• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#31 theplustwo

theplustwo

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 12 September 2003 - 08:48 AM

Offcenter Shutters

1. To make "offcenter" shutters, first simply make each part of the opened shutter door. Set the 'Next' combo of each of these parts to the corresponding closed part of the shutter door. 2. When no animation is given to a combo, that combo will cycle imediately after Link completely appears on screen.
3. Place the opened shutter parts 2 tiles away from the edge of the screen where you would like the shutters to be. Also place the overhead doorway parts to each shutter doorway.
4. Place any flags 16-31 on each part of the opened shutter door combos. Set each of those flags' secret combos to appropriate opened door combos that do not cycle.
5. If you want them to be like normal shutters, check the "enemies-secrets" screen flag or make a weapon trigger on that screen that will open that shutter.
6. Try out your quest; since Link walks two spaces automatically in dungeon dmaps, he will automatically walk past the shutter doorway and the shutter will not close until it is behind Link (in dungeon dmaps, combos do not cycle until Link is beyond the invisible barrier).

#32 theplustwo

theplustwo

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 12 September 2003 - 09:05 AM

Door Combos

Editing Door Combo Sets
1. Go to Quest, Graphics, Door Combo Sets
2. Here you edit templates for putting in auto Door Combos; these are the combos placed by going to Tools, Doors.
3. Double click <new door combo set>.
4. On the first page, you can give the door combo set a name. You can also the check "Walk. Trans." option
5. On the second page, set the combos for each part of each type of door. These are the combos that appear when you set the door types of North doors in Dungeon dmaps. The combo under walk is the combo that appears over seemingly solid walls when using the lens of truth on a "walk thru" door combo. It lets the player know that he/she can actually walk through the wall. For each type of door, you must select the combos used for that door and also the combos for when that door is opened.
6. On the next three page, set the parts of each door combo as you did before; page 3 is foor south doors, 4 is for West doors, and 5 is for East doors.
7. Use the original door combo set that appears with the graphics pack you are using for an example as to how to precisely set up the door combos correctly.

Putting in Door Combos in Dungeons
1. Go to a map where one of your dungeons is.
2. Go to tools, then doors.
3. A menu will come up prompting you to choose a door combo set. Use the pull down menu to select the name of the door combo set you want to use the door combos from for the current screen. Select the door combo set & press enter.
4. Then click on one of the four rectangles symbolic of the foor doors.
5. Finally, you are prompted to select what door combo you want to set the door to. You can select a regular wall, a passage Link can walk through, a locked door which Link must unlock with a key, a shutter that closes when Link steps into the room & opens when blocks are pushed or all enemies are killed, a bombable wall, a wall you can actually walkthrough, a 1 way shutter which closes perminantly once Link enters the room, or a locked boss door which Link can only unlock once Link finds the dmap's boss key.
6. When you select one of the 8 door types, a set of combos automatically appears using those combos set in the currently selected door combo set. Press ok to save the changes to the doors or press cancel if you do not want to keep those door combos.
7. If later you decided to change the door combo you had already set, you may but if you do not want any door combos, you must select the wall combo before replacing the combos with your own. In other words, when there is any other door type set, you cannot replace it with combos manually until it is set as a wall combo.

#33 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 16 July 2004 - 12:03 PM

I have finished up my tutorial. I have also found a host at ZCW to actually host the site. That's right, you can now view the whole thing while on the web. You no longer have to actually download it (though you can at an url at the bottom of the Table of Contents). Not only that, the tutorial is in a .exe file, which makes it easier to save the files in the location of the computer you want (it's default is C:/Zelda Classic).
Some updates:
1. I have fixed some of the visual errors.
2. I have fixed some errors with the flag list.
3. Added several things, such as NPCs, a note about warps, using the Lens as an advantage, and some tips.
4. Made an intro.
You can find the site here.
Or download it here.

#34 Guest_Voom (Guest)

Guest_Voom (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:41 PM

hurray for more tutorials!

Thanks so much for putting all this work into it, too, It's really helping me out. icon_wink.gif

#35 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:53 PM

I think this helps people out quite a bit. Anyways, so it doesn't get lost over time, I'll pin it.

#36 Guest_Person_Currently_Existing (Guest)

Guest_Person_Currently_Existing (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:22 PM

icon_thumbsup.gif its really helpful!

#37 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:32 PM

Please don't revive topics older than 30 days, PCE. icon_wink.gif Thanks. icon_smile.gif

That's just a reminder... you aren't in trouble. You can post in pinned topics that are older than 30 days, but not regular ones. Jsut thought I'd let you know. icon_smile.gif

#38 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:47 PM

Poly, you forgot to tell Person Currently Existing that his sig is messed up...

#39 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 27 August 2004 - 08:26 PM

Umm, not to say this because it's my topic, but that was off topic. Poly just made that comment because he originally created his post saying PCE revived a topic, but since this was pinned, it's not really reviving it. Besides, it's not against the rules to have a messed up sig. icon_razz.gif Anyway, that comment was something more suitable for PM. icon_wink.gif

But, thank's for the opinion PCE. icon_wink.gif

#40 Lord Bowser

Lord Bowser

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:38 PM

^Is he allowed to do that?^

#41 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:01 PM

I assume you are refering to me, then that is yes, I am allowed to do that, as I am a moderator. icon_razz.gif

Anyway, I think this was locked before it was merged, so I'm going to relock it.

#42 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:46 AM

Revived to note that I have reuploaded the download for my tutorial on PureZC.

It can be accessed here. The online version probably won't be up until I finally get around to creating the 2.10 (or possibly above once I finally get to it).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users