tileset

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#46 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

DOWNLOAD v1.01 (added dungeon torches, minor tile edits, more extras)

Small update: I have updated the submission and original post with a small update containing what is written above!

Edited by Supindahood, 19 July 2014 - 06:06 AM.

#47 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

This tileset is really great, although hard to get used to at first. I´m sure, once you spend some time with it, it´ll be as easy to use as the GB tileset :)

Thank you alot for making this tileset!

#48 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

I ripped a full sized Deku Tree into Firebird's CSet 2. It's not perfect, but it should look pretty decent with the rest of the tileset. (Original version here:http://www.spriters-...es/sheet/17326/ I exported the tile page, would it be okay if I posted it? I mean, I'm not one of the tileset's developers, but I was rather happy with how it looked and kind of wanted to share. (I changed the mouth to look a bit better, though. The one on the original looked rather bad in my opinion.)

Edited by kurt91, 22 July 2014 - 06:15 AM.

• Demonlink likes this

#49 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

Go ahead and post it, I don't mind :)

Edited by Supindahood, 22 July 2014 - 06:14 PM.

#50 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

DekuTreeExport_zps434b1e63.png

I mistakenly thought that the left and right halves of the leaf canopy were just mirror images of each other like the rest of the tree, so when I was adding the highlights back in after using the Leech function, I just flipped the tiles with the highlights to the other side. They're a bit off now, but it shouldn't be very noticeable. I'll probably go back and fix them later on. Surprisingly, it fits CSet 2 very well on its own. When I finish piecing the combos together on the screen I'm working on, I'll post it to show how it fits with the rest of the tileset.

EDIT: Okay, here's a picture of the Deku Tree on screen with the rest of the tileset.

Clipboard01_zps9da06b01.png

Took a while, and the screen ended up needing an extra layer than the two I was already using so that everything laid out correctly, but I'm pretty happy with how it looks. At least it fits in a lot better than the two special trees in the Oracle games.

Edited by kurt91, 22 July 2014 - 08:01 PM.

• nicklegends, Jared and Demonlink like this

#51 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

Cool tree!

a hint about new updates:

* If you want to update your current Firebird quest with a new version of Firebird, you could grab the newest version and export the graphic pack, and then import it in your current quest. This *should* update your quest to using the latest Firebird features. However, this will overwrite any custom tiles and combos you have added, but should not affect your maps and screens unless a few tiles/sprites were moved around in the newest version, which should be an easy fix for oneself!

* Another way to go about updating is, grab the most recent version of Firebird from here, and import your current maps to it.

Edited by Supindahood, 24 July 2014 - 06:37 AM.

#52 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

If you don't mind me asking, why does CSet 6 have two identical sets of green shades? I'm trying to rip in Minish Cap Link tiles (whether as a temporary measure or not, depending on how soon NPCs get included. Plus, it fits rather well and would make a nice alternative) and am noticing that the only way I can make it look really nice is to use 8-bit color on Link so that I can use the default transparent shade as an extra skin tone. If one of the sets of green can be replaced with other colors, I can give a decent Minish Cap Link that should rip easily and look pretty close to perfect. As it is now, I'm having to use 8-bit for the reasons described, and change his shoes to brown instead of red.

#53 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

Yeah, I agree with Kurt. Why IS there two sets of green? Those colors could easily be yellows or reds for different shield colors or something.

#54 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

Because the cap and tunic are separate colors.  You know, like ALttP Link.

#55 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

Is that the only reason? My quest doesn't use the Red/Blue/Gold Rings, so I don't need to worry about Link changing colors. If it's only for his cap and not for anything else like enemies, I'd really like to replace the extra shades with the added colors I need. Actually, does anything other than Link use CSet 6? I just want to know how much wiggle room I have to mess with things before I start breaking stuff.

By the way, and I really don't mean to rush anything or be a nuisance, but when can we look forward to the update with the Shield-carrying Link tiles and the NPC characters? I actually like the default Link in this tileset and I'm only trying to add MC Link because I'm hoping to release something during the Expo. (That, and I need a digging sprite for my Shovel, and MC Link's Mole Mitts animation may work.)

#56 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

Is that the only reason? My quest doesn't use the Red/Blue/Gold Rings, so I don't need to worry about Link changing colors. If it's only for his cap and not for anything else like enemies, I'd really like to replace the extra shades with the added colors I need. Actually, does anything other than Link use CSet 6? I just want to know how much wiggle room I have to mess with things before I start breaking stuff.

By the way, and I really don't mean to rush anything or be a nuisance, but when can we look forward to the update with the Shield-carrying Link tiles and the NPC characters? I actually like the default Link in this tileset and I'm only trying to add MC Link because I'm hoping to release something during the Expo. (That, and I need a digging sprite for my Shovel, and MC Link's Mole Mitts animation may work.)

I believe Zelda and a couple of NPC's does use cset 6, though I think most uses 8. Either way, I have to agree about the color management of cset 6 - I'm working on NPC sprites as we speak, and I do need a couple of extra colors. I will bring it up with the bosses!

#57 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

Guys, this tileset was made for the general public, not a specific person or quest. Nothing about this set is set in stone, so if you need to change the colors of CSet 6 and Link's tiles, so his tunic turns all one color, or so you have some extra wiggle-room with other CSets, feel free! Just as if you want to add tiles, or strip some tiles out that you'd never use in a quest, or even alter them for your own specific use, you're free to do so.

On the flip side, this tileset was made for general use, and in a typical Zelda game, Link's tunic changes color at some point. While I am the one that made the Link tiles, and altered the original palette to allow for the second Tunic color (it was originally a couple shades of red, if I recall correctly), I personally feel that the creative options available with two different colors for Link's tunic outweighs the usefulness of having more colors per that specific CSet. Especially when 8-bit mode gives you ALL the available colors, and is still subject to the effects of CSet 6 changing colors based on rings.

That said, if most feel that CSet 6 would better benefit from having a couple additional colors, either red, blue, yellow, or what-have-you, it would be a simple fix to override the current Link tiles with versions that have only one green scale.

Edited by Relic, 29 July 2014 - 09:14 PM.

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder and Jared like this

#58 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

I understand that. I was just wanting to make sure that nothing else relies on CSet 6, such as enemies or environment objects. I wouldn't want to swap out the greens for something like reds and yellows, and then find out that a large number of enemies suddenly look like they were ran through a cotton candy maker. (I figured it would be easiest to just ask, because you guys would be most likely to know and I've noticed that many times I'll start changing stuff and realize far too late that I broke something else.) If they aren't used for anything else, then I'll go ahead and use the added spaces for what I need.

#59 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

The only thing I can vouch for, for sure, is that no items or enemies use CSet 6. At least, nothing that I made, can't say anything about anyone else editing them.

#60 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

I believe the only things hardcoded in ZC are the merchant and Zelda NPCs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tileset

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users