Photo

I need ideas for this boss.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:56 PM

http://six50studios....deos/video.html

Ok, that's an old version of the script but nothing involving gameplay has changed, mainly just touch ups here and there with the cutscene parts of the boss. Now, currently this boss is kinda easy, can anyone think of some moves i could possibly do inbetween the 3 main phases? Something that'd need scripting, cause I'm doing this to get more practice. Some sorta super attack, or something, the graphics are limited, but I can edit a sprite I'm currently not using from this boss to make it compatible with what I am using. It looks like his mouth is opened really wide, so if anyone can think of anything I could add in please let me know. Demo for the boss will follow so I can get opinions on difficulty and such.

#2 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:19 AM

I could Gleeok-orize it for you, but.. you gonna need more than four hearts to beat him. icon_freak.gif

#3 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:45 AM

The whole point is for me to add in more stuff to get more practice. Also to make it better, but I just feel as if this boss has something missing, and I'd like to finish the script on my own.

#4 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:51 AM

Ideas:

- He goes under the lava and bursts out sending lava all over the place
- Tries to bite at Link
- Eyes twinkle and then he shoots a 32x32 fireball at Link
- Sends out mini Elvargs
- Shoots out a poison bubble that surrounds Link, it slowly drains health. Link must slash it rapidly.

#5 jerome

jerome

"Ducks eat for free at Subway"

• Members

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:49 AM

Maybe he can move in while shooting flames, instead of fireballs, setting the ground temporarily on fire (yes, I know it's dirt, but still it's something more to avoid.

Also, for a 4-heart boss, that actually seems to be a bit difficult. Not everyone will be able to pull those moves off just because they know it.

I also liked how the guys on the cliffs were "helping". That was pretty cool. Too bad they end up as toast.

I know you said some of it was still "rough", but what about that fireball being inside the creature's throat instead. It looks kind of wierd to have a dragon-like creature shooting fireballs off the side of his head. The rolling fire in the mouth would probably look pretty cool as well. I do like the animation with it, that was pretty awesome.

IDEA: Somewhat stolen from ZebraStallion's idea about a poison bubble- He spits a big blood/phlegm wad at Link that if he touches it, it causes Link to lose the Jump (A-button) temporarily. If Lik doesn't hit it after X-seconds, then it bursts into flames for a X-seconds (damage if touched) and is gone.

#6 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(jerome @ Apr 3 2009, 12:49 PM) View Post

I know you said some of it was still "rough", but what about that fireball being inside the creature's throat instead. It looks kind of wierd to have a dragon-like creature shooting fireballs off the side of his head. The rolling fire in the mouth would probably look pretty cool as well. I do like the animation with it, that was pretty awesome.

That was actually one of the things I've fixed. You can play it here:

http://www.purezc.co...&...st&p=576418

I haven't added in any new moves yet, I tried that 32x32 fireball idea but I've been having trouble with it. (which is strange cause I have a function that should be able to do it easily...but it's just not working right. I also haven't even begun to think about how to apply a 32x32 sprite to an lweapon either though...)

Well, anyway, it's mainly to see if it's too easy, hard, or just right for a 4 heart boss. Lemme know what you think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users