Photo

Screenshot of the Week 162

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 162 (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:48 AM

I feel really sorry for Taco Chopper. I find it really cruel for someone not to get at least 1 vote.

Edited by Trimaster001, 22 May 2007 - 11:48 AM.

#17 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:15 PM

TacoChopper's appeals to me the most. *click*

#18 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:13 PM

It's getting very close. What would happen if it was a 3-way tie?

#19 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(Trimaster001 @ May 22 2007, 10:48 AM) View Post

I feel really sorry for Taco Chopper. I find it really cruel for someone not to get at least 1 vote.

Er... was that necessary to say?

Anyway, I just feel like TacoChopper's was sorta thrown together, messy. The ghosts and the gravestones... I don't really get it. I don't think they're necessary in the shot. Take out some of those trees, give the water more depth and detail, the grass too. I voted for ennonfenom's. There's a lot in the shot, but it all fits. Like the color, too.

#20 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:49 PM

I actually like Trimaster's enough to vote for it even though it's straight Pure. It makes use of tiles and colors that people don't use quite so much in Pure -- namely, a grey-heavy screen -- and the screen design is quite ideal for ZC. It gets my vote.

ennonfenom's shot is okay, but it's just trees and Dekus... and the trail looks a bit too boxy. Partially my fault since the grass borders I drew for the DoR tileset are pretty boxy to begin with, but it's possible to lessen it.

I can describe all three of the remaining shots in the same way:

Decent design, but too primitive. All of the shots use old tilesets and palettes, and little about these three screens could be described as something we haven't seen before.

I do have to compliment Turbon714 for doing a good job at changing Classic tiles and still making it feel like Classic, though.

#21 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE(Trimaster001 @ May 23 2007, 04:13 PM) View Post

It's getting very close. What would happen if it was a 3-way tie?

I belive it that happened it would be decided by sotm, I'm not to sure, though, cause I think we would have had to enter the shoot in sotm, but as it says it that is were the tie breaker happens, sotw rules thread

QUOTE(sotw rules @ 7-24-2006) View Post
4. If you tie in a SotW, your win for that week will be decided through SotM. In order for you to win SotW, which you tied in, you have to get more votes in SotM than the person who tied you. Everyone one else in SotM doesn't matter. If you do beat that person, you get the extra votes added to your SotW tie, making you the winner. Example you both tied with 10 votes in SotW. In SotM you get 5 votes and the other person gets 3. You now win SotW with 12 votes. You would not add the full 5 to your 10. Instead you would subtract the two numbers in SotM and add the total to your SotW votes. If you tie in SotM you both get the win, but not the votes from SotM.

ennonfenom's shot is okay, but it's just trees and Dekus... and the trail looks a bit too boxy. Partially my fault since the grass borders I drew for the DoR tileset are pretty boxy to begin with, but it's possible to lessen it.

@ radien: There is a reason its not so good. The day I was going to submit my "better shoot" My quest and everything in my zc folder got deleted. Meaning I didn't have time to re edit the tiles and take time on making the screen better than just good. Keep an eye out for the next sotw I think you will like what I have done with some edited tiles from your dor set icon_wink.gif

Edited by ennonfenom, 23 May 2007 - 08:06 PM.

#22 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:37 PM

I voted for Trimaster001. I might be a sucker for Pure, but this shot was the most eye pleasing.

#23 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 26 May 2007 - 11:04 PM

Looks like ennonfenom wins this week. Though I should remove points, because his name is hard to type (Kidding)

Anywho. Never thought I'd actually say this, but I have MORE THAN ENOUGH screenshots for tomorrow. 'Tis a red-letter day indeed

#24 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:47 AM

Congrats ennonfenom! Deserve every penny!

Wow my first time submitting and I actually got 2nd Place? This SotW could actually be fun.

#25 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 27 May 2007 - 01:10 PM

thanks! Trimaster001, and congrats on the second place! My first time I got first, which is cool, though I would have liked it to be by 19 or more votes. So that if I would win then next one I'm in with 19 I would be on the ranking board.

@ Relic you can just type Ennon and that would be fine, I am sure every one thats a regular would know thats me icon_wink.gif

#26 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:31 PM

'Grats Ennon.

IPB Image

#27 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ May 27 2007, 03:31 PM) View Post

'Grats Ennon.

IPB Image

thanks! IPB Image Nice koopa pic, he's like a mommy spider, how cute IPB Image

#28 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:09 PM

Hope Relic can post Week 163. I'm going for it again.

#29 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

I thought SotW was supposed to start on Sunday... icon_wacky.gif

#30 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:19 PM

He usually posts on Sunday nights

0 user(s) are reading this topic