Photo

Screenshot of the Week 371

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 371 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE(Gonken @ Jun 19 2012, 08:21 AM) View Post

Artistic - Great design, the orange color on the mountains need to appear more however, they're kind of merged into the green. The house may not be my favorite, but it's better than any other house I've seen in classic.

Thank you for you comments. icon_biggrin.gif I did change the mountain colors. I do like the darker orange I had in it before. I do like how the shop turned out using the tiles that are in the classic set in zquest. But it could have a little more depth in certain spots.

#17 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

Nolornbon
Pretty good GB work, I like the feel of this shot it works very well.

Octorockoncrack
Crap I'd hate to run into the beast that killed Link <__<
Over all this is pretty good, but that one solid blue tree up in the upper right kinda sticks out... Other then that great shot.

William = Voted
That's one of the most pretty classic screens I've ever seen! everything looks amazing.
This is what I strive for (In Classic) but alas I'll never be this good. Thanks William for pleasing my eye's one more time icon_smile.gif

Dragonite
That's A great shot as well! The colors look very good. But... The Octoroks Stand out a little bit.

Marco
Another pretty good shot (Oh my god So many good shots)
There is no complaints from me Good job!

Artistic
Pretty nice classic shot. the shop looks pretty neat I'd never thought to use them tiles like that.
And Those trees in the upper right look with the black outline looks a little odd. But if you remove the black outlines they should look pretty good.

Jared
*yawns* Sorry it looks good... But it seems a little bland. Other then the blandness of it Its a pretty solid screen.

And thanks to everyone who voted and everyone to commented on my screen, Its really appreciated icon_smile.gif

#18 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

William gets my vote; it' a great shot, and the symbolism is perfect. It's been great having you here buddy. Take care.

#19 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jun 19 2012, 02:33 PM) View Post

It could be like Hergiswi said: The black outline, when things in the Classic set tended to not have black outlines. I'm kinda curious to see how it looks without an outline now. icon_heh.gif

When I get it done I will show it to you if you like.

QUOTE(Ventus @ Jun 19 2012, 03:19 PM) View Post

Artistic
Pretty nice classic shot. the shop looks pretty neat I'd never thought to use them tiles like that.
And Those trees in the upper right look with the black outline looks a little odd. But if you remove the black outlines they should look pretty good.

Thank you for your comment. You know you make some nice classic screenshots yourself. icon_smile.gif I like to do graphics. I'm going to try and do that with those black lines.

EDIT: Here is a picture with the bushes without the black outlines. There is a third one of that style of bush in zquest. I edited it too and put it on the screen with the other two. I'm not totally happy with them. Maybe it is the shade of green I'm not happy with. But they do look pretty good though and a little different style now. Tell me what you think.

http://www.2shared.c...elda010CFH.html

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Artistic, 20 June 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#20 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE(Artistic @ Jun 20 2012, 12:09 AM) View Post

EDIT: Here is a picture with the bushes without the black outlines. There is a third one of that style of bush in zquest. I edited it too and put it on the screen with the other two. I'm not totally happy with them. Maybe it is the shade of green I'm not happy with. But they do look pretty good though and a little different style now. Tell me what you think.

http://www.2shared.c...elda010CFH.html

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

To me that looks a lot better then they did. But that's just me, But without the black outline they seem like they fit in the classic set better.

#21 SUCCESSOR

SUCCESSOR

Apprentice

• Banned

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

Nolornbon: It is too purple. Add some color in there. Purple and red do not balance each other out and they both make that light blue chest look out of place. Great layout, it makes me want to explore just looking at it. If it wasn't so overwhelmingly purple you'd have my vote.

Octorockoncrack: The mountains ruined it for me. It is a very engaging scene besides the awkwardly blocky mountains and one strange looking tree.

William: This is an example of too many little things making one big mess. First of all it's to busy. The water doesn't resemble any natural structure of water. If it's a river it doesn't flow as a river would and it looks blocky. Also the it's color too closely resmbles the shadowed trees. Next would be the lighting. At first it is striking but the placement hurts the look and feel more than help. The inconsistencies of the custom tiles and classic tiles. All these things by themselves aren't anything to get worked up about but cramped together they take over the whole shot.

Dragonite: While very pleasing to look at it doesn't inspire. I'm not even bothered by the octoroks. It just doesn't feel open for exploration. I wish there was something on the mountain top or in the water to pique interest. But that is just a personal opinion not a flaw. The bottom right corner however looks wrong.

Marco: Despite the squareness of the mountains the whole scene just looks amazing. Link looking out over the waters just makes this a scene I could picture a story being told over. You got my vote.

Artistic: I think the bushes in the upper right clash with the classic bushes. The shadowing is off, they are somewhat lopsided in appearance, and lack the texture(or atleast idea of) that the rest of the screen shares. I am not saying don't use them, but not using them along side classic bushes might make them look better. The shop however needs to be redone. It's trying too hard with unfit pieces. Simplify it and touch up the pieces that need to fit together. The window, the arch doorway, and the background of the shop sign should all have a matching brick look before you make it a center of an otherwise great looking screen.

Ventus: It doesn't blend. Up top is green, to the left is grey, and in the middle is brown all held together by that strange skin colored ground. There is nothing wrong with the color of the ground but with the colors segregated like that it makes its strange color stand out.

Jared: I love the layout and feel but it is so boring. Put something in there to bring the scene to life!

Edited by SUCCESSOR, 21 June 2012 - 02:27 AM.

#22 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

icon_smile.gif

My vote goes to Artistic

I really like that screen icon_smile.gif , anyway could you use another colour on the shop?

#23 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

All of these have some nice aspects to them, but it's between William and Dragonite for me for their blends of color and screen layout. I want to actually explore these locations. Nice work!

#24 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

Nolornbon - 9 votes = 16.67%
Octorockoncrack - 3 votes = 5.56%
William - 13 votes = 24.07%
Dragonite - 12 votes = 22.22%
Marco - 6 votes = 11.11%
Artistic - 6 votes = 11.11%
Ventus - 3 votes = 5.56%
Jared - 2 votes = 3.70%

Total Votes: 54

William
IPB Image
Consider this my official resignation. For those of you wondering, this is a remake of the first screen I ever made on ZC some four years ago, entered in SotW 222. Thanks for the memories, PureZC. :-)

Congrats on your win, William! It's been wonderful having you around. Make sure to drop in on occasion!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users