Yuurei DX

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 July 2019 - 08:49 PM

Following on the heels of Hitodama, Yuurei is here with a DX update of its own.

Much like the HItodama update, this is essentially a rebuild of the quest in the Yuurand system. I won't go into all the balance changes again, but here's some of the most important differences between this update and the old version of Yuurei. If this is your first time playing, please be aware that there may be some slight spoilers here.

• You can now choose from more than one map, including labyrinths from Yuurand
  • In addition to the 9 story characters, every one of Yuurand's 50+ characters are playable
  • Each character has their own signature spell, upgrades, and special traits
  • Yuurand bosses are included for non-story characters, who each have a predetermined set of bosses
  • Choose from four difficulty modes to suit players of all types
  • Four button items for equipping spells
  • Tons of rebalancing for characters, bosses, enemies, and spells

For Veteran Players

If you find bugs, need help, or just want to leave a comment, feel free to drop a post or contact me or Russ through Discord. I hope any players enjoy this.

• Shane, Matthew, Dark Ice Dragon and 1 other like this

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:25 AM

Alrighty, this is perfect! Now different characters play much more differently than they did originally. This is a big thing to make things more interesting. I thought this was kind of an issue, since you'd miss out on story if you only played it once.

That's cool that you've updated both of these quests now. Looking forward to the next entry to the series and any other projects you might do.

• Russ, Shane and Aevin like this

#3 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:59 AM

I remember trying Yuurei a while back when it first came out.  I remember I quit because there were a lot of secrets and the difficult mode didn't appeal to me.  The difficult mode didn't appeal to me because it felt like an artificial add-on to quest that was top-down designed to be easy and that it had only gone through minimal testing.  I mean what else could be expected?  You and Russ's early work had only one difficulty setting - easy - the difficulty that you naturally enjoy.  Its only when you guys saw the divisive uproar that difficulty causes that these modes were put into Yuurei.

You say that you've rebalanced things and that the difficulty is improved.  I'll give it another try and I'll do my very best to keep an open mind.  But I won't hold my breath.  Accommodating for someone else's radically different dream difficulty is something that no Zelda quest maker has ever achieved to the best of my knowledge.

• Matthew likes this

#4 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:12 PM

Following on the heels of Hitodama, Yuurei is here with a DX update of its own.

Much like the HItodama update, this is essentially a rebuild of the quest in the Yuurand system. I won't go into all the balance changes again, but here's some of the most important differences between this update and the old version of Yuurei. If this is your first time playing, please be aware that there may be some slight spoilers here.

• You can now choose from more than one map, including labyrinths from Yuurand
  • In addition to the 9 story characters, every one of Yuurand's 50+ characters are playable
  • Each character has their own signature spell, upgrades, and special traits
  • Yuurand bosses are included for non-story characters, who each have a predetermined set of bosses
  • Choose from four difficulty modes to suit players of all types
  • Four button items for equipping spells
  • Tons of rebalancing for characters, bosses, enemies, and spells

For Veteran Players

If you find bugs, need help, or just want to leave a comment, feel free to drop a post or contact me or Russ through Discord. I hope any players enjoy this.

Nice Now I Have a New Quest to Play but I Wonder what are the Exact Differeces About the New Yuurai and Yuurand :D

#5 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:15 PM

The simplest explanation is that Yuurei isn't randomized, and has a canon story that follows up on Hitodama. The original Yuurei map, which was the basis for the first version of Yuurand, was designed with a specific progression and item placement in mind.

Since we've added the Yuurand maps to Yuurei, we tried to place items in a way that felt like they followed a similar progression to the original Yuurei.

It's funny when I think about it ... we randomized the Yuurei map for Yuurand, and de-randomized the Yuurand maps for this update.

• Deedee, Architect Abdiel, Dark Ice Dragon and 1 other like this

#6 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:23 PM

https://imgur.com/SSQxdeF

https://imgur.com/1j7W7ei

I'm gonna assume i can use this thread to ask for help. I'm pretty much stuck, need the fire spell (i got the cost cut in half upgrade for something i don't have it yet) and shadow spell.

#7 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:43 PM

Sorry for the slow response.

Going south on the lower right side doesn't require the fire spell; that's purely for getting an item. To open the door, you just need to defeat all the jellyfish somehow. You should have one spell that's able to damage them ...

• Norzan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users