THis story good?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:25 PM

Over the past few months, I have come to find that I am a good writer. But I just wanted to make sure the people here thought it was good, becuase you people here are likely going to be the only ones playing it.

It all starts in a dream of Link's. Link picks up a sword and uses it to slay the boss. Then right before he saves Zelda, he wakes up. He then finds that he is holding the sword from his dream. He goes to see the mayor, who predicted a prophecy that involved such a dream...

The mayor said that he lied about coming up with it and it was actually his sister who lived in Hyrule City. He then tells link to go see her.

When he arrives there, he finds that the Mayor's sister, Cathelia, was imprisoned for predicting that Zelda would be captured by Ganon again. So link hacks and slashes his way through the dungeons of Hyrule Castle to resque her. She then tells him what his dream really meant...

She said that the dream was caused by a powerful force in a distant land called (name pending, I suck at names) and link having the dream means that he is destined to destroy it. So he sets out for (name pending) then he finds that the road to the gate has been blocked. He would need the items found in 3 dungeons across hyrule to destroy the barricade.

#2 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:25 PM

sounds great thus far if not a little familiar in the begining,the whole dream sequence/wake up with sword part anyway

and are there only 3 dungeons in the game?

if you suck at names perhaps someone here could help.

#3 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:54 PM

Sounds So-So, could need a bit more dramatic stuff, but other then that it could turn out to be a great quest.

icon_thumbsup.gif

Comix

#4 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:07 PM

Is there only three dungeons?
Or are they pre-dungeons like in A Link to the Past?

#5 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:27 PM

They are predungeons like ALTTP.

And just to preview how much I suck at names, I went as far as to design a new Sega console and I named it Zega...

And I also thought of naming the distant land Dylania *slaps self for thinking of that*

Ganondork started this project a while ago, but then he abandoned it and I decided to pick it up. My work got delayed then I decided to redo it because I wrote the rest of the story. But I got carried away and the story I wrote was way to much for ZC to handle. So I only am putting in the first 1% of it which ZC can do.

Essentially if I did one of the whole thing it would have over 1000 dungeons because you go through 5 universes.
With the length of this game, it's going to be around the size of ALTTP but much harder. I thought ALTTP was too easy but this quest isn't going to be as hard as armageddon quest.

And anybody got a better name for (name pending)?

#6 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:15 AM

I feel like Ive seen this before... not exactly, but it still has the standard Zelda plot icon_razz.gif, which Im kinda getting tired of (yeah, I know its ZELDA classic, but people could do quite a bit more with plots as far as originality go) but for a Zelda plot its not that bad. Kudos I say!

#7 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:39 AM

Sounds good to me, I don't ZC anymore so I don't really know the standard plot.

I actually think Dylania sounds like a good name for a town.

#8 LJ Bad

LJ Bad

Junior

• Members

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:46 AM

The story sounds like an average Zelda story. It could be better, but it is a lot better than the same old save Zelda, grab Triforces story. Keep working on it. It's always nice to play a quest with a good story.

#9 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:45 PM

*SPOILERS*

Zelda getting Kidnapped is just an excuse to make you go there. Once you get through the game a bit, you will learn that Zelda is the last thing you should be worrying about. THere is another villan here. Bigger than Ganon. Much bigger.

Ana was a Felewithian (Felewithe is the name I got someone to come up with) king that started to practice magic. He got so powerful that his soul couldn't carry all of it, so he created a magical object, and that object worked, but at great cost. It created a new soul, an evil one, and he had to surrender his body to the new soul.

After the new soul had a trade argument with the queen of alexandria, he summoned a storm of meteors and destroyed the continent. Then all the nations, even the Felewithe army, all came together to try to destroy them. When they marched up to the Silver Palace, Ana just killed them all with one spell that made all of thier heads expload. The pregnant Hylian woman would never see her husband again...

Then the nations sent 3 heros to try to defeat Ana. But they were not real heros and only fakes. But the moment that the pregnant Hylian woman's baby was born, Ana sensed a force that if there ever come a time when he puts the world in danger, the boy born would be able to destroy him. SO he abandoned Ana's body, the three soldiers slayed the good king, and (I'll just name him dark Ana for now) Dark Ana possessed Ana's dead corpse. He then went into hiding until the decendant of that boy was weak enough for Dark Ana to destroy...

*END SPOILERS*

YOu just didn't hear the rest of the story yet. But after Link defeats Dark Ana, he learns that there is an even bigger force than that at work... but you shouldn't be concerned with that part. Because that the parts after Dark Ana's defeat are just too cinematic for ZC to handle, the game will end right after Dark Ana dies.

#10 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(Daniel @ Jan 2 2006, 04:39 AM)
Sounds good to me, I don't ZC anymore so I don't really know the standard plot.

I actually think Dylania sounds like a good name for a town.

View Post

Um... does this have anything to do with me icon_wink.gif ?

