Photo

Screenshot of the Week 98

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 98 (68 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 98

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:46 PM

Alrighty, this is my first time doing SOTW, so if I forgot a caption or something, please forgive me. PM me if I have done so. icon_wink.gifThanks. So, here we go.

Tobias Daboi
Tobias%20Daboi.gif

Jake
Jake.gif

Mr. Z
Mr.%20Z.gif
Listen to the Gerudo, kids.

nicklegends
Nicklegends.gif
Deep in the heart of a mysterious jungle...

UBP
UBP.gif

Gashin
Gashin.gif
Showing of my incredible talen-- new palettes for Hyrule Fantasy.

HylianLegend
HylianLegend.gif
Link battles his way through the aqueduct of the Citadel of Dragons.

mighty_darknut
mighty_darknut.gif

Radien
Radien.gif
Serenia's assassination attempt ended in failure when she discovered that Link was not at home.

Well, that's it for this week. Please PM me in case I didn't get your caption or something in.

#2 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:50 PM

I nulled the vote because I entered this time, but if I may say so, we have a large variety of shots this week. In fact, it looks like only two or three shots share a tileset! This should be interesting. icon_smile.gif

Edited by nicklegends, 11 September 2005 - 08:53 PM.

#3 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:02 PM

I lose! icon_biggrin.gif

#4 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:04 PM

I voted for myself because I probably won't stand a chance against Gashin's screenshot.

#5 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:23 PM

Gashin and Radien's shots were amazing. Gashin of course is the master at great design and graphics. But Radien is also known for his great design and graphics. After some major pondering I decided to vote for Radien's vote. It won me over. icon_razz.gif

#6 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:25 PM

I voted for nicklegends. Something about this just sets an awesome mood.

And... Jake, I don't know if PolygonX8 would appreciate you ripping his sprites from SDR... (The shyguys look like SDR's...)

#7 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:28 PM

I voted Tobias because (no offence or anything) but I usually don't see the greatest shots coming from him.

This one ROCKS!

Great job tobias I just love this shot!

Comix

#8 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:37 PM

Gashin and Radien are easily the best among the shots, and it was hard to decide among the two of them. While Gashin's outdoor shot shows a great variety of ground tiles, as he usually does in his outdoor shots, Radien's shot is nothing like anything I have seen before. I would have to choose Radien for this one because he does a lot within the limits of what he is allowed to do. He successfully attempts to make an elliptical room based on a grid of squares, and that shows a lot of raw talent. Although the fire arrow didn't befriend me, the variety of floor tiles and furniture helps to give the entire shot completeness. This is a master at work.

#9 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 11 September 2005 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE(Gashin's Caption)

You spelled talent wrong icon_biggrin.gif!!! No biggie, though =P.

Anyways, I voted for Gashin. I loved the way that the left side of the stone walls are light and the right side is dark. Everything came together so nicely. Great job to everyone icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif!!!

#10 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 11 September 2005 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE(blaster_master @ Sep 11 2005, 08:33 PM)
QUOTE(Gashin's Caption)

You spelled talent wrong icon_biggrin.gif!!! No biggie, though =P.

Anyways, I voted for Gashin. I loved the way that the left side of the stone walls are light and the right side is dark. Everything came together so nicely. Great job to everyone icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif!!!

Erm, I think that was intentional to imply that he was stopping himself from bragging, but who knows? icon_blah.gif

#11 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 September 2005 - 12:49 AM

I have to vote for Gashin.
His shot is very appealing with its superb color.
Radien's shot is a close second with great sprites.

#12 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 September 2005 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE(skateboarder11 @ Sep 11 2005, 07:25 PM)
I voted for nicklegends. Something about this just sets an awesome mood.

And... Jake, I don't know if PolygonX8 would appreciate you ripping his sprites from SDR... (The shyguys look like SDR's...)

Gashin created the Shy-Guys, so I told Jake to ask him for permission to use them.

Though, I'm not too fond of the fact that JAke straight out stole SDR Link's hair... icon_sigh.gif

Now, as for this week's entries... pretty fine stuff, but Gashin's and Radien's are the show of the week. Both have superb graphics, and while Radien's has a better palette to my eyes, Gashin's is all custom-drawn, and I cannot vote over something like that.

#13 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2005 - 12:00 PM

Well, all of the shots are decent ones this week, but Radien's and Gashin's shot use better graphics so obviously they look better, but I'd like to see more custom tile work... oh well, I vote... Gashin.

#14 Hero_of_Hyrule

Hero_of_Hyrule

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 September 2005 - 01:18 PM

I voted for Gashin. icon_thumbsup.gif I also really liked Radien's shot, but Gashin's had more to it.

#15 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(skateboarder11 @ Sep 11 2005, 10:25 PM)

Gashin said I could use them, also, pretty much if Gashin enters this contest every one else loses, because of his greatness! Only, PolygonX8 and Raiden could stand a chance! Oh well, winning isn't everything right? icon_heh.gif

Edited by Jake, 12 September 2005 - 03:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users