IoD - Cameos?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bayta

Bayta

Herp

• Members

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:23 PM

The thought crossed my mind a few months ago, but until now, I've been too lazy to ask anyone about this. In Link's Awakening, there were tons upon tons of cameos from other games (Sideview enemies, Yoshi, Chain Chomps, Shy Guys, Richard, Dr. Wright, etc...). Some of these cameos just aren't going to be in IoD, such as the Chain Chomps and sideview enemies. But there are some that will be there, such as Richard, and... something else I know I'm missing. But what about the other ones, that have no real significance to the story, and aren't difficult to implement, like the Yoshi doll and Dr. Wright? Should they be in IoD just for the sake of being faithful to Link's Awakening? Or not?

#2 Strato

Strato

"WE'LL SHOW HIM!"

• Members

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

I say try to be as faithful to LA as you can.

#3 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:07 PM

I find cameos fun to do, so I'd so go for it. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Blaman, 01 March 2009 - 04:07 PM.

#4 A-Red

A-Red

Initiate

• Members

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:47 PM

You're remaking Link's Awakening without Bow Wow? It was a pretty big part of the story.

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrator

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:52 PM

Ya, you got to keep Bow Wow. He was one of the best part. The Mario enemies and the anti-Kirby were also pretty neat.

I'd say go for as many cameos as possible. Maybe have the baby playing with the Yoshi doll or something like that. Fit as many in as possible.

#6 Bayta

Bayta

Herp

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:54 AM

The Bow Wow debate happened years ago, even before I switched to the DoR tileeset. I wasn't going to have Bow Bow in it, because it would be extremely difficult to do. But now we've got scripting, so it's possible... But still difficult to do. I'll probably try to do something about it later, same with Tarin the Racoon in the forest. Bow Wow is going to require some serious heavy-duty ffc/item/global scripts of doom. icon_confused.gif Now that I consider it, I'll try to put some rough ideas in my head, try to make sense out of how to make global scripts, and get to work on that.

#7 A-Red

A-Red

Initiate

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

Yeah, I can see how that would be really hard to do. One possible way to implement it would be to have Bow Wow available for a more limited time--maybe Link has to go directly to the second dungeon, and Bow Wow follows directly behind him instead of being on a leash, and then eats the guardian flowers and runs home or something. You'd at least be able to keep all the story elements, if not the fun of having Bow Wow eat all the enemies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users