colors are seriously hurting my eyes. Are those sprite CSets? If so, there's your problem. This screen needs quite a bit of clean up.

Dwarlen - Gets my vote this week. It's nice looking, detailed, and uses all of the screen to make it look nice.

Evan20k - Honestly not a fan of it. Sure, there's a cool looking boss on the top left corner, but the rest of the screen looks otherwise fairly bland.

Twilight-Prince: Similar to Evan's it only uses one section of the screen, and sticks to that section as the focus. It'd be nicer if there were some more detail on the top half to balance out the detail on the bottom half.

~ Seriously all hurting my eyes"   All Four of the screen shots here need a clean up!'

(-I'll have to remember that one Lolz.')  

for every screenshot of the week here from now on.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 03 December 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#32 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:49 PM

Come on Evan... I know you can do good screens, just need to get in the zone man. It's all about the music you listen to when creating the screens! People still don't get this.

• Demonlink likes this

#33 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:24 PM

~ Seriously all hurting my eyes"   All Four of the screen shots here need a clean up!'

(-I'll have to remember that one Lolz.')  

for every screenshot of the week here from now on.

IDGI, this has nothing to do with what Nexas said. Because he explicitly stated only one screen hurts his eyes due to the colours used, he didn't say all the shots did nor did he say they need a clean up. But I'm glad you've decided from now on, promote clean, non-eye-straining screen design, that's always a good thing. :P

But yeah, I have to agree with Nexas somewhat. Funky surreal colours can work, but not if they jarring and not using the right Csets. There's a palette in the Dance of Remembrance tileset anyway that would be perfect for a magical garden. I think it was calling "Shrooming"? It's a neat surreal palette to be certain. :)

• Haylee likes this

#34 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:45 AM

Nice screenshots! :)

My favourite this week is the pic from Twilight Prince. Nice ground-designing! :D

• Twilight-Prince likes this

#35 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

Zahalfor - Symmetrical design is all right.  Good graphical choices.  Colors are a bit too on the tart side for me.  I'd be curious what an earthier version of this would look like.  But overall, it's not bad.

Dwarlen - Nice hole.  I really like how you make it darker as you look down it.  It certainly makes it feel scary.  The general dark palette of the screen, along with the design leading toward the hole compliments it very well.

Evan20000 - This screen certainly wins in many respects.  I like the custom boss.  I like your scripting skills.  It looks fun to play.  It shows many of your capabilities.  However, it just doesn't live up to your screen design potential, so it doesn't win SotW 484.  The screen design itself is not all that interesting, and for something like this, I can imagine it being difficult to make a very nice screen for it.  Most of the space is needed for an open ground for what seems like a battle that requires most or all of it.  This is where subtle ground details are relied on a lot, in order to keep it very walkable yet still very arid.

Twilight-Prince - The general design feels awkward to me.  I'm not sure how I feel exactly about the positioning of the treehouse, but I suppose knowing what is in the screen to the right would answer that question.  I think the grass details are the best thing this screen has going for it.  I see four open corners, so that only works if the surrounding screens are similarly very open.  Let's hope we don't get stuck in that treehouse or those slash bushes when entering from the right and down, respectively.  It all shows that this tileset can range widely on appeal.

The answer is Dwarlen.

• Twilight-Prince, Lightwulf and Evan20000 like this

#36 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:30 AM

IDGI, this has nothing to do with what Nexas said. Because he explicitly stated only one screen hurts his eyes due to the colours used, he didn't say all the shots did nor did he say they need a clean up. But I'm glad you've decided from now on, promote clean, non-eye-straining screen design, that's always a good thing. :P

But yeah, I have to agree with Nexas somewhat. Funky surreal colours can work, but not if they jarring and not using the right Csets. There's a palette in the Dance of Remembrance tileset anyway that would be perfect for a magical garden. I think it was calling "Shrooming"? It's a neat surreal palette to be certain. :)

Everyscreen shot was very good this time with landscape, and you all voted for a Hole in the ground with not a clue for being a complete landscape and probs the most less of landscape this time around as what the hole is, as it's excuse is being Diagonal and everyone bought it ups.

