Dance of Remembrance resolution

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:42 AM

(...or plot resolution, for that matter.)

So I just wanted to make a quick post about DoR for people who've been wondering what's been going on. First of all, if you haven't already heard about my hospital recovery, read this topic, or at least the first post.

Now, that said, 2010 has been a year of recovery for me. It's been very difficult to take a single college class, let alone work on a big creative project like a high-quality Zelda quest.

I know this delay has been frustrating to people who have been waiting a long time already. But I just want to remind you: everything in my life has effectively been on hold in that time. Not just the quest. The only forward progress I've made this year, if you don't count recovery, has been to barely pass one math class (which I'm going to retake later anyway).

However, I've had a resolution brewing in the back of my mind, and I think the start of 2011 will be a good time for it after all. My resolution is to get back into DoR by the start of the new year.

Surely, you've noticed by now that Christmas is a good time for DoR. The last tileset release came around then, with a winter theme to boot. For me, Christmastime and New Year's are a great time for nostalgia and enjoying little things like old video games. icon_biggrin.gif I know, video games aren't exactly an age-old tradition, but it's the era we're growing up in, right? Heck, our parents and/or grandparents get nostalgic about television, and back then everybody talked about how TV rots your brain... icon_heh.gif

Anyway, I may have to ease into this slowly, but look for new updates by or shortly after New Year's. Merry Christmas! icon_smile.gif

#2 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

The Giraffe

• Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:53 PM

I was going to make a topic asking what was up with DoR right before I read this. icon_razz.gif It's great to hear that you're still going with it, it's one of the few quests I'm looking forward to, however long it may take to get a release.

It makes me happy that you're making your way back into your normal life again. icon_biggrin.gif

#3 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:00 PM

Yes...

Hell yes!

HELL FREAKING YES!

Man knowing you're going to get back in business is wonderful! I look forward for questy stuff from you in the near future! icon_biggrin.gif

#4 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

Excellent! One of the most looked forward to quests is back in production! I can't wait to see some new stuff.

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE(Evile @ Dec 24 2010, 08:06 PM) View Post

Excellent! One of the most looked forward to quests is back in production! I can't wait to see some new stuff.

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say. It's great news, Radien! You know we all looked forward to that.

#6 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:03 AM

Thanks for the enthusiasm, guys. icon_smile.gif I have one or two things to take care of before the New Year, but I will let you all know when I've started making forward progress again (hopefully with pictures).

#7 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:27 PM

IPB Image

Glad to hear you've recovered enough to start getting back into this. I've been looking forward to this quest since I played that demo of Level 1 at the expo a few years back.

#8 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(Snarwin @ Dec 29 2010, 02:27 PM) View Post
IPB Image

Glad to hear you've recovered enough to start getting back into this. I've been looking forward to this quest since I played that demo of Level 1 at the expo a few years back.

Haha, thanks. And I can't imagine a better way to express enthusiasm than that pic. icon_lol.gif

#9 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:17 PM

Nice to hear that work on DoR is going to start up again. Funny how while Christmas time is good for inspiration for you, I've been trying (and failing) to get into the spirit of ZC... icon_sorry.gif

#10 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Dec 30 2010, 11:17 AM) View Post
Nice to hear that work on DoR is going to start up again. Funny how while Christmas time is good for inspiration for you, I've been trying (and failing) to get into the spirit of ZC... icon_sorry.gif

Well, it's good for motivation, and motivation can lead to inspiration. icon_smile.gif

So.... now that the new year is here, I thought I should mention that the release of a new ZC beta may be another reason for it to be a good time for DoR work to resume! I haven't tried it yet, but I believe it's being called a "stable beta," and I'm going to be optimistic and hope that that's a really good sign. Regardless, though, having a definite milestone to measure progress by makes it easier to settle on a version to use. Expect my first updates to describe my initial experience with the newest beta.

#11 MrMister

MrMister

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:29 AM

Good to hear Radien!

#12 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:30 AM

I could care less about DoR if you were still going through what you have been through. Your health and safety takes priority. Well, since you're making an exceptional recovery, that has been a major relief, and I look forward to future updates =)!

#13 Jared

Jared

Lost at sea

• Members

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

Wow, I never knew that happened to you, Radien. I'm so glad you're better, and DoR is coming back!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users