Super Mario Maker Level Sharing and Discussion

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#1 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:49 PM

I picked up Super Mario Maker the moment it came out. The game is like a childhood dream to me - I'd play all the classic Mario games and dream up all the possible levels I would make. I'm the type of kid who would draw out his own mazes, clearly influenced by the video games I had at the time (one reason I connected with Zelda Classic). And now I can actually make them! Child me would absolutely love this game. And adult me loves it too! I hope others are as excited as I am.

In order to reach a broader audience and play levels from people around here, I decided to create a thread just for level sharing and discussion. I guess I'll kick it off with my first level, The Mushroom Attendant, made using only the first day's tools. The code is:

The Mushroom Attendant

A4CB-0000-001F-0BF6

I'm still learning, and mostly just had fun with the editor here, but please let me know what you think! And follow me if you like it!

• ShadowTiger, Eddy and Joelmacool like this

#2 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:03 PM

I'm planning to get Mario Maker along with Eddy, hopefully I can get it soon and try all your cool levels! :D

• Shane likes this

#3 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:28 PM

My first level is the only one I've uploaded so far.  I made it with the base materials, but I have all of them unlocked now, and I'm currently working on a "don't move" level.  Here's my first level:

The Tower of Dankery:

171E-0000-001A-80A8

Just so nobody gets confused, I believe all of the level codes are in hexadecimal, so there are no "O"s, only zeros.

#4 Fox

Fox

• Members

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:08 PM

My first level is the only one I've uploaded so far.  I made it with the base materials, but I have all of them unlocked now, and I'm currently working on a "don't move" level.  Here's my first level:

The Tower of Dankery:

171E-0000-001A-80A8

Just so nobody gets confused, I believe all of the level codes are in hexadecimal, so there are no "O"s, only zeros.

Interesting, took me a few tries to get up the tower, but I managed it! Nice concept!

• MarinaraSauce likes this

#5 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:48 PM

I just finished my don't move level:

8285-000-0027-F401

#6 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:10 AM

I'm not a creative person far as gaming goes I got this game to play other people's levels, I will play all these soon as I get time, hopefully tomorrow.

I actually been playing it only on the gamepad, it feels more natural then on the TV for some reason.

#7 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:55 AM

I got a Wii U specifically for this game (and for the coming Zelda game of course).

My first, and most popular stage (1 whole star and 4 plays! omg!). "Chainsawed": B618-0000-0025-EA88

My second stage, a water stage, because everyone loves those. "Shocking pink": 7DF9-0000-0026-FDBF

"Castle of fire", because I couldn't think of an actual good name: DBC1-0000-002A-D9B6

And "Goomba's mini armada": 6E75-0000-002B-8E60

...Then my battery ran out again. Argh!

It should go without saying that I like Mario 3's style most.

• Jared likes this

#8 Fox

Fox

• Members

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:59 AM

I'll try these levels in the morning. For now, I just uploaded a new level. This one's a challenge level - it was made specifically for people who really want a challenge. Most of my levels probably won't be this hard. Hopefully my level actually lives up to this disclaimer!

Powered Platform Panic:

BF86-0000-002C-37B7

#9 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:18 AM

I wish I had cash to get a Wii U.  

#10 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:45 PM

720A-0000-0012-D3B8

It's a classic SMB style level.

#11 Fox

Fox

• Members

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:51 PM

I just finished my don't move level:

8285-000-0027-F401

I liked that your don't move level actually had a kind of boss fight to it. Nice touch!

I got a Wii U specifically for this game (and for the coming Zelda game of course).

My first, and most popular stage (1 whole star and 4 plays! omg!). "Chainsawed": B618-0000-0025-EA88

My second stage, a water stage, because everyone loves those. "Shocking pink": 7DF9-0000-0026-FDBF

"Castle of fire", because I couldn't think of an actual good name: DBC1-0000-002A-D9B6

A stage where you can't stand still, "Spikey donuts": D5CC-0000-002B-26A3

And "Goomba's mini armada": 6E75-0000-002B-8E60

...Then my battery ran out again. Argh!

It should go without saying that I like Mario 3's style most.

These were all pretty fun levels (even the water one!) None were too challenging - you were generous with powerups. The one I had the most trouble with with probably Goomba's Mini Armada.

