Photo

Screenshot of the Week 384

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 384 (41 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

Dragonite
IPB Image
It is beginning to be that time of year again...

Lightwulf
IPB Image
You don't wanna' mess with Ventus. (This is a shot from my new Demo 2.1, coming out in the Expo.)

Octorockoncrack
IPB Image
Back with more stuff that looks better in motion...

William
IPB Image
I'm not back, I just had a week off from responsibility and decided to mess around on ZQuest for an hour.

Guardian
IPB Image
Hi. Bye.

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

Lightwulf
IPB Image

By far the most creative out of the bunch this week, I am looking really forward to this quest. icon_smile.gif 10/10

Octorockoncrack
IPB Image

I see a ton of potential in this screen, and the fact that it is in an actual quest just makes it better.
Maybe you could add some Bari/Biri in there somewhere? icon_razz.gif 8/10

William
IPB Image.

The mountains look terrible, the trees are gross, but this does not COMPLETELY destroy the screen.
I'll give 6/10 for structure, 1/10 for graphics.

Guardian
IPB Image

This screen certainly has alot of potential, but those mountains still don't really fit. icon_frown.gif 7.5/10

Edited by Dragonite, 16 October 2012 - 11:46 AM.

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

I voted for Guardian, I really like the mountains and MC/DoR hybrid trees, they feel unique.

#4 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Voted for Jared, glad those mountains still came in handy for you. icon_smile.gif

#5 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

I sent one in as well and it isn't up.

#6 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

Dragonite - Looks like one among many, as most overworld screens should be (with the exception of the gate, which brings some uniqueness to it). Good GB design.

Lightwulf - Not the most interesting thing to look at, but it's certainly functional for a very open styled screen.

Octorockoncrack - The details are good for something that is very open. Simple in concept, but effective.

William - It's very good. All I can do is enjoy what I see. I voted for this one.

Guardian - I like this one as well. Like most screens in an overworld, there won't be too much to say about it, but it does the job it intends to do.

It's nice to see a lot of open screens for a change. People are feeling less obligated to do too much within one screen (and let's face it, Z1 screens are pretty small), going back to the basics in concept and just running with it without feeling too stressed about it. Nice screens don't necessarily have to do a lot, as most screens in an entire overworld (and even in dungeons) are not going to be critical points, as you see with the screens by Octorockoncrack and Guardian. It's nice to see what people can do with non-critical points too. If you try to make every screen (or even a slight majority of them) seem significant, you will never get a project done, right?

#7 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

I love the mood set by Dragonite's and Octorock's shots (assuming Octo's is underwater). I hope to play quests with these screens at some point!

#8 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Dragonite - 14 votes = 38.89%
Lightwulf - 3 votes = 8.33%
Octorockoncrack - 3 votes = 8.33%
William - 9 votes = 25.00%
Guardian - 7 votes = 19.44%

Total Votes: 36

Dragonite
IPB Image
It is beginning to be that time of year again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users