Crumsc 2 General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Bagel Meister

Bagel Meister

Initiate

• Members

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:10 AM

If you need any help with the quest, or have bug reports, post here.

#2 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:46 AM

Thanks Bagel for this nice quest. It has a lot of good ideas and is really fun to play. But it is WAY TO HARD for me. By meeting a bunch of blue darknuts in level 2 with only 1st sword is too much for me. There is too much fight, fight fight, too much enemies..... For going on I need to cheet as invisible....sad,,,. But I really like the quest.

Why not some choices " hard, medium, easy ". /Lukaz

Edited by Lukaz, 01 May 2018 - 09:25 AM.

• Useless Old Man Wisdom likes this

#3 Bagel Meister

Bagel Meister

Initiate

• Members

Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:32 AM

Sorry! I should probably have put a difficulty warning...

#4 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:39 AM

Sorry! I should probably have put a difficulty warning...

Why don´t make an easier verson as alternative. The quest is really good and it would be sad if players have to give up because its difficulty. I love this quest and I will continue but by cheeting as invisible

#5 bull

bull

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:56 PM

hello

how to defeat the dragon boss in level 1.

i only have bomb, candle and the wooden sword .thanks.

#6 Bagel Meister

Bagel Meister

Initiate

• Members

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:47 AM

Try to keep moving, and trick the boss into firing across the whole room, so that it takes longer to fire again.

Also, save your bombs for later into the fight, as it's easier to use your sword when he still moves slowly.

#7 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:49 AM

I can´t figure out where to go after level 5. Some tips would be appreciated / Lukaz

#8 Bagel Meister

Bagel Meister

Initiate

• Members

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:13 AM

There's a sign that tells you to go to "the point of all journeys' origin". That's a vague hint to go to the beach, where the first Crumsc began. Maybe that was too cryptic of a hint...

#9 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:37 PM

Difficult you say?  I might give this a try and see how it goes.  I love a good challenge.

As for those asking for an easy mode, history has shown that its not feasible for a free quest maker to "truly" alter difficulty.  This is because making "true" difficulty changes are very time consuming, very challenging and very difficult to produce.  And there's no real incentive to make a different difficulty mode if the quest maker already has a game that they can play and they see no problems with playing it.

Cheap buffs/nerfs like halving all damage are possible but they have always been rejected by the target audience because the difficulty feels forced and artificial.  There have been so many examples of quests which have tried this and failed see Isle of Rebirth, Herald of Heroes, Origins Extreme, Armageddon Quest Forever, New Quest 2013 etc...  If anyone doubts this, you should try making a quest with "truly" different difficulty modes and see how hard it is.

#10 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:19 AM

I agree difficulty measures like half damage and whatnot can feel forced and artificial.   I disagree about AQF.   I love that quest.   Still incredibly hard, legitimate challenge, but also at least somewhat accessible to we mortals.  

#11 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:05 PM

AQF was cheaply nerfed to include lots of heart containers on level 1 and also to allow sword beam shooting at less than 100% health.  The "true" and "real" mode of AQF that OUCH! had originally tested it was with only a few heart containers and only able to shoot swords at 100% health, but he cheaply nerfed it to accomodate a larger audience that prefers easier difficulty.

Despite these two cheap nerfs, if you read the review comments, it still wasn't truly accepted by those it was intended to accomodate.  So, lesson to be learned here is that cheap nerfs don't work.  If an author wants to appeal to difficulty preferences other than their own, then they need to spend a lot of time "truly" nerfing or buffing the work otherwise just don't bother at all.

As for retreat to crumsc 2, I will say that the beginning part up to the blue ring is really challenging - comparable to Armageddon Quest's beginning.  I like it, I like it a lot.  I can see that a lot of people will quit because level 2 is quite the challenge and I couldn't kill the level 1 boss with just 3 hearts - try as I might.  The boss guarding the village is also a very tought fight and if you used medicine in beating level 2, then you'll take a very long time beating it.

After you get the blue ring, things get a lot easier.  There are a few bugs here and there but on the whole its a very good quest and it has no arbitrary secrets (thank god).

#12 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:46 AM

What should I do to reach Lv2?

#13 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:06 AM

Where is the first sword located?

#14 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:32 AM

Level 2 is found by going far right past the first level, there's a maze that you need to brute force (I wasn't able to find the maze path anywhere) until you reach the village, then get the key there.  Then go north and you'll find a keyhole you need to unlock.

Wooden sword is found by going down the stairs one screen north of the starting screen.  Then go south and walk on the light blue water.

Before you get to level 2, I strongly advise buying the red potion and hanging onto it despite many urges to use it.  You need it for a boss fight once you beat level 2.

#15 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:39 PM

I got a key in the village once, but might lost it (but I think can't use it in the lonely cave). Also, can't find a keyhole...

Edited by Stray Sheep, 06 May 2018 - 07:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users