My next level is a puzzler - one with three trials. I'm interested to see who can solve the puzzles, or at least how far anyone can get!

The Cave of Koopa Conundrums:

53C6-0000-0032-E50D

Enjoy, and please let me know if you like it (or any of the other levels I've posted).

#12 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:20 AM

Underground Platform Peril - E948-0000-0035-5FDC
Spiny Party - 5D15-0000-0035-6E6F

Going to stream some levels from this thread on Tuesday night.

#13 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:55 AM

Gosh, where do we start? 

Salamarionder - F8AD-0000-001D-04BB  (SMB, Overworld)

A platformer version of the first stage of Life Force/Salamander. fairly simple to navigate, with few actual enemies. My first stage, and it shows unfortunately :P 

BubbleMan Remake - D2CD-0000-0024-46CE (SMB, Overworld)

Megaman revisits an familiar looking water treatment plant!! Seems to have dried up, though.

This was made well before warp pipes/sublevels were unlocked, so no underwater section sadly. 

Never Let Her Down. - 8B51-0000-0025-9D5D (NSMB, Castle)

A challenging maze of passages with a few random elements here and there. Beware the imprisoned Bowser, and throw the POW block as soon as you see the block. There's a sharp ramp in difficulty near the end as you pick off enemies with fireballs from a clown car, and set of Thwomps to permanently remove them. Bowser returns with some enhancements at the end, but maybe you can avoid him....

The name is a reference to the sound that plays at the end of the local version: A clip from Rick Astley's (in)famous "Never Gonna Give You Up". It doesn't appear in the online version due to online restrictions. 

Shmup - 6D94-0000-0027-AAA0 (SMB, Ghost) 

Admittedly, the ghost music is one of the least appropriate sounding for an autoscrolling level where you shoot fireballs from a clown car at waves of enemies, but it'll have to do I suppose. After a "space dogfight", you come across an obstacle course of spikes riddled with enemies and winged fire flowers alike, plenty to help you get through the swarm. The boss at the end is a bob-omb generating platform wiht bullet bills. You could fly around it sure, but there is a way to defeat it with its own Bob-Ombs.   Uhhh, just pretend the background music is actually this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vvy3O1gtgo

Mario and The Underworld - 4987-0000-0031-3424 (SMB, Overworld/Castle)

It's the classic World 1-1, but uh...  was there always this much heat coming out of the bonus pipe? 

Super Mario Frustration Remake - 41AA-0000-0032-B671 (SMB, Overworld/Underground)

Alriiiiiiiiiiigggghhhttt!!!!! Nintendo!!!! We're gonna do this, you and me Mario!!! We're gonna find the Princess, she's gonna be grateful, maybe give you a little kiss, then next thing you know you're gonna get laid tonight SO LET'S DO DIS LETS START DISHIT AHP!! WAULD 1-1 I'M READY!!

So far that's all I got. There's room for four more stages and I guess I don't have to tell you that one of these could be deleted in the future. 

Edited by King Aquamentus, 14 September 2015 - 07:15 AM.

• Eddy likes this

#14 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:39 AM

Alriiiiiiiiiiigggghhhttt!!!!! Nintendo!!!! We're gonna do this, you and me Mario!!! We're gonna find the Princess, she's gonna be grateful, maybe give you a little kiss, then next thing you know you're gonna get laid tonight SO LET'S DO DIS LETS START DISHIT AHP!! WAULD 1-1 I'M READY!!

Omfg, I swear this was one of the first YouTube videos I've ever seen. It's amazing to see this pop up again.

Whenever I get Super Mario Maker, I got to play this :P

#15 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:35 PM

Uploaded some more stages, and now I hit my upload limit... (star plz)

88E7-0000-0039-A5F2 (edited) - The Gauntlet. This one is a bit different, it's also incredibly hard. You have to survive a room long enough before a spring board appears so you can reach the exit. Difficulty: EVIL

3376-0000-0037-FA4F - Cave of Munchers. Try to bring a Kuribo's shoe back so you can cross the tunnel to the finish. This one hit the enemy limit because Munchers also count as enemies. Difficulty: Acceptable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users