Almost there!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lynel Richie

Lynel Richie

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:18 PM

Alright, it's been another two weeks and another two (and a half) dungeons are complete. It's funny: with every new dungeon there are new things that I want to make happen that require me to figuring out more techniques. With that, each dungeon has a natural progression of complexity. I think that is the way it should be. You'll not only be going through Link's journey but also my journey as a quest maker.

I'm pretty confident the dungeons get progressively difficult as well. It's hard for me to judge how tough it to navigate the dungeons since I know the proper route to find the items and kill the boss. Even more so, I'm banking on the fact they nothing is TOO difficult. I never wanted to make a hard quest. I have played some that were too hard near the end and didn't even want to finish them. That's not me. I would rather the player make it through and see all the cool stuff I've put into it.

The next update will let you know that the thing is done. I didn't think it would take this much time but I also didn't think I would get good at making it. Let me know if you would like to be a beta tester and I'll sent it to a few people.

Edited by Lynel Richie, 19 July 2020 - 05:19 PM.

• Aquamentus (Facing Right) likes this

#2 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 19 July 2020 - 04:49 PM

I'm pretty confident the dungeons get progressively difficult as well. It's hard for me to judge how tough it to navigate the dungeons since I know the proper route to find the items and kill the boss.

This is one aspect where GMT/Mark Brown's dungeon graphs are very useful. This part of this video goes through how the graph system work as well as it applied it on minishcap dungeons. I recommend the entire series if you're interested in zelda dungeon design, but making graphs like this can be very helpful to judge how complex the base navigation in your dungeons are.

It's nice to see that this is trucking along, good luck on it, as usual~
  • Lynel Richie likes this

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 19 July 2020 - 05:34 PM

The last few dungeons are always the hardest to make in my experience. Both in terms of length and often in terms of connecting many different concepts from earlier dungeons together. Like you make a bunch of teaching experiences early on and the final dungeon has you designing The Test. This looks like a really solid NES quest from what you've shown so far, so I'm excited how it turns out.

Edited by Moosh, 19 July 2020 - 05:35 PM.

• Lynel Richie likes this

#4 xanadude

xanadude

heh

• Members

Posted 20 July 2020 - 05:58 AM

I'd love to beta test for you, it seems like this quest is really coming into it's own and that's pretty exciting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users