#11 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:40 PM

good, plot, just get rid of "Their heads exploded" that sounds a little too cartoonish. Make it like "They all turned into stone" or "they were all killed". That would work better.

#12 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:48 PM

very very good...
clap clap clap
you know, if you want to do the spoilers thing...
just make your text color white and say, "HIGHLIGHT TO READ! SPOILERS!"

anyway... off topic...
maybe you can add some part about another big guy coming in and kinda screw things up... that will be intresting!

EDIT: Oh, forgot to give an example for the HIGHLIGHT TO READ Thing..

WARNING! SPOILERS! Highlight to Read.
OMG! YOU CAN DO THIS! The code is:
color=white
/color

dont forget to add the bracets! []!

just do that!

Edited by XdragonSB, 05 January 2006 - 06:51 PM.

#13 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(XdragonSB @ Jan 5 2006, 03:48 PM)
WARNING! SPOILERS! Highlight to Read.
I sometimes dream of licking ponys. The wierd thing is, I think I enjoy it.

View Post

Thats kinda creepy.

But anyway I love how he wipes them out by making thier heads explode. Seeing the graphics for that should be... intersting.

How many "big" forces are we having here..? I think youre hero should end up going to heaven and complaining at the gods for making his world so god awful.

Oh and for a second I thought you were gonna go all harry potter and have him go after the baby... hehe... that would have been funny to.

EDIT: Apperently just using the word *****ing for a way to portray a person really complaining badly isent allowed... oh well.

Edited by ZC-Ninja, 05 January 2006 - 08:44 PM.

#14 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 06 January 2006 - 10:18 AM

In the actual game just 1. But in the story, 3. THere's Dark Ana, Xander, and True Ana. After you defeat Dark Ana, you spend a couple of years living normally, then your on a new quest to destroy the corrupt god Xander, which takes you through 7 kingdoms and over 100 dungeons. Then you find that there are no gods and all 5 of the universes are ruled by True Ana, who is destroying them all because they have become too god awful. then you are on a quest to destroy True Ana, which the original Ana was just the human incarnation of. THis one takes you through all 5 universes, and countless dungeons along the way. During this quest (on the 2nd plane) you learn that all 3 Anas are in balance. One for good, one for evil, and one that is neutral. (Dark Ana=Evil, Ana=Good, True Ana= Neutral) And they all gain more power by what is in the 5 universes. So if there is more evil than there is good and neutral, then Dark Ana will gain power. If there is more good than evil, the Ana will gain, etc. And because Dark Ana and Ana are both gone, True Ana becomes the most powerful thing in the universe. When you use this information to your advantage to try to beat him, he quickly kills you. Then all the people of the earthput their good will together and try to revive link, seeing this, true Ana shatters the universe (link's) and link is revived in hell. SO then he is on a quest to destroy Satan, and I'm just going to stop now. (I told you I went overboard)

And I didn't realize until right then that the baby thing is like harry potter...

#15 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 January 2006 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ Jan 6 2006, 07:18 AM)
In the actual game just 1. But in the story, 3. THere's Dark Ana, Xander, and True Ana. After you defeat Dark Ana, you spend a couple of years living normally, then your on a new quest to destroy the corrupt god Xander, which takes you through 7 kingdoms and over 100 dungeons. Then you find that there are no gods and all 5 of the universes are ruled by True Ana, who is destroying them all because they have become too god awful. then you are on a quest to destroy True Ana, which the original Ana was just the human incarnation of. THis one takes you through all 5 universes, and countless dungeons along the way. During this quest (on the 2nd plane) you learn that all 3 Anas are in balance. One for good, one for evil, and one that is neutral. (Dark Ana=Evil, Ana=Good, True Ana= Neutral) And they all gain more power by what is in the 5 universes. So if there is more evil than there is good and neutral, then Dark Ana will gain power. If there is more good than evil, the Ana will gain, etc. And because Dark Ana and Ana are both gone, True Ana becomes the most powerful thing in the universe. When you use this information to your advantage to try to beat him, he quickly kills you. Then all the people of the earthput their good will together and try to revive link, seeing this, true Ana shatters the universe (link's) and link is revived in hell. SO then he is on a quest to destroy Satan, and I'm just going to stop now. (I told you I went overboard)

And I didn't realize until right then that the baby thing is like harry potter...

View Post

Ok... woah kid... I belive youre a newbie to Zc (correct me if Im wrong) you are concentracting on the plot WAY to much. Quests are made by 1/4 graphics, 1/2 gameplay, and 1/2 plot. This is just way to complicated, and gets to a point like in Grandia II where you are wondering if it will ever end...

Also, I bolded when you said 100 dungeons... I am praying that you were exagarating because, I belive that you can even put in 100, none the less MAKE all 100 dungeons... thats really over shooting, and to make it I think it would take you maybe close to 4 years.

While ZC is a great system, it does have its limits, and I think you might be a bit over shooting here.... try to keep it to a one game plot... this one will get messy. Good luck though icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users