Photo

Screenshot of the Week 216

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Poll: SoTW (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE(TriMaster001 @ Jun 22 2008, 11:45 AM) View Post

Uhh... I'm using a Custom Subscreen... icon_confused2.gif

The reason why the trees are a little clumped up on the bottom right is becasue south of that screen is a forest.

i know you're using a custom subscreen (but it's still laid out like Z1, which is bland and boring to me)
your subscreen is fine though. icon_razz.gif the subscreen can't kill a shot, unless it really really tries.

#17 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:14 PM

voted xiion. icon_cool.gif

...Would that be a certain ellipse effect I see? That certainly shouldn't be combos being used.

#18 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:21 PM

My vote goes to Twilight_Knight because of the sprites used and screen layout.

#19 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:26 PM

I voted for TriMaster001, it's just a great looking screenshot. icon_thumbsup.gif

#20 Xiion

Xiion

Senior

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:00 PM

Heh... I will admit, I submitted this screen as a bit of a joke, just to see how people would react icon_biggrin.gif It's interesting to see how people respond to something completely off the wall...

And for those who are wondering, yes, that is a somewhat primitive lantern script I've got mostly working, just need to clean up some details with it before I share it...

Not actually sure which of the other three I would vote for myself... They're all about the same really...

#21 Zelda fan gamer

Zelda fan gamer

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:25 AM

My vote goes to TriMaster001, I realy like that palette. The others were great to, but TriMaster001's was a little bit nicer than the others.icon_razz.gif

~ZFG~

Edited by Zelda fan gamer, 23 June 2008 - 03:26 AM.

#22 Cameron

Cameron

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:13 PM

dlbrooks34
- Great shot! But some of the house combos don't quite fit right.
TriMaster001
- This got my vote. All the tiles flow and it seems very zelda-esque.
Twilight_Knight
- Very close to getting my vote, but it was... um... I don't know Ijust liked the other one better.
xiion - 3/10
- No comment on this one. icon_unsettled.gif

#23 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:51 PM

This was a really difficult set of entries to judge.

dlbrooks34
Your screen is colorful, but I didn't like the design all that much.

TriMaster001
Well designed and well tiled, but it's not an interesting screen. :-\

Twilight_Knight
Hmm... Ahh... Meh... Good all in all, but seems squarish.

xiion
If only I knew...

Voted for dlbrooks34.

#24 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:09 PM

Really a mixed bag this week. I didn't see anything that really made any of these shots great.
dlbrooks34 - 6/10
I like what you were attempting with this shot, which was a cramped city, but it looks very unnatural and has poor design as well as a dull palette. icon_unsettled.gif
TriMaster001- 7/10
The design is solid, but not very interesting. Got a pretty palette, though.
Twilight_Knight- 5/10
This shot could've won- it definitely had the best feel out of the four. icon_frown.gif Unfortunately, I feel the random tree variety and the straight, monotonous use off the cliffs and river really took away this shot's potential.
xiion - 1/10
Well, it was risky, I'll give it that.

#25 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:19 AM

dlbrooks34
Interesting design ideas, but that pallette doesn't really look that good, detracting rom the image.

TriMaster001
Looks really nicely done, and the design is good, but the mass ammount of trees in the bottom right doesn't help the shot.

Twilight_Knight
Beautiful shot that's both colourful and nicely designed. My only problem is that it seems a little to crowded, and seems like you can't move around too much. Still, very nicely done. *Vote*

xiion
Seems like an interesting thing you've got going, but the fact that there's nothing to really look at doesn't make it a very good SotW shot. Sorry, man.

#26 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:29 AM

@Nicklegends: Boxy? How?

@Ebola Zaire: Random tree variaty? Absolutely not, the "hanging" GB trees are this area only, and the other trees are the standards. So I don't get what you mean, also, the cliffs are cliffs because they are quite straight, if you want to see big mountain areas of mine, this is not the area. The river is indeed straight, but I couldn't really help that. Also, where's your Knights of Cydonia avatar? I liked that one.

@blaman: Thanks, this is probably one of the most crowded screens of the area, so I guess I just submitted the wrong screen.

#27 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE(Twilight_Knight @ Jun 29 2008, 07:29 AM) View Post

@Ebola Zaire: Random tree variaty? Absolutely not, the "hanging" GB trees are this area only, and the other trees are the standards. So I don't get what you mean, also, the cliffs are cliffs because they are quite straight, if you want to see big mountain areas of mine, this is not the area. The river is indeed straight, but I couldn't really help that. Also, where's your Knights of Cydonia avatar? I liked that one.
Well, unfortunately, this is Shot of the Week, not Map of the Week, so I can't really judge how you've mixed trees outside of this little box. icon_shrug.gif SotW is all about form over function (at least in my opinion) so that's how I judge them.

#28 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:04 PM

This week's winner is TriMaster001! Congrats on the win this week! And I will be posting SotW 217 shortly.

Also, I know I was usually the one to do this, but /M/, can you change the sub topic to say, "This week's winner is TriMaster001." I guess I was only able to do that as a mod lol. Thanks.

#29 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:21 PM

I guess my newest SoD 2.5 Enhanced Project paid off screenshot wise! icon_razz.gif

Yes! I think that's my 5th or 6th Win. Nothing from me for a while. I rarely submit to SotW.

And by the way, the Japanese caption on my screenie is "My Lips are Sealed" in English. Just to point out if you were wondering. icon_wink.gif

#30 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

Wait, I see that TM's was put up on the front page, why wasn't mine from last week? That's REALLY disappointing... icon_frown.gif

Edited by ZebraStallion, 02 July 2008 - 10:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users