Photo

Screenshot of the Week 338

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (77 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#46 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Sep 27 2011, 04:55 PM) View Post
Wow. People sure are mad here.
It's my job to warn people when they break rules. I'm more frustrated than angry.

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Sep 27 2011, 04:55 PM) View Post
Also could someone change my vote to Rover? Is that even allowed?
I can, who did you vote for before? I just ask that this doesn't become a habit or anything, it's tedious and you should think about your vote enough that it hopefully won't have to be changed.

#47 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

I don't get what's so great about Rovers shot myself. It was obviously a joke, and all the immature members fall into it. It's not funny, and makes screens like mine look bad.

#48 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Sep 27 2011, 05:17 PM) View Post

I don't get what's so great about Rovers shot myself. It was obviously a joke, and all the immature members fall into it. It's not funny, and makes screens like mine look bad.

Calm down Jared. SotW is supposed to be fun and not prestigious.

#49 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Sep 27 2011, 03:57 PM) View Post

I can, who did you vote for before? I just ask that this doesn't become a habit or anything, it's tedious and you should think about your vote enough that it hopefully won't have to be changed.

I voted for linktopower. I won't be making this a habit. I actually completely missed Rover's shot while voting...icon_confused.gif

QUOTE(Jared @ Sep 27 2011, 04:17 PM) View Post
It's not funny, and makes screens like mine look bad.

Technically that's a compliment. I assume you meant they make your screens look good in which case that doesn't make since either because your shots usually are good.

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 27 September 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#50 Rover

Rover

slam dunk

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Sep 27 2011, 06:17 PM) View Post

Yeah, you're right Jared. A screen of full of Link sprites definitely makes a screen of actually something look bad. And calling everybody who voted for me immature is definitely right, just because they want to have fun and mess around and vote for me means they are defiantly the lowest of the low immaturest members of this community.

You said it yourself, it's a joke. So, like, calm down.

Edited by Rover, 27 September 2011 - 05:45 PM.

#51 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

Rover: It was a funny screen, but it definitely does not deserve to win, anybody could make it in one second.
Honestly, people only voted for it as a joke. 0/10

Jared: Now this, this is true art, the screen is very nicely put together, but the minish cap grass just doesn't look good to me... 8/10

Lightwulf: A very good use of the classic tileset, makes the screen interesting 7.5/10

Twilight_Knight: A very nice screen (I MUST HAVE THOSE MOUNTAINS) but it should have more detail. 8/10

linktopower: It's a good screen, but it needs something more 5/10

Voted for Twilight_Knight

#52 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

I kinda agree with Jared since it's very offending to other contestants. Someone submits a joke shot put together in 5 seconds and he is winning. I'm surprised such jokes are even allowed in the contest, yknow, regardless if I entered or not. The fact that I did enter makes it even more maddening. I mean it's fun and all, sure, but this is kinda out of bounds to me. It's not april fools or anything, and there are plenty of people that expect to see something serious in this contest that has been running for so long already. I think it's this kind of activity that's really been downgrading PZC for me. I expect stuff like this in the places where they belong (Off The Beaten Path). Thoroughly disappointing for me, really. I came here to make, play and discuss quests, fun is something I have with friends.

#53 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE(Twilight_Knight @ Sep 27 2011, 05:23 PM) View Post

I kinda agree with Jared since it's very offending to other contestants. Someone submits a joke shot put together in 5 seconds and he is winning. I'm surprised such jokes are even allowed in the contest, yknow, regardless if I entered or not. The fact that I did enter makes it even more maddening. I mean it's fun and all, sure, but this is kinda out of bounds to me. It's not april fools or anything, and there are plenty of people that expect to see something serious in this contest that has been running for so long already. I think it's this kind of activity that's really been downgrading PZC for me. I expect stuff like this in the places where they belong (Off The Beaten Path). Thoroughly disappointing for me, really. I came here to make, play and discuss quests, fun is something I have with friends.

Maybe not everybody views Rover's shot as a joke? I think it's more a challenge to the overall system of SotW. We're not given any specific criteria to rate screens based on. We're just supposed to vote for our favorites. In some cases, "favorites" can be as simple as voting based on the screenshot creator. I'm all for an anonymous SotW personally. I feel that the results can be skewed by popularity. I mean, how do you think Rover's shot is winning?

Anyways, it's just a contest. Can't we all just have a good laugh?

#54 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Sep 27 2011, 06:48 PM) View Post

Anyways, it's just a contest. Can't we all just have a good laugh?

Exactly. It's just SotW. I hope none of you guys think winning these contests earns you R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

#55 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

I ask you to read what I actually say. I said it's just a silly joke to me, and it's offensive to the contestants that such a shot is winning. That's what I think at least. All you do is just find a point in my post and reply to that defensively or explaining as if I'm a moron that doesn't understand that other people got a different opinion than me.

#56 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

Jared - It's sort of empty...It's not a terrible shot, design wise, but it lacks any real activity. To be honest, though, I don't know what you could do to spice it up. Maybe add a few enemies? No idea.

Lightwulf - It took me awhile to figure out what I was looking at...Amusing concept, though.

Twilight_Knight - I like the idea of using Pokemon graphics (I used the GB graphics for a shot several months ago, so maybe I'm just biased icon_wink.gif), but I don't think the Zelda graphics match well. Great idea, though.

linktopower - AoL, right? Not bad, but, uh, what's going on exactly? icon_razz.gif

I voted for Rover. It's a friendly contest, guys. Take a breath and enjoy the humor. icon_smile.gif

#57 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

You know i find this Very funny That a shot that was Put together In probably 5+min
Is beating everyone Here icon_lol.gif
I have to say Good Job Rover icon_smile.gif

Let me say I only enter these things just for fun thats it nothing more nothing less

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Sep 27 2011, 07:44 PM) View Post

Exactly. It's just SotW. I hope none of you guys think winning these contests earns you R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Yeah winning Sotw Does not earn ones Respect. Its how you act That earns you Respect
And as i seen how some of you People acted here today is...So childish..I mean come on It was just a joke shot...I think
But Can we not take a laugh anymore or what?

#58 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:27 PM

I honestly don't see what Keiichi was doing wrong with his first post icon_shrug.gif All he was doing was expressing his opinion in a rather honest manner. After that first post though, I really don't have much to say on his behalf. My $0.02. My vote went to Rover strictly because he's my friend. Fair? Sure. None of the shots really caught my attention, anyway. Also, I read someone's post a little while back say that this could be the only Classic shot ever to win SotW.... I know my set isn't strictly Classic, but I've won with it before...

#59 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

I thought the first shot was awesome, in its own way. If I did vote for it, it would be for a different reason than the context is originally intended. It wouldn't be fair to the other people who entered for the deprivation of their critical vote, but it would still be a different kind of vote for the person who put a different kind of "all" into it. That's my opinion, innocent enough.

#60 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Sep 27 2011, 05:31 PM) View Post
I voted for linktopower. I won't be making this a habit. I actually completely missed Rover's shot while voting...icon_confused.gif
Done and done.

QUOTE(William @ Sep 27 2011, 08:27 PM) View Post
I honestly don't see what Keiichi was doing wrong with his first post icon_shrug.gif All he was doing was expressing his opinion in a rather honest manner. After that first post though, I really don't have much to say on his behalf. My $0.02.
He wasn't warned for the first post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users