Dark Knut commander

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pryex

Pryex

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:11 AM

Okay another request...

An idea for my quest was that dark Knuts would act as a sort of army, serving Ganondorf, these would rank from:

-Dark Knut(L1)
-Dark Knut(L2)
-Death Knight(L3)
-Commander(boss)

I'm usaing the BS Dark Knut, coloured in black.
The sprites can be found here:
http://www.spriters-...elda/sheet/8385

It is to be the first boss in the game, taking only 8 hits to be killed. I'm sorry I can't script to save my life, but here is what I would like, if it's not to hard.

The commander has one attack, which deals 0.5 heats worth of damage to Link. The attack goes as follows:

-Commander charges at Link quite fast, if Link evades by getting out of the way it freezes for about 3 seconds allowing Link to attack it from behing.
-It is not to be vunerable from the front or the side.
When it is not charging at Link, it moves slowly, following him, and faceing him at all times.

If anybody can do this for me, provided it is not to hard, I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

~Pryex~

#2 eNJuR

eNJuR

Junior

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:42 PM

I have good news! you can do this with the enemy editor without scripting! (well, just about...)

in Data 1 tab,choose walking enemy type, increase the homing rate to like 200 or something (not sure what value would be best, but I think that's good...) and set damage to 2

in Data 2 tab, set walk style to Rope.

in Misc. Flags tab, flag Shielded on Front, Shielded on Left, and Shielded on Right, and flag Never Returns After Death

Do you think this might work for you?

#3 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:54 PM

Note that you'll need one of the newest builds to get the ultra-powerful enemy editor, so just head to shardstorm.com and grab the latest build before you try to make a non-scripted custom enemy.

#4 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:08 PM

Well, you can make most of the parts of that enemy without scripting. Problem is the movement AI. For one, it'd be impossible without a script to make the enemy look at link at all times.

#5 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:17 PM

There's an animation type that does that nowadays I believe.

#6 eNJuR

eNJuR

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:03 PM

that would be the "4 frame 4 dir + tracking"
it's best for floating enemies and such tho, because it lloks really weird on walkers

#7 Pryex

Pryex

• Members

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to try that, although how do I make it freeze after it misses Link?

#8 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:53 AM

I don't know if that's possible. The "rope" walking movement will give you the charging, and then it slows down after missing. If you want special effects like standing still after attacking, you just might need scripting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users