NOT AGEN! PLZ HELP!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:46 PM

Radien said that. Also, don't double post on the forums. (Or lose your patience, for that matter.) Against forum policy.

Glad the issue has been solved.

>.<

#47 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, I did say a different DMap. I was very specific about it.

I'm glad my input helped solve the problem, but when the person I helped is so so caught up in expressing his frustration that he won't listen, it discourages me from helping out again. icon_confused.gif My post may have been long, but I didn't make it long for my health; I was taking the extra time to explain it in a way that wouldn't leave you confused or in-the-dark about anything. Please try to be a little more patient the next time you ask for help...

#48 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Aug 12 2007, 03:40 PM) View Post

Yeah, I did say a different DMap. I was very specific about it.

I'm glad my input helped solve the problem, but when the person I helped is so so caught up in expressing his frustration that he won't listen, it discourages me from helping out again. icon_confused.gif My post may have been long, but I didn't make it long for my health; I was taking the extra time to explain it in a way that wouldn't leave you confused or in-the-dark about anything. Please try to be a little more patient the next time you ask for help...

Yes but you used big words like "translucencies" and "its" (by the way ZC doesn't use "translucency", it's transparency. If something is translucent, it means light passes through it but the detail is lost. A plastic bag, frosted glass or a jellyfish is translucent, but not transparent).

But what are you gunna do... if the kid doesn't get it he doesn't get it. At least he got it working icon_wink.gif

#49 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Aug 12 2007, 11:35 PM) View Post

Yes but you used big words like "translucencies" and "its" (by the way ZC doesn't use "translucency", it's transparency. If something is translucent, it means light passes through it but the detail is lost. A plastic bag, frosted glass or a jellyfish is translucent, but not transparent).

But what are you gunna do... if the kid doesn't get it he doesn't get it. At least he got it working icon_wink.gif

Hehe, I'm being poked fun at for using "its" correctly without the apostrophe. icon_wink.gif

(Note: the rest of this post is all semantics, so consider it optional to read)

Translucency generally means the light has been distorted, yes, but that includes colors as well as shape. It's the closest term we have to describe what ZC does, which is basically a half-transparency. Transparency means "completely see-through," such as "transparent pixels" in a sprite. People commonly use the word "transparent" incorrectly in everyday life, because very few things are complete transparent.

The reason I say "translucent" instead of "transparent" when talking about ZC is because "transparent pixels" and "translucent layers" are different features in ZQuest. By the way, I've heard the term "translucency" used many times by the developers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users