Zahalfor

Is the winner and you all know it.*

I'm still going to do what i'm going to do by

saying you all choose the 'darkest looking picture' in all the screenshots with the highest vote even though it does not look the best.

The Best judges should Cut the corners in their votes instead of basing it in the worst possible manner.

(The highest vote for the pick with the worst color scheme ..)

So it is questionable at most, no matter how you paint it - The people seem to have voted based upon the most faded of colors.

This time and some others in the past or the Shot with the most of less color this time. 

As it's a complaint over color and plainess this time around.

You are all clearly being random even though you gave cheesy liking to everyones pic, you still choose the dark hole because it represents emptyness in all your votes.

If making a big empty HOLE that takes up the whole picture in a screenshot is what it takes to win a contest.

No offense to everybody Intended by me, I think very very deeply about things and it's what people really should try doing.

I see symbolism

in screenshots as it is called Freemasonry.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 05 December 2014 - 04:48 AM.

#37 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:48 AM

Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. :) I liked "the hole in the ground" for its dark mysterious atmosphere and logical design choices, the colours are easy to see, and weren't sharp and painful. You don't have to agree with me, much like I don't have to agree with you, but let's not go about degrading shots, votes and opinions in that kind of manner please. :(

But yes, I agree. I am random, and the dark empty pit does match my heart and soul very much. :P

Edited by Shane, 05 December 2014 - 04:49 AM.

• Lightwulf and Demonlink like this

#38 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:58 AM

Everyscreen shot was very good this time with landscape, and you all voted for a Hole in the ground with not a clue for being a complete landscape and probs the most less of landscape this time around as what the hole is, as it's excuse is being Diagonal and everyone bought it ups.

Zahalfor

Is the winner and you all know it.*

I'm still going to do what i'm going to do by

saying you all choose the 'darkest looking picture' in all the screenshots with the highest vote even though it does not look the best.

The Best judges should Cut the corners in their votes instead of basing it in the worst possible manner.

(The highest vote for the pick with the worst color scheme ..)

So it is questionable at most, no matter how you paint it - The people seem to have voted based upon the most faded of colors.

This time and some others in the past or the Shot with the most of less color this time. 

As it's a complaint over color and plainess this time around.

You are all clearly being random even though you gave cheesy liking to everyones pic, you still choose the dark hole because it represents emptyness in all your votes.

If making a big empty HOLE that takes up the whole picture in a screenshot is what it takes to win a contest.

No offense to everybody Intended by me, I think very very deeply about things and it's what people really should try doing.

I see symbolism

in screenshots as it is called Freemasonry.

This post is completely unacceptable. You're obviously entitled to your own opinions, but what you've done here is undermine everyone else's by telling them they're wrong and they don't know what they're talking about. This is not how anyone should be acting in this thread or any thread and I want it to stop right now.

The staff are currently deciding on a potential punishment.

• Shane, Eddy, Jared and 2 others like this

#39 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:38 AM

I don't think sky actually had any intention on being offensive. She hasn't been around here long, but I already got the feeling that she is just being "sky". Whatever I mean by that.

I don't think her behaviour warrants a punishment Moosh and I feel you overreacted just a little. But a friendly warning about tact would help her.

Least you forget, I had to be warned about tact a few times here before it started to sink in.
  • EpY likes this

#40 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:10 AM

Ironically, I voted for Dwarlen because of what was around the hole. :3
  • Shane and Lightwulf like this

#41 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:16 AM

I voted for Dwarlin, but the Trinexx script looks neat, and I like that you can use the hookshot on it.

#42 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

With 59.09% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 484 is Dwarlen!

Dwarlen.png

Congratulations!

Voting results:

- Zahalfor (7 votes [10.61%])

- Dwarlen (39 votes [59.09%])
- Evan20000 (16 votes [24.24%])
- Twilight-Prince (4 votes [6.06%])

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dwarlen, Zahalfor, Evan20000, Twilight-Prince

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users