Remnants

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

too high for the grocery store

• Members

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:24 PM

I've already showed off a few screenshots in the screenshot thread in Custom Quest Discussion. This quest uses PTUX with misc. tiles from all around. I haven't generated the story much, but it involves a Link whose descendant is the Hero of Courage, and the legends have all been forgotten, due to it being so long since the Hero of Courage defeated Ganon for the last time. The world has been at peace since, so nothing really goes on. But after some events on this new Link's home island, he is forced to leave (no, it will not be like Wind Waker, different events). He has to leave the island. I plan on using Adult Link in this quest as well, which will actually soon come into the quest after the events on his home island. Also, it's called Remnants of the Past for a reason, but only a select few I trust know it so far.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is the replacement quest for The Hyrulian Destiny. I've realized that now that Origin is coming out, I need something more original to work with.

#2 Bayta

Bayta

Herp

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:48 AM

Looks pretty good, Moonwhisper! I'm looking forward to seeing more screenshots and stuff. icon_smile.gif

#3 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:57 AM

Pretty screens, good layout, nice use of ground stones. Those custom tiles sound interesting. The fun frog is one of them, I presume.

#4 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

• Members

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:16 PM

IPB Image

Are these good for the Adult version of Link? The ones you see there are his younger teenage years.

#5 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:27 PM

New update...

I've decided not to use the Triforce in this quest, but put in something more interesting. A good way to explain this is to use an example. When Link first reaches Hyrule, it'll be stormy. It's a rather bad effect from evil, really. So you must go to the forest, however, it's transformed the forest into a swamp, and also, Overgrown Temple deals with controlling the rain, and using its effects. This is considered as training from blankity blanks. (Not meant to be told yet). So ,after the dungeon is beaten, Link can control the storm in certain places, like, for example, fill a huge gap with rain, and assuming there is a bridge at the bottom of the gap, it'll float up and you can use it to cross. The key to this quest is controlling the elements.

#6 Ebola Zaire

Ebola Zaire

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:31 PM

Interesting. Kind of like Oracle of Seasons, but not enough to be considered ripped off of it. I like it! icon_thumbsup.gif I'm really digging the Link tiles, BTW.

You may want to substitute your first dungeon for another, though. It seems like everyone's first dungeon is a water/swamp/Deluge Forest temple. icon_razz.gif

#7 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, mine is similar to DoR's to an extent, but I'm coming up with ideas to make it different. Suggestions won't hurt much, by the way. And technically, the first REAL dungeon is Hyrule Castle. I won't explain how that works, though.

#8 Ebola Zaire

Ebola Zaire

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:37 PM

Okay, NOW you're inside my mind. Stop stealing my idea to use Hyrule Castle as the first dungeon! icon_razz.gif Although, I doubt it'll be quite the same as mine. icon_naughty.gif

#9 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:38 PM

I wish I could tell you how mine was, but that'd reveal too much about the quest icon_heh.gif

#10 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:17 PM

I already made this quest, you can find Remnants of the Past here:
Remnants of the Past

Enjoy! icon_heh.gif

#11 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:35 PM

Well, Majora's Wrath linked me to something nice... I may be using mp3s for this quest... and I doubt you'll mind downloading them, either XD.

http://www.zeldafn.c...Zelda_Theme.mp3

http://www.zeldafn.c...rule_Castle.mp3

http://www.zeldafn.c..._Dark_World.mp3

http://www.zeldafn.c..._Lost_Woods.mp3

#12 Ebola Zaire

Ebola Zaire

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:01 PM

icon_drool.gif OMG. Those are... incredible. I will never know happiness again. icon_cry.gif I feel like taking a chainsaw to my own throat right now.

#13 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:09 PM

Dangit, I might have a vote between that overworld theme up there, and this one...

http://www.zeldafn.c...hyrulefield.mp3

#14 Ebola Zaire

Ebola Zaire

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:33 PM

First one, hands down. I think that I like the second one a little better, purely from a quality of music standpoint, but the OoT overworld doesn't fit with 2D Zelda games at ALL, IMO.

#15 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jul 10 2007, 10:17 PM) View Post

I already made this quest, you can find Remnants of the Past here:
Remnants of the Past

Enjoy! icon_heh.gif

icon_eek.gif

How do you get away with posting off-topic so frequently? icon_badrazz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users