Photo

Screenshot of the Week 151

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 151 (73 member(s) have cast votes)

Some good shots this week!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Jan 9 2007, 06:15 AM) View Post

Fine, you win. All this complaining is getting on my nerves so here's the shot without any stupid jpg compressions:

IPB Image

I have to admit this one's nicer to look at than the one submitted. icon_razz.gif Oh well, too late to change that screen anymore.

Very nice. I especially like that little emblem over the Play Time. Nicely done

#17 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:02 PM

Wow amazing subscreen... Definitely gets my vote. Good job, Peteo.

Edited by /M/, 09 January 2007 - 03:02 PM.

#18 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:53 PM

Peto- I love it. In a purely metaphorical way. Maybe. Either way though, this screen gets my vote, for while its a subscreen, it still kicks some serious ass compared to most subscreens and everything is nicely posistioned so that the eyes move around the whole shot. Good job.

Revi-Gah my eyes. Make that light brown a tad bit darker man... perhaps its just how high the screen brightness is, but it still seems increadibly bright compared to everything else in the screen. Also the top portion seems lacking... add a tree or blocks or something. Doodads are a screeners best friend.

Shar- Good shot, nothing to complain, but does not still up the type of feelings Peteos does. If I was still able to use Zquest I would most definatly use those palm trees for random secrates and small bridges.

#19 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Jan 9 2007, 06:15 AM) View Post

Fine, you win. All this complaining is getting on my nerves so here's the shot without any stupid jpg compressions:

Believe it or not, I was actually trying to be helpful. icon_confused.gif I have no reason to complain... It's not like it's my entry.

#20 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:26 AM

petoe your subscreen looks professional... nuff said.

#21 Mikado

Mikado

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:56 PM

Man...I had to go with Petoe...that subscreen is nice.... icon_freak.gif

#22 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:06 PM

Wow, I didn't think I'd ever vote for a status screen, but there you go! And I bet that says something rude in Greek!

#23 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:39 PM

actually it says: Lost Isle By Wolfie
Read it carefully and you can see the resemblence. icon_razz.gif

#24 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:02 PM

I voted for Peteo. That is awesome. I especially love the stone tablet backround and the map is real nice.

#25 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:24 PM

Well I had to go with Peteo on this one (like everyone else is seems). Despite there being no action, that's easily the best subscreen I've seen on ZC.

Revfan, nice looking shot, though pretty simple layout.

Sharon, boring cliff face... really boring. And those stairs are horrible! (I'm pretty sure I drew those icon_razz.gif). And that big palm tree does NOT fit with the style of the rest of the screen. It's too detailed, and doesn't have a black outline.

#26 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Jan 9 2007, 08:15 AM) View Post

IPB Image

I have to admit this one's nicer to look at than the one submitted. icon_razz.gif Oh well, too late to change that screen anymore.

OMFG!!!1 PWNZOWNZBURGER!!! I'M TOTALLY STEALING THOSE KUSTOM GRAFIX!!!!111!!0

... sorry for double posting, if no-one beat me to it.

#27 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:21 PM

you double posted. icon_razz.gif
Sure, rip them if you really want to limit yourself to a certain type of subscreen.

#28 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:25 PM

That reverse-psychology won't save you; I'm sure many people would love to use that subscreen. I'd like to make my own, personally, so at least you're safe from me.

#29 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:02 PM

Petoe for sure. But why a JPG?

Both Revfan9 and Sharon Daniel have cliff-like features stretching across their shots--both of which are pretty boring to be honest. And as NoeL said above, the palm tree is simply too detailed for its own good. icon_shrug.gif

#30 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:06 PM

Radien, I wasn't mad at you, your comments are always the best. I was just mad in general. Though I am starting to agree with everyone that it is not such a brilliant idea to ruin the screens with jpg compression. But as some may have guessed, the jpg format was mostly to save the tiles from being stolen, though I rarely see jpg shots submitted so why should I keep submitting bad quality shots like that then? So no jpg screens from me ever again, that's a promise. icon_wink.gif

Oh and that subscreen took me forever to make so I am glad to see people voting for it even though it is not a normal or cool action shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users