Yuurand: Beneath the Surface

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 23 May 2021 - 02:09 PM

At long last, it's that time again. Introducing Yuurand 7.0: Beneath the Surface. This is possibly our biggest update yet, so let's go over some of the new features.

New Labyrinth
As is tradition, this update brings a new game map. This time, it's the Lifted Labyrinth, by Moosh. Explore a mysterious floating island and learn the terrible secret that led to its abandonment. This map is designed to be similar to Living and Solstice in being interconnected and open-ended.

MDNjzuB.png
zc_screen00387.png
zc_screen00386.png

The labyrinth comes with a custom seed, titled "Release Me," similar to those included with the last update. We also have a few new fragmented-exclusive areas tossed into the mix to keep things fresh.

New characters
We've got seven of them this time around! Rather that introduce all of them, we've decided to let players discover them for themselves this time around.

New End-Game Content
And lots of it at that! We've done some restructuring of the end game with lots of surprises to discover, though given it's an open secret at this point, I don't think it's much of a spoiler to mention that we have a new endgame boss joining Tartaros. Venser, hailing from Isle of Rebirth, has joined the roster and is ready to smash his way through you - and reality itself - in a bid to return home.

Story Mode Stuff
First off, we have two new story modes. One is something that's been somewhat of a common request: A story mode for the Umbral Cloud spirits. Follow Synapse, Hera, and Pyron as they attempt to learn the circumstances behind their betrayal by Tartaros and his true intentions.

zc_screen01520.png

The second new story is a bit a surprise, but it ranks up with the Sylvia/BB story in terms of complexity, so we hope you'll enjoy it!

Aside from new stories, we've gone back and given several of the existing stories a bit of a polish, both to adjust for new end game content and, in the case of the first Web of Lucidity story, to add a new character. To summarize changes in a spoiler free way:

The following stories have received major changes, mostly near the end, though throughout in one case:
- Rhone, Seine, and Loire
- Tyre and Jandra
- Quinn, Kaveri, and Ava
- Bastille and Lumen

Some other stories have received minor changes, especially near the end, as well. I personally recommend giving the Riviere story another go, even if you've played it in a prior release.

In addition to the stories, we've added subscreen dialogue to Solstice, Schrodinger, Lifted, and Fragmented areas for all character groups that have dialogue on other labyrinths. This amounts to over 400 new subscreen skits! But the new dialogue doesn't stop there.

The House

zc_screen01517.png

Welcome to the house. It may not look like much at first, but this is a little slice of the Labyrinth that you can fully customize to your liking.

zc_screen01505.png
zc_screen00345.png
zc_screen00383.png
zc_screen00384.png

While you start with limited customization options, new decorations and options can be purchased from Tyre using motus crystals, a new form of currency obtained by clearing runs. For those with existing save files, you'll receive some Motus Crystals to begin with based on your achievement board progress. In addition to decorative elements and House features, Tyre also sells items that can help you on runs.

zc_screen01516.png

You can also talk with visiting characters in the house. You may be able to unlock new options this way.

Additionally, the house is a place to customize your very own custom character! Perhaps you want to make a character that looks like you

zc_screen01506.png

Or a character that's just a bit fun.

zc_screen01508.png

Or maybe you just want to address our tragic oversight in not giving Autimecia a bikini.

zc_screen01507.png

The possibilities are near limitless! In addition to the default options several different outfits and accessories can either be bought from Tyre or obtained by speaking with characters.

In addition to being an avatar to use in the house, your character can be played in Labyrinth runs as well. They have three different signatures to choose from, so you can customize them to fit your play style.

Quality of Life and Misc features
There's almost too many to list here, but let me hit on just a few:

- A shortcut to the final area allows you to enter without collecting all cursed skulls on repeat runs.
- The character select scrolls much faster.
- The credits can be skipped after the first viewing by holding start.
- Several new custom seeds added.

Updating to 7.0
This update should be compatible with old saves. Nevertheless, we recommend you write down your password before updating, just in case something goes wrong. You'll also need the new music for this update. Assuming you have Yuurand 6.0 already, you can download it here. If you don't have all prior music, you can download the complete Yuurand music pack here. The update itself can be grabbed here.

And lastly, a note about the future
Yuurand is big. Very big. How big, you ask? Big enough that we've brushed up against several ZC limits. Notably, we get crashes more often than not now when compiling the script file. We're in talks with the developers about 2.55 potentially alleviating some of this, but this will likely be the last major Yuurand update for at least some time due to this. We want to thank everyone who's taken this wild ride with us. If you're not here already, we invite you to join us in The Labyrinth Discord server.

