The New Deity of Nature

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

too high for the grocery store

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:16 PM

By now, you could be wondering why the Deity of Nature thread was removed. Well, I really didn't like my story, and I kinda like starting fresh now that I'm starting anew, and that it's turning out pretty well.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

^The last 3 were in a file that went corrupt, and I lost 'em... but I'll soon remake them.

I'm not really too confident on a story, yet, though. I will be working on it, though.

Also, I will probably be shanked for my Topic Description icon_heh.gif

My goal is to actually have the Cave of Beginnings and Endings and Level 1 completed by the time the expo comes around... and have Soltera Village complete this time, as well... interiors and everything.

Edited by Moonwhisper, 08 February 2008 - 10:31 PM.

#2 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:58 PM

Well, screenshots look great, where's the storyline?

#3 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:13 AM

So, you change GBC to DoR? Good. Not like I wouldn't like to play good GBC games, but you can't go wrong with the new DoR. Altough, the screens look a little bland. Especially the first one. Just make sure that there's no a lot of similar combos near each other. The subscreen is very nice, but I guess it's far from final, since there are OoT medals, despite the fact that this is not an OoT remake.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrator

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:37 AM

Let me just say, those screenshots look awesome! Nice job. icon_thumbsup.gif

#5 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:04 AM

I love these winter screenshots, but yeah, you could of made the canyons less straight. icon_unsettled.gif
Though it Looks like it's going to be a great quest. icon_smile.gif

#6 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

• Members

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:05 PM

Don't worry, CastChaos, I'm really only working out all the screens right now, then I'm going to get back to detailing them. I figured out that that would make me work a lot faster.

LiH, I'll be working on the story today, hopefully...

#7 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:21 PM

It's looking good! icon_cool.gif

#8 Bayta

Bayta

Herp

• Members

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:29 PM

Wow! I'm liking those screenshots, and, like I told you on AIM, that subscreen is full of pwnage. icon_cool.gif

#9 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:55 PM

Okay, I'm waiting. icon_smile.gif

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrator

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Feb 9 2008, 11:05 AM) View Post

I thought that it was just a remake of Oracle of Seasons. There's more to it than that?

#11 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

• Members

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:36 PM

>_> russadwan, I never like Nintendo's story telling too much, most of the time. I'd prefer to Moonwhisper it.

Like, one of the storylines is behind Tarm Ruins- what it used to be, and how it came to fall.

Edited by Moonwhisper, 10 February 2008 - 04:20 PM.

#12 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrator

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Feb 10 2008, 12:36 PM) View Post

Like, one of the storylines is behind Tarm Ruins- what it used to be, and how it came to fall.

Good. Tarm Ruins is my favorite area of any Zelda game (due largly to the midi that perfectly fits), and I always though it needed more explaining.

#13 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:42 AM

Ooh, cool! I love it when you weave the storylines into the Canon timeline... icon_smile.gif

#14 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

• Members

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:06 PM

... story has me really stumped. Oh well... I think Remnants took all my storyline skill.

But, what storyline of what area would you guys like to hear? Perhaps the Forest of Koityra, or Subrosia? Flooded Estates?

#15 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:38 PM

I'm picking Subrosia solely because Subrosians rarely get any bigger role in ZC quest. Forest is very nice, but we have an overproduction on that matter. Water, well that would be my second choice. I like water. Yes.

Coming up with a story from thin air must be hard, but if you have a base concept in mind, then you should make up something almost half as easily as me.

Some possible story seeds: (I list those that I used either in a quest or a quest attempt of mine.)
-Ganon's minions fight over his legacy (Shadow Wars)
-Link is slowly being manipulated by the dark side after somebody called for his help (Shadow Wars 2)
-Stars disappeared from the sky, they are needed to be found on a completely unknown terrain (Legend of Nature)
-Link made an error during his adventure and Ganon takes its full advantage (Freeze to the Past)
-Remake of a game (Ultima IX)
-Link made an error during his adventure and later evil beings try to take advantage of it (Link to the Past 2)
-Link is tricked into an adventure by Ganon to lead him as far from Hyrule as possible to leave Hyrule without a hero (Ballad of a Bloodline pre-planning)

See? Little base ideas are the seeds that grow into pages long storylines. Just be extravagant. And let the story effect the gameplay, don't just tell an intro then trick the player into a lack of story dungeon crawling like Power of Geduina or most especially my Shadow Wars did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users