LA shield?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:58 AM

I'm sure I'm not the only person who dislikes the Z1 shield, its just boring and outdated. It would be great to see a shield script similar to Link's awakening in ZC, either the player has to equip it on B to use it, or it can be set to an another button. This can add the possiblility of new puzzles that require your shield. For example, in LA, you had to use your shield to push the spiked monsters (forgot the name..) to find your sword.

So.. any scripter interested in giving this a try?

Edited by /M/, 02 May 2009 - 09:58 AM.

#2 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

Actually, Joe123 made one a while back. His own words states that it's pretty crappy... and to be honest, it is.

It's way to buggy at the moment to be used in my game, at least. It works, but just kind of.

Hopefully, he'll be able to remake it and make it work a bit better... cause the Z1 shield IS boring.

He did mention something about it being impossible for some reason though :/
Oh well, I don't really know anything about scripting, so I won't say for sure.

On another note: He never actually released the script, as far as I know, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind giving it to you... Joe is awesome like that icon_razz.gif

#3 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:51 PM

You can find a few scripts here but they don't simulate the actual Gameboy shields. They do have few other interesting quirks- maybe you'll find something you like.

#4 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:38 PM

Yeah, if you want a script that makes the normal passive shield item into one that works as an active item that's fine.

If you want it to push enemies back like LA, that'll require some more work.

#5 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:28 PM

What I want to do is make Link basically shieldless/unprotected when the player does NOT hold the L or R button. So, he can be harmed by fireballs, arrows, etfc. But, when the player holds the L or R button, fireballs and arrows are deflected, Link movement speed is decreased, and defense increases. A Lv2 Shield is equivalent to the 'Blue Ring', and the a lv3 Shield is equivalent to the 'Red Ring'. This, will change the gameplay since the player will later on need to use his shields in order to fight stronger monsters.

#6 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:49 AM

Has this been created yet? I've been looking for a script like this for a while now! (I don't need it to push back enemies or anything. Just make it as if Link has a shield if he holds the 'shield button'. icon_wink.gif )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users