• DarkFlameSheep, Anthus, Twilight Knight and 11 others like this

#2 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 23 May 2021 - 02:33 PM

I don't think I even have a concept of night or day anymore destroying my sleep cycle for this. That sounds like the authentic Labyrinth experience to me.

• Anthus, Russ, Twilight-Prince and 1 other like this

#3 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 23 May 2021 - 06:05 PM

Nice News I Loocked Short in and it Makes me Courious i Saw only two New Character Shades out of Seven i Will Defenitely Record it Again and Lets see if i can make it Again to Unlock All Characters :D

• Russ and Aevin like this

#4 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 23 May 2021 - 11:53 PM

Small hotfix has gone through. Strongly recommend redownloading, especially if you're on the "north path" after finishing the Labyrinth's main boss.

#5 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 24 May 2021 - 12:49 PM

Yeah i Dit it I Beat my First New Run with an Selfmade Character Have Beaten the New Boss + in Lunatic Mode got The Achivement Everyone is Here but Stil have a Demon to Unlock but no Idea How The Ways in The Library were all Open with Exception of the North Part and the East Part was Shuted down strangly After Visiting so No Idea what i Have Missed i Think an Ultra Hard Top Secret Boss :D

#6 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 24 May 2021 - 01:03 PM

Spoiler

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 24 May 2021 - 01:15 PM

Yeah i Dit it I Beat my First New Run with an Selfmade Character Have Beaten the New Boss + in Lunatic Mode got The Achivement Everyone is Here but Stil have a Demon to Unlock but no Idea How The Ways in The Library were all Open with Exception of the North Part and the East Part was Shuted down strangly After Visiting so No Idea what i Have Missed i Think an Ultra Hard Top Secret Boss :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

They've been touched up, and there's a few frames that were basically redrawn entirely, but he's still based off those sprites.
  • Lordkronos likes this

#8 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2021 - 01:21 PM

Can't find any bunnies in the update so far, 0/10.

Will amend if bunnies are found.

#9 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 24 May 2021 - 01:59 PM

Spoiler

They've been touched up, and there's a few frames that were basically redrawn entirely, but he's still based off those sprites.

Cool Thanks for the Info Then I Wonder why The East One was Open there was no Boss There Etherway So I Only have To Figure Out the Right Storys for the Other Bosses :D

#10 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2021 - 04:18 PM

VenserDeathRainbowOClock.gif?width=1190&

• Russ likes this

#11 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 May 2021 - 12:15 AM

We've pushed some updates that fix several things since launch. Aside from lots of minor bugs and stuff, a few important things to note here:

- Leaving the house now auto saves, as several people expected this behaviour and lost progress as a result

- A sidequest menu can be pulled up in-run using Ex2, assuming no enemies are present and you're not swimming

- One of the final bosses was toned down for normal and relaxed, and his elemental defenses were changed to match the rest of the elemental enemies in the quest

- A hard crash in Lost Desert was fixed

- And again, lots of little bugs fixed. More remain, but this took out a sizeable chunk.

We would definitely advise redownloading the update.

• Lordkronos likes this

#12 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 25 May 2021 - 05:53 AM

We've pushed some updates that fix several things since launch. Aside from lots of minor bugs and stuff, a few important things to note here:

- Leaving the house now auto saves, as several people expected this behaviour and lost progress as a result

- A sidequest menu can be pulled up in-run using Ex2, assuming no enemies are present and you're not swimming

- One of the final bosses was toned down for normal and relaxed, and his elemental defenses were changed to match the rest of the elemental enemies in the quest

- A hard crash in Lost Desert was fixed

- And again, lots of little bugs fixed. More remain, but this took out a sizeable chunk.

We would definitely advise redownloading the update.

Could The Partnermode Fragmented Run Freeze be Fixed or Should i Play an Other Mode Better Curently ??? :D

#13 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 May 2021 - 11:58 AM

I'm still looking into why that one's happening. It seems like it's the specific combination of labyrinths you picked, but I don't know why. I'll let you know as soon as we've fixed it.

• Lordkronos likes this

#14 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 25 May 2021 - 12:54 PM

I'm still looking into why that one's happening. It seems like it's the specific combination of labyrinths you picked, but I don't know why. I'll let you know as soon as we've fixed it.

Okey dokey :D

#15 Waluigi20

Waluigi20

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 25 May 2021 - 07:29 PM

I tried "The lonely tower" and are you seriously supposed to fight Tier 2 Naiya with no upgrades?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users